ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Application Query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jack&Jill
United Arab Emirates

MN1 form >> Referees for child

Post by Jack&Jill » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:12 pm

Hi Tier11417,

As I approached first referee, that is professional reference from my daughter's play school. They said they can't able to give. They said all our staffs are always busy and it is impossible to give references. Is that legal to refuse? Please advice how to approach to get reference from health visitor.

Many Thanks.

wahi66
BANNED

Re: MN1 form >> Referees for child

Post by wahi66 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:23 pm

why don't you get another professional from your own contact list who knows you and the child rather running after public service personals.

wahi66
BANNED

Post by wahi66 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:25 pm

and yes its absolute legal to refuse to give reference. they are not obliged or required by law unless they want to due to personal relations with child or family.

Jack&Jill
United Arab Emirates

Post by Jack&Jill » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:31 pm

wahi66 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:25 pm
and yes its absolute legal to refuse to give reference. they are not obliged or required by law unless they want to due to personal relations with child or family.
Thanks for your immediate response wahi66. I'll try with asking references from health visitor. But still don't know to whom to approach and request, as I don't know anybody here.

Have a great day.!

Jack&Jill
United Arab Emirates

Post by Jack&Jill » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:41 pm

Hello,

Anyone please help. It's quite urgent.
I tried asking references from health visitor, GP, and in play school. None of them are ready to give references. Now I'm trying to get references from Minister of Religion. My doubt is can I get reference from Temple Priests? Are priests considered as Minister of Religion?

Please advice.

Thanks in advance.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:27 pm

Jack&Jill wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:41 pm
Hello,

I tried asking references from health visitor, GP, and in play school. None of them are ready to give references. Now I'm trying to get references from Minister of Religion. My doubt is can I get reference from Temple Priests? Are priests considered as Minister of Religion?

Please advice.

Thanks in advance.
Yes you can. HO is not very strict on references for young kids. I know health visitor and GP are a pain when it comes to a reference. Try the minister of religion, thats what i did.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Jack&Jill
United Arab Emirates

Post by Jack&Jill » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:46 pm

tier11417 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:27 pm
Jack&Jill wrote:
Hello,

Please advice.

Thanks in advance.
Yes you can. HO is not very strict on references for young kids. I know health visitor and GP are a pain when it comes to a reference. Try the minister of religion, thats what i did.
Thank you Tier11417. One more doubt. As I said earlier my child was still in Tier 2 dependent and her visa expires 28 May 2019. Is that OK if I can apply only MN1 before that? Or should I apply MN1 and should apply for passport before that? Please advice. Many thanks in advance Tier11417.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:09 pm

Jack&Jill wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:46 pm
tier11417 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:27 pm
Jack&Jill wrote:
Hello,

Please advice.

Thanks in advance.
Thank you Tier11417. One more doubt. As I said earlier my child was still in Tier 2 dependent and her visa expires 28 May 2019. Is that OK if I can apply only MN1 before that? Or should I apply MN1 and should apply for passport before that? Please advice. Many thanks in advance Tier11417.
Once your MN1 application is accepted you will receive your child’s British Citizenship certificate.

That is totally up to you if you want to apply for a British passport application after then or not at all. If you apply for the passport it takes around 2/3 weeks standard service.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Jack&Jill
United Arab Emirates

Post by Jack&Jill » Thu May 09, 2019 1:50 pm

Hi Tier11417,

Still struggling to get professional reference. Spoke to Health Visitor and she said she will give only letter, but not passport details. Is that be sufficient to provide letter instead of consent form?

Please advice. Many thanks in advance.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu May 09, 2019 2:20 pm

Jack&Jill wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 1:50 pm
Hi Tier11417,

Still struggling to get professional reference. Spoke to Health Visitor and she said she will give only letter, but not passport details. Is that be sufficient to provide letter instead of consent form?

Just apply with whatever best you have. You can explain that in the cover letter. HO is not strict when it comes to small children referees.

Jack&Jill
United Arab Emirates

Post by Jack&Jill » Thu May 09, 2019 3:52 pm

Great help. Thank you.

FaeLLe
Member of Standing

Post by FaeLLe » Thu May 09, 2019 4:56 pm

tier11417 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 2:20 pm
Jack&Jill wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 1:50 pm
Hi Tier11417,

Just apply with whatever best you have. You can explain that in the cover letter. HO is not strict when it comes to small children referees.
I do not recommend you do that, HO will waste your time and write to you to provide referees with complete details.

HO contact center suggested to me that I get a BC who is someone know knows the applicant personally (does not have to be professionally related) and another individual who knows the baby personally (could be BC or not) and complete the referees.

Explain in a cover letter (the guidance says to provide proof) on why one of the referees is not professionally known to the child and that should suffice.

Good luck and let us know how it went!

Jack&Jill
United Arab Emirates

Post by Jack&Jill » Fri May 10, 2019 3:30 pm

Many thanks FaeLLe and Tier11417. On the back of the consent form it says

Referees must:
not be a relative
not be a solicitor or agent representing you on this application

It says clearly not be a solicitor representing you on this application. The application is made by a parent, so solicitor is not involved in filling the application. Is that OK solicitor can be a referee?? Because one solicitor told me it is fine they can provide a reference. Is that true?

Please advice. Many thanks again.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat May 11, 2019 3:28 pm

If I was you I would go with the health visitor regardless of the BC number and find one friend who is a BC. That solves the problem.

Jack&Jill
United Arab Emirates

Post by Jack&Jill » Sat May 11, 2019 7:34 pm

Thank you Tier11417. I managed to get letter from Health Visitor, but she refused to give her personal details such as address, passport number... Is that be sufficient to submit that letter along with 2 BC professionals working with me.

Many thanks in advance.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat May 11, 2019 8:46 pm

Jack&Jill wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 7:34 pm
Thank you Tier11417. I managed to get letter from Health Visitor, but she refused to give her personal details such as address, passport number... Is that be sufficient to submit that letter along with 2 BC professionals working with me.

Many thanks in advance.
I think you will be fine.

Jack&Jill
United Arab Emirates

MN1 Application Query

Post by Jack&Jill » Tue May 14, 2019 5:26 pm

Hello,

I've been following this forum for couple of years and thank you for all moderators who are in continuous support. I'm filling MN1 application for my 2 year old daughter. I got couple of doubts while filling.

1. Parent or legal guardian details: Father of the applicant is in ILR and mother of applicant is still in their old visa(Tier 2 dependent). Is that necessary to enter both the parent details?

2. Parent or legal guardian details: The child was born to both mom and dad. Yes we are parent. Why there is an option to tick "This is my biological parent"? What does it mean. Is that mandatory to tick?

3. Parent's immigration status: Are you relying on your parent's permanent residence (either as an EEA National or the family member of an EEA National) as evidence of their settled status in the United Kingdom?
I believe EEA is European Economic Area. I'm Indian by nationality. Should I select yes or no?

4. Documents: If Miss Xxx told us that their parent is a British citizen then you must provide us evidence of their citizenship. This could include their British passport, a certificate of citizenship or their birth certificate.
If Miss Xxx told us that their parent is settled in the UK then you must provide us evidence of their settled status. This could include a BRP, a letter from the Home Office, an endorsement in their passport or another document certifying permanent residence.
I believe I need to select the second option. Because one parent is in settled status. Why should I select the first option? If I don't select I'm instructed to review my answers and told "tick all the boxes to agree that you will provide these documents". I'm confused. Please advice.

Many thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: MN1 Application Query

Post by CR001 » Tue May 14, 2019 6:17 pm

1. Parent or legal guardian details: Father of the applicant is in ILR and mother of applicant is still in their old visa(Tier 2 dependent). Is that necessary to enter both the parent details?
It is not a trick question. Simply complete BOTH parents details as the form asks.
2. Parent or legal guardian details: The child was born to both mom and dad. Yes we are parent. Why there is an option to tick "This is my biological parent"? What does it mean. Is that mandatory to tick?
Some children have adoptive or step parents :idea: :idea:
3. Parent's immigration status: Are you relying on your parent's permanent residence (either as an EEA National or the family member of an EEA National) as evidence of their settled status in the United Kingdom?
I believe EEA is European Economic Area. I'm Indian by nationality. Should I select yes or no?
It is NO, you are NOT a PR holder under the EEA rules.
4. Documents: If Miss Xxx told us that their parent is a British citizen then you must provide us evidence of their citizenship. This could include their British passport, a certificate of citizenship or their birth certificate.
If Miss Xxx told us that their parent is settled in the UK then you must provide us evidence of their settled status. This could include a BRP, a letter from the Home Office, an endorsement in their passport or another document certifying permanent residence.
I believe I need to select the second option. Because one parent is in settled status. Why should I select the first option? If I don't select I'm instructed to review my answers and told "tick all the boxes to agree that you will provide these documents". I'm confused. Please advice.
It is the second one as you do NOT have British citizenship. What option have you chosen in the drop down for route to citizenship you are applying for??

Note that we do NOT have sight of the online forms, questions and drop down menu options, so you need to be specific if asking questions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jack&Jill
United Arab Emirates

Post by Jack&Jill » Tue May 14, 2019 7:07 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 6:17 pm
It is not a trick question. Simply complete BOTH parents details as the form asks. Clear. Thank you.
Some children have adoptive or step parents :idea: :idea: Yes I agree. I can see all the options..

Step Mother
Step Father
Adoptive Mother
Adoptive Father
Commissioning father where a surrogate birth has taken place
Commissioning mother where a surrogate birth has taken place
Guardian
Legal Guardian
Special Guardian

What is the purpose of option Biological parent?? Should I tick or just leave. I'm confused.

It is NO, you are NOT a PR holder under the EEA rules. Clear. Thank you.
It is the second one as you do NOT have British citizenship. What option have you chosen in the drop down for route to citizenship you are applying for?? There is no such drop down for route to citizenship you are applying for..
I've selected
Choose which category to apply under. You are a child under 18 and:
Selected "You were born in the UK". and below selected "
One or both your parents are settled in the UK".

Note that we do NOT have sight of the online forms, questions and drop down menu options, so you need to be specific if asking questions. It is under document section.
Documents
From the list of documents below, provide as many as you can. Tick each document to confirm that you have read the requirement, even if you cannot send it. If you are unsure about any of the evidence, read the guidance.
The passport issued by India for Miss Xxx
Proof of Mr Xxx parental responsibility for Miss Xxx.
Proof of Miss Xxx parental responsibility for Miss Xxx.
Proof of Miss Xxx parental responsibility can include:
A copy of the birth certificate
A parental responsibility order, care order, adoption order or special guardianship order
A letter of consent from Miss Xxx parent(s) or legal guardian(s)
Miss Xxx birth certificate (showing details of both parents)
If Miss Xxx has a passport then provide this with your application. If Miss Xxx does not have a passport then you must provide another officially-issued identity document. This could include an official travel document or national identity card.
If Miss Xxx told us that their parent is a British citizen then you must provide us evidence of their citizenship. This could include their British passport, a certificate of citizenship or their birth certificate.
Miss Xxx parents' marriage certificate
Two referee declarations for Miss Xxx
Miss Xxx current biometric residence permit (BRP)

Jack&Jill
United Arab Emirates

Post by Jack&Jill » Wed May 15, 2019 9:48 pm

Hello Good evening.

I got a doubt while filling the MN1 application.

In document checklist, it says
The letter must:
give their full names and addresses
say that they agree to let you apply for a British citizenship

Doubt is address column is not there in Father and Mother consent sections. It's present in Guardian section. I'm confused where to fill the address? They asked in document checklist..

Many thanks in advance.

Jack&Jill
United Arab Emirates

Post by Jack&Jill » Thu May 16, 2019 12:22 pm

Anyone there to help. Please its quite urgent. Appointment next week.

Thanks in advance.

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by tier21419 » Thu May 16, 2019 2:15 pm

Jack&Jill wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 9:48 pm
Hello Good evening.

I got a doubt while filling the MN1 application.

In document checklist, it says
The letter must:
give their full names and addresses
say that they agree to let you apply for a British citizenship

Doubt is address column is not there in Father and Mother consent sections. It's present in Guardian section. I'm confused where to fill the address? They asked in document checklist..

Many thanks in advance.
I just had appointment for my children. No, I did not add any address on the consent forms. Just parents names and child name. I think the address is already being entered in the application, so no need to add here (there is no place/option on forms anyway).

nikhpm
Newly Registered

Post by nikhpm » Thu May 16, 2019 3:52 pm

Hi,

Need an urgent Guidance on Professional referee for Child Form MN1 Online.

My son's teacher has agreed to be a referee however she is not willing to share the personal Details like Passport Number & Date of Birth.

On the online application form there is an option to skip the Passport Number by clicking option is the referee British citizen No, however i can move forward with out entering the Date of Birth.

Anyone came across this issue and what is the solutions.

many thanks npm.

Simplebuthonest
Mood:

Post by Simplebuthonest » Thu May 16, 2019 11:35 pm

I have been through the same thing, don't stress out too much! they are quite lenient for children.

If you have an employer, see if your HR colleague can be a referee (that's what I did).

Jack&Jill
United Arab Emirates

Post by Jack&Jill » Tue May 21, 2019 9:35 pm

Hello,

Thank you everyone who responded to my queries promptly. I've successfully applied MN1 for my child. May I know what happens next? Her visa expires 28 May. Can we travel with the British Citizenship Certificate? or should I wait and apply for BP and then travel?

Much appreciate for replies.

Best Regards