ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need Advice please

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Picard

Need Advice please

Post by Picard » Sun May 19, 2019 6:46 pm

Hi All,

I have British citizenship.
My wife just received extension on ICT visa. We are thinking of applying FLR (M) for her, but not sure how to go about it.

Should she apply for FLR (M) and then resign?
I think the moment FLR (M) is granted, her ICT visa will be void.
If she resigns, not sure if employer will make her serve notice period of 3 months, is it still legal to work for company where the job role is under ambit of ICT and the employee no longer has ICT visa?
Can she continue for the same employer with FLR (M)? (She does not want to leave this job, hence we didnt apply for FLR (M) yet)

Thanks much for your advice

P

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Need Advice please

Post by CR001 » Mon May 20, 2019 9:42 am

Should she apply for FLR (M) and then resign?
If she wishes to. There is no requirement in the Immigration rules that she must.
I think the moment FLR (M) is granted, her ICT visa will be void.
Correct.
If she resigns, not sure if employer will make her serve notice period of 3 months, is it still legal to work for company where the job role is under ambit of ICT and the employee no longer has ICT visa?
It is legal to work for ANY employer if you hold a valid visa. You are confusing issues here.
Can she continue for the same employer with FLR (M)? (She does not want to leave this job, hence we didnt apply for FLR (M) yet)
Yes, if her employer wishes to keep her on.

Note that simply because she changes visas does not mean her ICT employment becomes 'illegal' or 'obsolete'. She simply needs to inform them when she gets her new visa to prove her right to work.

For FLR(M), she will need English test and must meet the Financial requirement. She will have to pay the £1033 visa fee, £1000 IHS plus whatever UKCVAS service is chosen.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Picard

Re: Need Advice please

Post by Picard » Thu May 23, 2019 9:26 am

Thank you CR001.
This really helps.

Cheers