ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can we use eGates at UK border?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

grreg

Can we use eGates at UK border?

Post by grreg » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:30 pm

My wife has an Australian passport and Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa.

She arrived at Heathrow on 20-May which I believe was the first day Australians and various other countries could use eGates due to the new rules.

Staff herding passengers into queues told her that as she had an Australian passport she should use the eGate which she did. It scanned her passport but it did not ask for her BRP at all.

I am wondering if she has done the wrong thing by using the eGate and should have joined a queue to see a immigration officer.

Worried she has inadvertently cancelled her Tier 1 visa and entered as a ‘visa free visitor’

I can’t find any really clear info about this online does anyone know the answer?

zimba
Mood:

Re: Can we use eGates at UK border?

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:26 am

Yes you can.
How will I be granted Leave to Enter if I’m coming to the UK with Indefinite Leave to Remain or a Tier 1 or Tier 2 visa?
You do not need to be granted Leave to Enter as your entry clearance or Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) already has the effect of granting you leave to enter the United Kingdom. You will not receive a stamp in your passport or a written notice following your use of the ePassport gate.
ePassport Gate Guidance: https://www.faster-uk-entry.service.gov ... teGuidance
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice