ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applied online/Physical documents/Approval letter

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

TammyLynn
Newly Registered
United States of America

Applied online/Physical documents/Approval letter

Post by TammyLynn » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:25 am

I applied online, towards the end of March (22 March 2019). If you apply online, how is your approval letter arriving? Online or by post?

I'm going nuts waiting on mine! :-D Trolling the boards for clues, I keep reading about documents being sent and receiving them back by post etc. Um, as I applied online, I didn't physically send any documents in. Now I'm worried that I missed something, but I've not been asked for any physical documents. Everything was scanned and sent in by me through Sopra. They said everything was OK at my appointment with them in Cardiff in early April (4 April 2019). All they did was scan my passport. (Wrong I might add! I caught the mistake and pointed it out and they scanned it again)

So, my questions...
1- If you applied online, how is your approval letter arriving?
2- If you applied online, did you send any physical documents in?

Info about me (might be helpful to some): I'm an American married to a British Citizen. 14 years in August. Past my Life in the Uk Test on 14 Sep 2007. Have ILR.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applied online/Physical documents/Approval letter

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:32 am

So, my questions...
1- If you applied online, how is your approval letter arriving?

Second class post, A5 brown envelope (looks almost like junkmail).
2- If you applied online, did you send any physical documents in?
It is NOT required to send originals if using the UKCVAS service unless HO specifically writes to you and asks for them.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

TammyLynn
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by TammyLynn » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:37 am

CR001, Thank you!

I can now stop worrying I've missed an email, and start sitting by the door. :-D

The 'no updates' or 'no confirmations' or no way to look up the status of your application is nerve-racking. For me anyway. :-) These boards help a lot. Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:39 am

I can now stop worrying I've missed an email, and start sitting by the door. :-D
Lol, don't rugby tackle the postman daily though :wink:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Nerazzuri

Post by Nerazzuri » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:57 am

TammyLynn wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:37 am
CR001, Thank you!

The 'no updates' or 'no confirmations' or no way to look up the status of your application is nerve-racking. For me anyway. :-) These boards help a lot. Thank you.
That is a horrible aspect of this service. The waiting with no information/updates. It could drive you nuts. What I ultimately did to calm myself from checking my mailbox everyday and rugby-tackling the post person was the observation that most (not all, but most) decision letters appear to be delivered on Friday or Saturday. That way, when I saw the post person on a Wednesday, I just let her be 😂

alexbran89
Romania

Post by alexbran89 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:48 am

Haha same here , I was expected my letter to arrive either Monday / Wednesday / Friday or Saturday but arrived on a Thursday and I didn’t expect that lol
Think it will arrive when you don’t really expect :D

TammyLynn
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by TammyLynn » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:55 am

Strangely comforting to know that I'm not the only one!

So basically, a watched pot never boils. :-D

**Refrains from staring at the door where the post comes in.**

martin_k
Newly Registered
Mood:
Poland

Post by martin_k » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:53 pm

After reading this topic I had to register to get involved with my first post here, I think it may be helpful:

We applied online (me and my partner) about two months ago, then biometrics and uploaded documents in Cardiff. HO contacted me few days ago via EMAIL ONLY (check Your junk box just in case) regarding additional documents request, which we need provide by post or email by end of June or our application will be refused.

All sorted now, well... I hope that HO received email, I'll call them tomorrow, but what I wanted to say is that HO may contact You via EMAIL ONLY regarding additional documents, no traditional post at all here, at this stage.

So in summary if I would not check "email" for two weeks, then probably I would be negatively surprised.

TammyLynn
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by TammyLynn » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:46 pm

Wow! Thanks for this Martin! I will continue to keep an eye on my inbox and junk mail. I've been watching it like a hawk so I don't think I've missed any emails. **Fingers crossed**

I'm sure I'm not the only one with these questions so thank you for registering and sharing your experience. I'm sure it will help others too.

Tammy
martin_k wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:53 pm
After reading this topic I had to register to get involved with my first post here, I think it may be helpful:

We applied online (me and my partner) about two months ago, then biometrics and uploaded documents in Cardiff. HO contacted me few days ago via EMAIL ONLY (check Your junk box just in case) regarding additional documents request, which we need provide by post or email by end of June or our application will be refused.

All sorted now, well... I hope that HO received email, I'll call them tomorrow, but what I wanted to say is that HO may contact You via EMAIL ONLY regarding additional documents, no traditional post at all here, at this stage.

So in summary if I would not check "email" for two weeks, then probably I would be negatively surprised.

martin_k
Newly Registered
Mood:
Poland

Post by martin_k » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:14 am

I tried reach them by phone just now, unsuccessfully, after choosing carefully several proper options I was in stage like: "if Your application is less than 6mths old press 1, if over 6mths 2. So I pressed 1 and: "Home Office will contact You if necessary" beep beep....

Home Office is huge department I think, I don't think so that I'll get real instant answer regarding my email... so "plan B" to be safe. I was requested to prove my last 2years of residence, for example by: P60s, payslips, letters from employers. Originally included mortgage statement, looks like not good enough. So I emailed P60s, but because of no any indication about that email was reached correct person, I'll use provided postal address to post recorded letter with letter from employer and a note about situation with email. This way I should be OK, and I should be not to worry if documents not reached by end of the month and application being refused. On top of it that's just letter from employer, no problems if somehow will be lost. So basically I sent valuable documents via email, but because of no any confirmation less valuable documents but still acceptable via post. It make sense? I hope, and I hope that my situation will help anyone with same problem.

TammyLynn
You applied 22.03, I applied 29.03, Your Cardiff appointment was on 04.04, my was on 29.04... but as I was told "up to 6mths waiting time is". I have noticed that there is no rule about it, some with 5+1year residence had answers within just a month, some with 10years+ were waiting for months... no rule at all, so fingers crossed, and don't be worry, You will get email/letter at some point, overthinking is the killer :wink:

TammyLynn
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by TammyLynn » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:18 pm

Well how about that! It arrived today! Yippy!!! I'm a dual citizen! :-D Well as soon as I go through the ceremony that is. :-D

Nerazzuri

Post by Nerazzuri » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:03 pm

martin_k wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:14 am
I tried reach them by phone just now, unsuccessfully, after choosing carefully several proper options I was in stage like: "if Your application is less than 6mths old press 1, if over 6mths 2. So I pressed 1 and: "Home Office will contact You if necessary" beep beep....

Home Office is huge department I think, I don't think so that I'll get real instant answer regarding my email... so "plan B" to be safe. I was requested to prove my last 2years of residence, for example by: P60s, payslips, letters from employers. Originally included mortgage statement, looks like not good enough. So I emailed P60s, but because of no any indication about that email was reached correct person, I'll use provided postal address to post recorded letter with letter from employer and a note about situation with email. This way I should be OK, and I should be not to worry if documents not reached by end of the month and application being refused. On top of it that's just letter from employer, no problems if somehow will be lost. So basically I sent valuable documents via email, but because of no any confirmation less valuable documents but still acceptable via post. It make sense? I hope, and I hope that my situation will help anyone with same problem.

TammyLynn
You applied 22.03, I applied 29.03, Your Cardiff appointment was on 04.04, my was on 29.04... but as I was told "up to 6mths waiting time is". I have noticed that there is no rule about it, some with 5+1year residence had answers within just a month, some with 10years+ were waiting for months... no rule at all, so fingers crossed, and don't be worry, You will get email/letter at some point, overthinking is the killer :wink:
If you respond directly to the person who emailed you, that will be sufficient. Sending a second communication by mail may actually further slow your application down by creating more work for the caseworker. I know it's nerve wracking and one will not want to leave anything to chance.

As for the phone line, if I'm not mistaken, it's outsourced and they cannot access your application or records. They basically only provide general information already available online, or ask you to email.

martin_k
Newly Registered
Mood:
Poland

Post by martin_k » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:06 pm

TammyLynn Congratulations :D :D

Nerazzuri Thanks for valuable tips, I have sent email directly, stating my surname and caseworker in subject, exactly like in received "how to" annex. Well.. maybe they are too busy at the moment to answer for email, don't know, but in my original message was stated that if not received by end of the month, then whole application will be refused, so posted via Royal Mail recorded, just in case, delivered to their office few days ago :-) Yeah, additional correspondence may slow down whole process, but at least I know that it was definitely delivered/received ;-)