ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Consent for Home Office verification checks..

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

applicant_ILR
Newly Registered

Please direct me to the right ILR application please

Post by applicant_ILR » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:08 am

Hi everyone,

Here are some of my query related details - I'll be eligible to apply for ILR in a few days based on 5 years of my UK residence as partner of a Tier 1 (General) applicant who got settled in 2015 and naturalised in 2016. My last visa extension as PBS Dependent was done in May 2018 and the one before that was done in 2015 just after my husband’s ILR application was approved. Entry clearance was granted in 2014.
I've just filled out the ''Find out if you can apply to settle in the UK'' section of UKVCAS website as follows -
1. What's your situation?
You're the family member or partner of a British citizen
2. Did your family member or partner settle before they became a British citizen?
Yes
3. How did they settle?
On a work visa
4. What type of work visa did they settle with?
A tier 1, tier 2 or tier 5 visa
(https://www.gov.uk/settle-in-the-uk/y/y ... ier-5-visa)
So the result was '' You can apply as the partner or child of a tier 1, 2 or 5 visa-holder who has settled in the UK ''
but I've also found the following highlighted paragraph in the same result page saying
'' If you got your current visa as your partner’s dependant after they settled in the UK, you must apply as the partner of a settled person instead ''
This is the corresponding link for the underlined text above -
(https://www.gov.uk/settle-in-the-uk/y/y ... ur-partner) - let me mention here that the answers that were shown in this link are automatically popped up, which are not quite right for my scenario.

Now my question is - which of the above options should I be applying for?

Many thanks in advance.

applicant_ILR

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Please direct me to the right ILR application please

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:39 am

It is form SET(O) if you hold and have held a Tier 1 Dependent visa for 5 years.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

applicant_ILR
Newly Registered

Re: Please direct me to the right ILR application please

Post by applicant_ILR » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:25 pm

Thank you CR001.

applicant_ILR
Newly Registered

Rules around cohabitation documents..

Post by applicant_ILR » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:19 am

Hi everyone,

Does all cohabitation documents needed to be joint accounts only or is it acceptable to submit individual bank statements (from same bank) addressed to the same address?

Many thanks in advance.

applicant_ILR

Casa

Re: Rules around cohabitation documents..

Post by Casa » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:52 am

applicant_ILR wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:19 am
Hi everyone,

Does all cohabitation documents needed to be joint accounts only or is it acceptable to submit individual bank statements (from same bank) addressed to the same address?

Many thanks in advance.

applicant_ILR
Single named documents with joint address will be fine.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

applicant_ILR
Newly Registered

Consent for Home Office verification checks..

Post by applicant_ILR » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:07 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm applying for ILR as a PBS dependent of a sponsor (my husband) who was settled under Tier 1(General) category before becoming a naturalised British citizen.

As a full time permanent employee I've my own income therefore do not need any particular financial support from my husband or any one else for that matter.

I'm submitting joint account (with my husband) statements from both banks & Utility companies as evidence for cohabitation; I'm also submitting my employment related documents like letter from employer, pay slips and relevant (individual) bank statements as evidence that we can support ourselves if granted ILR without needing any public funds.

Now can someone help me how to answer the following questions from Set (O) online application please?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Consent for the Home Office to request verification checks for joint accounts or third party support

1. Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people?

Yes

No

2. Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?

Yes

No
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many thanks in advance.

applicant_ILR

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Consent for Home Office verification checks..

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:31 pm

1) Yes
2) No
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

applicant_ILR
Newly Registered

ILR absences related query...

Post by applicant_ILR » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:38 am

Thanks tier11417 for your reply for the verification checks related query above..
Hi everyone,

One of the questions in Set(O) form related to absences asks;

When did you leave the UK and Crown Dependencies?

I know the exact date I left but my passport has the following day stamped in the arrival country (and as you may already aware that there is no leaving stamp at the UK airport so no proof I left the previous day except journey itinerary from a travel agency in case if they asked me further evidence).

Can someone advice how to answer the above question please?

Many thanks in advance.

applicant_ILR

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:47 am

You really are overthinking.

You simply state your date you left and the date you returned. HO has access to the passenger data. No extra evidence is required from you from travel agencies.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

applicant_ILR
Newly Registered

Post by applicant_ILR » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:13 am

Thanks CR001 for your quick reply.

Just completed my application and submitting it today so no more silly questions from me .. :)

thanks once again for your help.

applicant_ILR

applicant_ILR
Newly Registered

No space for previous address in Set(O) online form

Post by applicant_ILR » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:26 pm

Hi again everyone,

I know its too late for me to make any changes in the application but let me ask it anyway please..

Just submitted my ILR application using Set(O) form but realised the fact that the online form never let me enter my previous address. Thought of entering it in additional information section at the end but there is none like that in the online form unlike the paper forms I filled out for earlier extensions.

I moved into my new address just a couple of months ago so that is all I was able to give in the online application submitted but still remember giving addresses information covering at least three years in my previous applications..

Do you guys think I did a mistake while filling the form that's why previous addresses option never came up or am I alright? Can some one who has the knowledge of online Set(O) form reply please?

Many thanks in advance.

applicant_ILR

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: No space for previous address in Set(O) online form

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:28 pm

applicant_ILR wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:26 pm
Hi again everyone,

I know its too late for me to make any changes in the application but let me ask it anyway please..

Just submitted my ILR application using Set(O) form but realised the fact that the online form never let me enter my previous address. Thought of entering it in additional information section at the end but there is none like that in the online form unlike the paper forms I filled out for earlier extensions.

I moved into my new address just a couple of months ago so that is all I was able to give in the online application submitted but still remember giving addresses information covering at least three years in my previous applications..

Do you guys think I did a mistake while filling the form that's why previous addresses option never came up or am I alright? Can some one who has the knowledge of online Set(O) form reply please?

Many thanks in advance.

applicant_ILR
The form does not ask for previous addresses.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

applicant_ILR
Newly Registered

Post by applicant_ILR » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:42 pm

Thanks very much for your quick reply tier11417.

Can't imagine what applicants like me in need of help would have done if this forum was not there in the first place!

Thanks once again to you and everyone who has had been contributing to this forum, you guys are awesome..

applicant_ILR