ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling in Europe on foreign passport after BC is received. Will Immigration allow back into the UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mrmagoo
Newly Registered
Mood:

Travelling in Europe on foreign passport after BC is received. Will Immigration allow back into the UK

Post by Mrmagoo » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:13 am

Hi All,

Appreciate any guidance on this question as it has people I've asked confused - Aside from saying "don't travel".

Attended british citizenship ceremony and now a British citizen, meaning can apply for UK passport.
This process takes 6-8wks and have to send off existing NZ passport.
Unfortunately have to go abroad in 5wks meaning need a passport to travel on.
So cannot apply for uk passport yet in case it is not returned in time.

If leave on Nz passport - Will they allow me back into the country on Nz passport without a UK passport as I understand "indefinite leave to remain" is no longer valid.

very confused :?

Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Travelling in Europe on foreign passport after BC is received. Will Immigration allow back into the UK

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:16 am

British passports are currently taking around 1 to 2 weeks.

british-citizenship/british-passport-ap ... -6640.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Travelling in Europe on foreign passport after BC is received. Will Immigration allow back into the UK

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:17 am

Presumably you had ILR as a BRP card, which also needs to be returned to HO within 5 days of your ceremony as it is no longer valid.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mrmagoo
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Mrmagoo » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:39 am

Thanks to this forum, am aware of the ILR card needing to be returned, as it can easily be missed on the back page of the documents... :D

1-2wks is very quick at the moment

Nerazzuri

Post by Nerazzuri » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:43 am

If you apply for your passport right away you'll get it in a maximum of 3 weeks. HMPO says it takes 6 weeks (in reality, it doesn't if you apply within the first year of getting citizenship).