ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Two employer letters: one confirming employment dates the other one confirming dates of absence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pheliks
Newly Registered

ILR application while current job finishes in 10 months

Post by pheliks » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:33 pm

Dear friends,

I would be grateful for a piece of advice on the following questions.

My current contract is until the next summer (July 2020). I have received an offer for a permanent position in another organization, which I’ve accepted and I plan to start the new job in October 2019.

I am eligible for applying for ILR since August 2019, and since I’m planning to stay in the UK, it makes more sense to apply for ILR rather than for Tier 2 before starting the new job. Therefore I plan to apply in August for ILR (priority service) for myself and my family.

My questions are as follows:
  1. Is it safe to assume that 10 months is the foreseeable future?
  2. If not, could a letter (stating that they need me for the foreseeable future) from my next employer help in any way?
  3. If the answer to the first question is yes, does it make any sense to have a supporting letter from my next employer? or does it make sense to disclose my situation in a cover letter that I’m going to start a new job in 2 months?
Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR application while current job finishes in 10 months

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:35 pm

1. Should be ok provided you have not resigned and ho check with your current employer.

2. No.

3. No and no.

You are required to prove your current employment with your sponsor and the foreseeable future issue to qualify for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pheliks
Newly Registered

Re: ILR application while current job finishes in 10 months

Post by pheliks » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:52 pm

CR001, thanks for the quick and helpful reply!

pheliks
Newly Registered

Two employer letters: one confirming employment dates the other one confirming dates of absence

Post by pheliks » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:43 pm

Dear friends,

I’m trying to get an employment letter from my previous employer (an University). The HR department can issue a letter confirming the employment dates, but not absences. They say that absences has to be issued by the Department I worked in as all absence records are kept locally in the Department and they have no record of these centrally.

My questions are as follows:
  1. Is is OK to have two letters -- one from HR confirming my employment dates, the other one from the Department that provides and confirms the list of my absences?
  2. If the answer to 1) is Yes, is this OK to have the second letter being signed by my line manager (a Professor from the department), or better have is signed by the head of the department? (the thing is that I’m not sure that the head of the department would be willing to sign something like this, as I have been funded by a grant of my line manager and I’m sure that the Department does not have any formal records of my absences, all my trips were discussed and approved directly with my line manager).
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Two employer letters: one confirming employment dates the other one confirming dates of absence

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:51 pm

You do not need an employment details letter for your previous sponsor. Only absence letter.

The employment details letter is only required for your current sponsor.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pheliks
Newly Registered

Re: Two employer letters: one confirming employment dates the other one confirming dates of absence

Post by pheliks » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:04 pm

CR001, thanks for the quick reply.

I've missed the point that I don't need an employment details letter from my previous sponsor. Thanks for clarifying this.

Do you know if I can have my absence letter from the previous employer being issued by the Department (not HR) and signed by me line manager as described in my post?