ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employment Letter

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

AndrewD
Newly Registered

Employment Letter

Post by AndrewD » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:48 pm

My wife is about to put in her spouse visa application. We originally got a letter from my employer in March detailing my salary, but as we have been delayed in applying we asked again for another letter last week.

In between these two letters I have accepted another job, and I am currently in my notice period. Because of this, my employer said they had to put the end date of my employment on the letter.

My wife and I are unsure which letter to use. A lawyer who is giving us some advice told us the first letter will be fine, but we are concerned about it being nearly four months old. We are also concerned about the potential complications arising from using the new letter with an end date (I know it is only about my wages for the previous six months, and we can prove I am moving to a new job with a better salary, but it is always concerning when things are not straightforward and you have to explain them).

I know it may seem like a small thing, but we are understandably nervous, and want to make sure we get this right. Any advice on whether the date from the first letter will be an issue or not would be gratefully received.

KristianDLloyd
Mood:
Wales

Re: Employment Letter

Post by KristianDLloyd » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:02 pm

Although there is no requirement for the letter to be dated within 28 days of the application date, I would recommend not using it.

The UKVI may contact your employer to confirm your details. If they do and they disclose that you are either serving your notice / you have left, think how this would look to the ECO?

If I can give you any advice, it’s to be open and honest throughout.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Employment Letter

Post by seagul » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:18 pm

KristianDLloyd wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:02 pm
Although there is no requirement for the letter to be dated within 28 days of the application date, I would recommend not using it.

3.3.8. Where Appendix FM-SE requires the applicant to provide specified evidence relating to a
period which ends with the date of application, that evidence must be dated no earlier
than 28 days before the date of application.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ext_1_.pdf
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.