ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mistake on submitted UK Spouse visa application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

piccolo
Newly Registered
Mood:

Mistake on submitted UK Spouse visa application

Post by piccolo » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:56 pm

Hello. I made a stupid mistake on my wife's spouse visa application, its already been submitted and her bio metrics taken this week. I am going to submit the supporting evidence next week. I have read elsewhere on this forum some people have had some luck in printing the application form and making the correction in pen, and then writing a cover letter to explain the mistake. I've got the citizenship of her parents wrong and one date of travel. Has anyone had any experience of this? I'm hoping it not a reason to refuse the Visa if I point out the mistake? Thank you in advance!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Mistake on submitted UK Spouse visa application

Post by seagul » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:35 pm

There is no longer practice of sending documents by post to sheffield rather you have to scan, upload and dispatch them electronically through VFS centre. Ideal is covering letter which may work.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

piccolo
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: Mistake on submitted UK Spouse visa application

Post by piccolo » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:47 pm

Thank you for your reply, its very much appreciated. Yes, I was thinking I would ask my immigration lawyer to write a cover letter (they have already written one to support the application) so I will speak with him on Monday to maybe add this or write a separate one. I will print the application, make the corrections and submit this with my evidence at the VFS centre then and cross my fingers. I just didn't want to get banned for 10 years for supplying misleading info. Thanks once again for taking the time to reply. Cheers.