ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SALA OVERTURNED BY COURT OF APPEAL NO LONGER GOOD LAW

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Shahbazraja786

Re: SALA OVERTURNED BY COURT OF APPEAL NO LONGER GOOD LAW

Post by Shahbazraja786 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:25 pm

loveleakside wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 5:07 pm
Update ...
I had my eea efm appeal hearing today at Hatton Cross. Dependent prior before coming to the Uk was accepted during the time of application but dependent in the Uk is the major issue that the home office never accepted.
I was asked series of question and the same type was posed to my sponsor. 90% were accurate so the home office lawyer questioned my credibility because i came on a visit visa but claimed my intention was to stay here with my uncle. She said i decieved them during my applicatoon which the judge supported her but my lawyer claim that the travel history is irrelevant under eea laws. So the judge said he needs more time to make his decision since we both perform great during the question period except the credibility issue. Please i will like to know if the credibility question will not affect the decision.
Hi I had hearing Yesterday u was nervous but nothing happened.hime office representer asked to me few questions that I already mentioned in my statment and then they asked same questions to my uncle that he mentioned in his statment.then my barrister explained my situation.thrn judge said u can go now.it took total 15 minuts maximum.
And after that home office barrister didn't say anything.
And everything finished.
What is this mean ?

Obie
Ireland

Re: SALA OVERTURNED BY COURT OF APPEAL NO LONGER GOOD LAW

Post by Obie » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:14 am

This unreported case is very important for Extended family members who have been refused on the bases that they are related to the EU citizen's spouse as opposed to the EU citizen.
This ruling was well overdue.

https://www.bailii.org/uk/cases/UKAITUR ... 12018.html
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors