ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unstamped Bank Statements

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

UzomaPhilips
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Unstamped Bank Statements

Post by UzomaPhilips » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:25 am

Hello,
I am renewing my FLR (M) visa due to expire August 2019 via Cat A.

1. Just went to TSB to print out my 6 months statement which they did but then refused to stamp it due to the banks policy. Is this a problem? Should I explain in my application letter?

2. I have 5 joint letters from 2017 through to 2019 and two single letters from different sources. Would this suffice for proof of cohabitation?

3. I work in the UK public sector. Getting a bespoke
employment letter is proving tricky although my contract clearly states that my job is permanent. The letter I got stars my salary and that my work for the organisation and lists whom to contact. Is this okay or should I continue to push for a bespoke letter?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Unstamped Bank Statements

Post by seagul » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:42 pm

UzomaPhilips wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:25 am
Hello,

1. Just went to TSB to print out my 6 months statement which they did but then refused to stamp it due to the banks policy. Is this a problem? Should I explain in my application letter?

2. I have 5 joint letters from 2017 through to 2019 and two single letters from different sources. Would this suffice for proof of cohabitation?

employment letter is proving tricky although my contract clearly states that my job is permanent. The letter I got stars my salary and that my work for the organisation and lists whom to contact. Is this okay or should I continue to push for a bespoke letter?
1. Try other branch/other time because they do stamp.

2. Yes as long as they are from at least 3 sources with at least 3-4 months gap.

3. Contract is not mandatory but employer letter is. It can be addressed to whom it may concern but preferably UKVI. It must state your job title, length of service, wages, overtime/bonuses etc.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

UzomaPhilips
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by UzomaPhilips » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:29 pm

seagul wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:42 pm
UzomaPhilips wrote:
Hello,

2. Yes as long as they are from at least 3 sources with at least 3-4 months gap.

3. Contract is not mandatory but employer letter is. It can be addressed to whom it may concern but preferably UKVI. It must state your job title, length of service, wages, overtime/bonuses etc.
Cheers for the advice. Went to another branch 20 mins away and statement was sorted :roll:

I'll push for a bespoke employment although these government agencies are notoriously rigid and slow.

OlaSim
Mood:

Post by OlaSim » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:39 pm

Hmmm, these banks are strange. How can one branch say no all of a sudden but the other stamped?

I was not able to get stamps on my bank statements because HSBC said it’s against policy and they have said the same to others who have been in the same position.

I went to two branches in my area and they both said the same that they don’t stamp anymore.
A gentleman that worked there actually told me he had a family member who couldn’t get the stamp cause of the policy and the visa was granted. Apparently Immigration are aware of their policy - how true that is, we shall see.

I’d be suing HSBC if this is a reason for refusal tbh.
UzomaPhilips wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:29 pm
seagul wrote:
UzomaPhilips wrote:
Hello,

Cheers for the advice. Went to another branch 20 mins away and statement was sorted :roll:

I'll push for a bespoke employment although these government agencies are notoriously rigid and slow.

UzomaPhilips
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by UzomaPhilips » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:59 pm

Following on from the question above, this is the first time I'll be using the new online system. I'll be doing a standard application. Just want to know if I'd need to dispatch originals to Sheffield as this is a Renewal not a first application. Will the uploaded scanned copies suffice?

Also, any guidance scanning spec's for the documents to be uploaded? Size limits etc? Colour or black and white?

I'll be paying on Saturday and would like to submit all the documents online immediately

Jaune08
Mexico

Post by Jaune08 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:13 pm

UzomaPhilips wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:59 pm
Will the uploaded scanned copies suffice?
Upload scanned copies is fine. For an online application, it's ok to scan and upload copies as long as they are legible.
UzomaPhilips wrote:
Also, any guidance scanning spec's for the documents to be uploaded? Size limits etc? Colour or black and white?
Maximum size A4. What I have done is to resize and get full quality copies of documents that were bigger than A4. You can also scan smaller documents without an issue. About the colour, from my experience I do recommend to upload them in their original form to avoid any problem (especially if there's a signature in a blue colour, for example).

:)

OlaSim
Mood:

Post by OlaSim » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:18 pm

I read something on .GOV.UK that as of today (I think or maybe tomorrow) you’d have to scan documents. No longer receiving post to Sheffield. Please do double check this yourself.

Also re: stamps on statements, I’m referring to my spouse visa application for my husband. Didn’t know you’re referring to a renewal, sorry.

Moderators might be able to advise better on your question or others who have had and or going through the same experience as yourself.

Best wishes,
UzomaPhilips wrote:
Following on from the question above, this is the first time I'll be using the new online system. I'll be doing a standard application. Just want to know if I'd need to dispatch originals to Sheffield as this is a Renewal not a first application. Will the uploaded scanned copies suffice?

I'll be paying on Saturday and would like to submit all the documents online immediately

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:28 pm

OlaSim wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:18 pm
I read something on .GOV.UK that as of today (I think or maybe tomorrow) you’d have to scan documents. No longer receiving post to Sheffield. Please do double check this yourself.
That procedure has been changed from quite sometime. Few members who mistakenly sent them the documents by post have received them with the advice to scan & send. Also for very few members they still accepted the documents sent by post. Maybe from now onward they might not totally acknowledge them by post.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

UzomaPhilips
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by UzomaPhilips » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:07 pm

Thanks everyone. Would appear I am not alone in little dilemmas.

Another one.
I have got an online copy of my P60 from my employee work portal as issued my employer. It States - "this is a printed copy of of an eP60."

Will this suffice or should I request an original copy from my employer?

Everything is going so online nowadays. Crazy how difficult it is to pool original paper documents together.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:28 pm

UzomaPhilips wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:07 pm

Another one.
I have got an online copy of my P60 from my employee work portal as issued my employer. It States - "this is a printed copy of of an eP60."

Everything is going so online nowadays. Crazy how difficult it is to pool original paper documents together.
Don't attach p60

UzomaPhilips
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by UzomaPhilips » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:58 pm

seagul wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:28 pm
UzomaPhilips wrote:
Don't attach p60
What do you mean? Leave out the p60 entirely and why?

The P60 request is clearly stated as part of the requirement when I downloaded the list of required documents. - A P60 for the relevant period(s) of employment relied upon - for Mr Xxxxx for xxx role.

I've got online electronic p60 for 2018 and 2019. Cheers.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:37 pm

UzomaPhilips wrote:
Don't attach p60

What do you mean? Leave out the p60 entirely and why?

The P60 request is clearly stated as part of the requirement when I downloaded the list of required documents. - A P60 for the relevant period(s) of employment relied upon - for Mr Xxxxx for xxx role.

I've got online electronic p60 for 2018 and 2019. Cheers.
Especially for category A P60 doesn't shows clear picture of last 6 months of wages. That's why 6 months of payslips, employer letter and 6 months of bank statements are sufficient. It may help for category B.

enkay
Newly Registered

Post by enkay » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:15 am

UzomaPhilips wrote:

Another one.

Ours is a first application, and on the list of documents to be provided that was generated in the online application process, the p60 was listed as optional. We included my online p60 but got my payroll department to stamp and sign it.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:04 am

If the bank doesn't want to stamp, you can go to your online banking and request 6 months account statements. Some banks may do it for free, some may charge £2 or £3 per month for that.

The good thing is that you receive statements printed on original bank headed paper. So no stamps are required here.

I am sharing that just in case anyone is in the same situation.

Karmy100

Post by Karmy100 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:11 pm

OlaSim wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:39 pm
Hmmm, these banks are strange. How can one branch say no all of a sudden but the other stamped?

I was not able to get stamps on my bank statements because HSBC said it’s against policy and they have said the same to others who have been in the same position.

I went to two branches in my area and they both said the same that they don’t stamp anymore.
A gentleman that worked there actually told me he had a family member who couldn’t get the stamp cause of the policy and the visa was granted. Apparently Immigration are aware of their policy - how true that is, we shall see.

UzomaPhilips wrote:
seagul wrote:
UzomaPhilips wrote:
Hello,

Hell sir,

I am with HSBC too, they didn't stamp my bank statements and only wrote a letter to confirm when I opened my account, how long I had it and the average money in my account.

They told me this is sufficient, however I phone hsbc explained to them etc and said I need bank statement with the address and hsbc header on the statement. They then sent to me through the post and my lawyer said it was fine.

So I submitted my docs along with the letter.

I'm still waiting for the decision. Therefore to the answer to your question, I suggest you phone hsbc customer service and request bank statement with hsbc header etc to be sent to you.

Hope I made sense, I typed it in a rush.

kind regards
karmy

OlaSim
Mood:

Post by OlaSim » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:13 pm

Hi Karmy,

I’m a woman.

Thank you for your advise but the application was already submitted in May.
HSBC Bank statements do have headers on it - the same statements they’d print is the same I printed out from my online banking account. (I no longer receive paper copies of my statements).
The statement has address on it and every other thing.

Just awaiting decision now.

Kind regards
Karmy100 wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:11 pm
OlaSim wrote:

UzomaPhilips wrote:
seagul wrote:

Hell sir,

I am with HSBC too, they didn't stamp my bank statements and only wrote a letter to confirm when I opened my account, how long I had it and the average money in my account.

They told me this is sufficient, however I phone hsbc explained to them etc and said I need bank statement with the address and hsbc header on the statement. They then sent to me through the post and my lawyer said it was fine.

I'm still waiting for the decision. Therefore to the answer to your question, I suggest you phone hsbc customer service and request bank statement with hsbc header etc to be sent to you.

kind regards
karmy

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:37 pm

All banks have authority to print the bank statements in branch and there is no policy which forbid them in doing so as long as all security checks have been passed. If one branch is not cooperative then visit other or visit same at different day/time.

Karmy100

Post by Karmy100 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:48 pm

OlaSim wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:13 pm
Hi Karmy,

I’m a woman.

HSBC Bank statements do have headers on it - the same statements they’d print is the same I printed out from my online banking account. (I no longer receive paper copies of my statements).

Kind regards
Karmy100 wrote:
OlaSim wrote:

UzomaPhilips wrote:

Hell sir,

kind regards
karmy
Hi,

sorry about that, I couldn't tell by the username :(.

I printed it from online banking but it didn't have a header etc so my lawyer told me to get the original etc from hsbc.

how long has it been since you applied?

OlaSim
Mood:

Post by OlaSim » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:02 pm

That’s ok.

Online submission: 10 May
Biometrics done: 16 May

I feel it’s anytime now.

60 working days would be up by the 9th of August (to include bank holiday)
Exclude bank holiday, it would be 8th of August.
The wait is nerve wrecking.
Karmy100 wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:48 pm
OlaSim wrote:
Hi Karmy,

I’m a woman.

Kind regards
Karmy100 wrote:
OlaSim wrote:

Hell sir,

kind regards
karmy
Hi,

I printed it from online banking but it didn't have a header etc so my lawyer told me to get the original etc from hsbc.

Karmy100

Post by Karmy100 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:34 pm

OlaSim wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:02 pm
That’s ok.

I feel it’s anytime now.

Karmy100 wrote:
OlaSim wrote:
Hi Karmy,

I’m a woman.

Kind regards
Karmy100 wrote:

Hell sir,

kind regards
karmy
Hi,

Hi
my wife had her biometric on 15th may, it say's decision has been made etc. So just awaiting to collect passport to find out :( . It's very stressful!

Have you got your docs back? I got mine back through the post yesterday and same day I called HO and they said decision has been made etc..

I'm positive you will receive a decision by the end of this week or next week latest :)

OlaSim
Mood:

Post by OlaSim » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:47 pm

That’s a day before my husband’s.
So hopefully we’d hear back from them too soon.

By God’s grace it would be good news for you and I.

No, I still have not received the documents back yet (I made copies of documents I wanted the originals back for aside marriage certificate ofcourse).

Also it’s hard to refrain from contacting them but I’m going to wait as their 60days is not yet up.

All the best for you and your wife.
Karmy100 wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:34 pm
OlaSim wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:02 pm
That’s ok.

I feel it’s anytime now.

Karmy100 wrote:
OlaSim wrote:
Hi Karmy,

I’m a woman.

Kind regards

Hi,

Hi
my wife had her biometric on 15th may, it say's decision has been made etc. So just awaiting to collect passport to find out :( . It's very stressful!

Have you got your docs back? I got mine back through the post yesterday and same day I called HO and they said decision has been made etc..

I'm positive you will receive a decision by the end of this week or next week latest :)

UzomaPhilips
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Document Upload

Post by UzomaPhilips » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:59 pm

Just a quick question,
1. I have scanned all the relevant documents, Do I just attach them to the "other" upload group?

Where specifically told to upload passports, consent forms, I have done that. Just worried about bank statements, accommodation documents, marriage certificate etc.

2. My email for appointment says to attend with all original documents. Is this normal?