ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependent extension and ILR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

puneeth
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 Dependent extension and ILR

Post by puneeth » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:09 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am currently on Tier 2 General Visa for 5 years and will be applying for the ILR at the end of this month (January 2019). My wife is on my Tier 2 dependent visa from Feb 2017 valid until Feb 2020.

I have few questions related to my wife's Visa after I convert my visa to ILR.
1) Since my wife need another extension to apply for her ILR, does she need to extend on Tier 2 dependent or on ILR dependent or any other Category? Should we apply for her visa immediately after I got my ILR or in Feb 2020 when her Visa is going to expire?

2) If she can extend her Visa in 2020 will there be any issues travelling to India in between on Tier 2 dependent visa?

3) If she converts her visa from Tier 2 Dependent to ILR dependent will the 5 year clock to apply for ILR resets?

Thanks in Advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 Dependent extension and ILR

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:32 pm

1. Tier 2 dependent visa if you don't want to reset her residence clock to zero. You only need to apply for an extension shortly before the expiry of the visa.

2. No, she is free to travel as long as her visa is valid.

3. Yes, the 5 years will start again from scratch and she will need 2 x 2.5 year visas on FLR M. Note also that IHS fee s doubled on 8th to £400 per year.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

prasad394
India

Post by prasad394 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:18 am

puneeth wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:09 pm
Hi Everyone,

I am currently on Tier 2 General Visa for 5 years and will be applying for the ILR at the end of this month (January 2019). My wife is on my Tier 2 dependent visa from Feb 2017 valid until Feb 2020.

I have few questions related to my wife's Visa after I convert my visa to ILR.
1) Since my wife need another extension to apply for her ILR, does she need to extend on Tier 2 dependent or on ILR dependent or any other Category? Should we apply for her visa immediately after I got my ILR or in Feb 2020 when her Visa is going to expire?

2) If she can extend her Visa in 2020 will there be any issues travelling to India in between on Tier 2 dependent visa?

3) If she converts her visa from Tier 2 Dependent to ILR dependent will the 5 year clock to apply for ILR resets?

Thanks in Advance.
Hi Puneet,

I am in a similar situation as yours. Have you applied for your ILR and planning to apply for your spouse’s extension at a later point ? Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Prasad

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:24 am

prasad394 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:18 am
Hi Puneet,

I am in a similar situation as yours. Have you applied for your ILR and planning to apply for your spouse’s extension at a later point ? Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Prasad
Probably best to start your town topic with your questions instead of digging up and tagging onto older ones!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.