ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appointment day

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

SA Girl
Newly Registered
Mood:
South Africa

Unmarried partner of T4 student

Post by SA Girl » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:24 am

Good Day All !

I've recently applied for a T4 dependent visa under my fiance ( Ukrainian ), and have been rejected dut to not enough proof of our relationship or proof that it has lasted at least 2 years. We met in dubai and began our relationship so obviously in dubai it is illegal for unmarried couples to live together however we have been living at the same company accommodation as we have been working together at 2 different companies in dubai . We have countless pictures together and proof that I visited his home country during 2018 and 2019 , I have invitation letters to enter Ukraine from him and from his mother . I have pictures with his parents and friends and we have pictures with my sisters. We have chats and Skype logs and calls but apparently it didnt suffice . Everyone says there is no way but to get married and to apply again . What are the pros and cons of this / I mean we are already engaged and we will be married in the near future anyway / also would this look bad as I have already applied and been rejected and we would get married and apply again, would this reflect negatively. Kindly share opinions. Thanks !

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Unmarried partner of T4 student

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:16 am

Unfortunately, you need evidence of 2 years cohabitation, with joint financial commitments and living in a 'relationship akin to marriage'. UKVI follow this rule strictly for all unmarried partners in all visa categories.

For all intents and purposes, you are likely only considered 'boyfriend/girlfriend' by HO as you have no evidence of the above.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

SA Girl
Newly Registered
Mood:
South Africa

Post by SA Girl » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:19 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:16 am
Unfortunately, you need evidence of 2 years cohabitation, with joint financial commitments and living in a 'relationship akin to marriage'. UKVI follow this rule strictly for all unmarried partners in all visa categories.

For all intents and purposes, you are likely only considered 'boyfriend/girlfriend' by HO as you have no evidence of the above.
thank you for responding, so does that mean we need to have a marriage certificate? would it reflect negatively on my new application considering I was rejected the first time and will apply again once marrying?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:25 pm

Depends where you will marry, abroad or in the UK.

Presumably you applied from abroad??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

SA Girl
Newly Registered
Mood:
South Africa

Post by SA Girl » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:29 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:25 pm
Depends where you will marry, abroad or in the UK.

Presumably you applied from abroad??
correct I have applied from dubai, however we will most probably marry in Ukraine.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:46 pm

Being married removes the mandatory cohabitation evidence. The evidence you ie photos and Comms will then be sufficient.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

SA Girl
Newly Registered
Mood:
South Africa

Post by SA Girl » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:50 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:46 pm
Being married removes the mandatory cohabitation evidence. The evidence you ie photos and Comms will then be sufficient.
do the call logs and chat screenshots necessarily need to be over a period of two years or is it sufficient to prove that we communicate daily, often multiple times a day. I am asking because I have changed phones twice already and all old logs are not accessible anymore.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:52 pm

As much as you can to show you are in Comms.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

SA Girl
Newly Registered
Mood:
South Africa

tier 4 student dependant proof of accomodation

Post by SA Girl » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:29 am

Greetings all!

I will be applying for Tier 4 student dependant visa to join my husband in the UK, for the application is it necessary that we provide proof of an agreement from a landlord that we will be living together ? we currently haven't found an apartment because he is not in the UK at the moment but I need to apply by September.

also, what are they looking for to show them that we have ties in another country and that we will definitely be leaving the UK after his studies? we have a house in Ukraine under his name and his family owns a business which we are most likely to run as well. how can we show this in form of official evidence?

thanks in advance.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: tier 4 student dependant proof of accomodation

Post by sah10406 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:21 am

SA Girl wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:29 am
for the application is it necessary that we provide proof of an agreement from a landlord that we will be living together ?
No, this is not required.
SA Girl wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:29 am
also, what are they looking for to show them that we have ties in another country and that we will definitely be leaving the UK after his studies?
This is not required either.

Where are you reading that these things are required for a Tier 4 dependant visa application?
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

SA Girl
Newly Registered
Mood:
South Africa

Post by SA Girl » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:48 am

[/quote]

Where are you reading that these things are required for a Tier 4 dependant visa application?
[/quote]

I have previously applied for this visa and in the rejection letter it mentioned that there is no proof that we will be living together once in the UK and that there is no proof that we will not be leaving the UK pnce his studies are completed .

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:43 am

SA Girl wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:48 am
I have previously applied for this visa and in the rejection letter it mentioned that there is no proof that we will be living together once in the UK and that there is no proof that we will not be leaving the UK pnce his studies are completed .
The problem appears to be that the ECO was not fully satisfied that you meet the requirements of paragraph 319C(d) of Part 8 of the Immigration Rules that the marriage is genuine and subsisting:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ly-members

The doubt may well be because you have been living separately for some time. The knock-on effect of the doubt is that they suspect you are coming to the UK for your own reasons not to be with your spouse, and hence you might not leave;

(e) The applicant and the Relevant Points Based System Migrant or Appendix W Worker must intend to live with the other as their spouse or civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner throughout the applicants stay in the UK.

(f) The applicant must not intend to stay in the UK beyond any period of leave granted to the Relevant Points Based System Migrant or Appendix W Worker.

There is no specific evidence required of these things, but if you feel it would help your application, the best evidence would show that you are a genuine couple who, but for his studies in the UK, are living together with a genuine and subsisting relationship.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

SA Girl
Newly Registered
Mood:
South Africa

Appointment day

Post by SA Girl » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:25 am

Good Morning

Tomorrow is my appointment at the VFS Global in Dubai UAE. I have submitted all documents online. Do I still need to carry them with me tomorrow?

Is it required to take my completed and signed application form as well ?

Thanks