ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Forgot informing/updating "Police Registration Certificate" of my new home address

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mpitillo
Brazil

Forgot informing/updating "Police Registration Certificate" of my new home address

Post by mpitillo » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:38 pm

Hello there,

I will have to provide my "Police Registration Certificate", when sending my application for ILR - Set (O) Tier 2 General Migrant. When going through my old documents to find this certificate, I've realized that I should have informed the Police 3 years ago of my latest home address change. I was completely unaware of it, but of course this is my fault. My plan is to go to the Police this coming week and explain everything and see if I can get it added into my Certificate.

What I was wondering is if any of you have gone through a similar situation, and did it affect your ILR application at all?

I was thinking on including an attachment letter to my application (in addition to the "hopefully" updated Certificate), explaining my situation and apologizing for it. Do you know of any good template for a letter, such as this one? I want to make sure that I can cover all expectations.

I've heard that sometimes in this situation, the Police can "stamp" something into this Certificate, as a "warning" so that doesn't happen again. This makes me wonder if this stamp indeed happens to me, would I need to change my form under "Convictions and other penalties" and select the option "A caution, warning, reprimand or other penalty" for the delay I had informing the change of address to the police? I am really worried that this innocent mistake will affect my application.

Thank you for your time!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Forgot informing/updating "Police Registration Certificate" of my new home address

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:38 pm

Can you please continue in your existing topic. It is not necessary to start a new topic with each question.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.