ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confussion about wife dependent visa

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

empire
Newly Registered

Confussion about wife dependent visa

Post by empire » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:41 pm

Dear Gurus and member i have a question about dependent visa if anyone can assist me in this regard.
My Wife got dependent visa a month ago and she is with me now here in UK.My 10 years long residency period has been completed as well in September.My question is :

1.is it necessary to change my wife visa if i go for ilr or she can continue on dependent visa?
thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Confussion about wife dependent visa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:52 pm

She needs to change to FLR(M) spouse visa and meet the English and financial requirements. She should do this before she travels out of the UK.

Visa fee is £1033 plus £1000 IHS.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

empire
Newly Registered

Post by empire » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:28 pm

Thanks for your reply CR001 .
It’s mean she can stay on current entrepreneur dependent visa until we manage to fulfil
the English and financial requirement?
Actually some lawyer told me that once you go for 10 years long residency Ilr then Ukvi will immediately ask your wife to change visa category to ilr dependent within 2 weeks.
Is it correct or it’s optional cause she got visa till October 2021.
Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:05 pm

It is not immediate but you are expected to switch asap. She should not travel with that visa as she could be refused entry
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice