ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET LR - Applied online 3 weeks too early

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: SET LR - Applied online 3 weeks too early

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:54 pm

Technically you have applied before you qualify as the date of application is the date when you pay and submit. You should have only submitted when you were in the qualifying period. However, Aman has a valid point. Plus I have seen some cases before and read other moderators comments in other posts who have a similar view as Aman mentioned. I have seen those applicants being successful even though they applied earlier but their cases were considered on a date when they did qualify.

If I was you, I would add a cover letter and mention that you made an honest mistake to apply earlier. However, you can state that you have booked your appointment in the qualifying period and that is the date when the application will be considered. You can also state the relevant guidance quotations for CW reference. I think and hope you will be okay.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:59 pm

Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:31 am

You’ve been well advised by Tier11417.. I don’t have anything to add as such.
I believe you’ll be fine but in the worst case scenario.. you can appeal citing the guidance or reapply if you have extant leave..

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:32 am

580 days??? you better make sure its 540 days..

dan883

Post by dan883 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:34 am

Kaddet wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:33 pm
tier11417 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:09 pm
Kaddet wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:53 pm
tier11417 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:15 pm
You can print out the relevant page, edit it manually, add a cover letter for the missed entries and upload before your appointment. You will be okay.
Thank you for the response!!

Unfortunately I don’t think the page can be manually edited. It’s all done online and has feed into their system. The document checklist even ask not to bother to bring the application form.

I think the only possible luck I have is I made 39 travels but the limit of travel entries is 30. So I have to print a spreadsheet with the whole list anyways.

What I would like to know is should I point out the missed entries in the application (they will filled in chronological order) or I should just supply the complete travel history spreadsheet with a cover letter advising that I could not complete all on the application form because of the limit.

Sorry if I’m being pedantic but I have no one to ask these things so appreciate all your helps!

Thanks
I know how the online form works. Once you submit, you get a PDF file which you can download and print. If you want to edit anything you can manually edit it or add into the paper manually by hand so its visible and add a cover letter mentioning the missed trips. Thats the only way you can do it. Many members have manually edited errors on online forms after submission and before appointment and have been successful.

If I was you i would do two things:
1) I would print the relevant page and add manually two missed entries. Add a cover letter and upload both.
2) Also, add a spreadsheet mentioning all 39 entries.

You are overthinking. You will be fine.
Thank you!!! I will do exactly just that!

The two missed entries are consecutive, so should fit nearly in the form.

I will attach the page, cover letter and spread sheet and upload to the ‘Travel History’ section of the site.

One last question please. Do you have any view on my original query (early application but will submit during qualifying period).

Many thanks!
Any updates on this?

Kaddet
Newly Registered

Post by Kaddet » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:06 am

dan883 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:34 am
Kaddet wrote:
tier11417 wrote:
Kaddet wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:53 pm

Thank you for the response!!

Unfortunately I don’t think the page can be manually edited. It’s all done online and has feed into their system. The document checklist even ask not to bother to bring the application form.

I think the only possible luck I have is I made 39 travels but the limit of travel entries is 30. So I have to print a spreadsheet with the whole list anyways.

What I would like to know is should I point out the missed entries in the application (they will filled in chronological order) or I should just supply the complete travel history spreadsheet with a cover letter advising that I could not complete all on the application form because of the limit.

Sorry if I’m being pedantic but I have no one to ask these things so appreciate all your helps!

Thanks
I know how the online form works. Once you submit, you get a PDF file which you can download and print. If you want to edit anything you can manually edit it or add into the paper manually by hand so its visible and add a cover letter mentioning the missed trips. Thats the only way you can do it. Many members have manually edited errors on online forms after submission and before appointment and have been successful.

1) I would print the relevant page and add manually two missed entries. Add a cover letter and upload both.

I will attach the page, cover letter and spread sheet and upload to the ‘Travel History’ section of the site.

One last question please. Do you have any view on my original query (early application but will submit during qualifying period).

Many thanks!
Any updates on this?
Yes actually - I applied on 13 August and got my ILR less than 24 hours after applying. This has been the same for almost everyone I know (I moved here for a degree so have several friends who are also applying for ILR like me). I didn’t submit any letter or clarification.

When you submit your biometric, Sepora clearly ask ‘are you ready for your application to now be submitted.

So all in all, you and CR001 were wrong.

Thanks to the kind gents who helped! God bless.

dan883

Post by dan883 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:23 am

Kaddet wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:06 am
dan883 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:34 am
Kaddet wrote:
tier11417 wrote:

Many thanks!
Any updates on this?
Yes actually - I applied on 13 August and got my ILR less than 24 hours after applying. This has been the same for almost everyone I know (I moved here for a degree so have several friends who are also applying for ILR like me). I didn’t submit any letter or clarification.

When you submit your biometric, Sepora clearly ask ‘are you ready for your application to now be submitted.

So all in all, you and CR001 were wrong.

Thanks to the kind gents who helped! God bless.
Congratulations.