ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Return documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Grg
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nepal

Return documents

Post by Grg » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:09 am

Hello everyone,
My wife have had applied for British Naturalisation at the month of July. With her application I send my Passport as supporting documents for her application. But now I require my passport urgently and I tried using Return documents form from Gov.uk. The 10 days timeline has passed and yet I have not received my passport back. Is anyone with the same problem. Than please share your experience and any better option to get my passport back immediatley. Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Return documents

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:14 am

Why did you send original documents??

Did she apply on the paper form (which is not for applications within the UK)?

She should have applied online and uploaded all the supporting evidence and attended a UKCVAS appointment for biometrics and document checks. No originals are sent to HO anymore. The whole process changed to online in November last year.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sand6

Post by Sand6 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:36 pm

Grg wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:09 am
Hello everyone,
My wife have had applied for British Naturalisation at the month of July. With her application I send my Passport as supporting documents for her application. But now I require my passport urgently and I tried using Return documents form from Gov.uk. The 10 days timeline has passed and yet I have not received my passport back. Is anyone with the same problem. Than please share your experience and any better option to get my passport back immediatley. Thank you
You can email to home office at nationalitysupportteamfmt@homeoffice.gov.uk
And provide the all the details like home office REFRENCE number address etc and can ask for it, as I also applied through the paper form and asked for my originals to be send back I received it after 12 days and when I sent the email after 10 days on this address they replied within an hour that my documents were posted one day before. And when sending email don’t mention the date application sent just REFRENCE number, DOB , address and phone number and email address used in the form for communication. And you can still use the paper form but home office is encouraging the use of online form rather then paper form.

Grg
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nepal

Post by Grg » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:00 pm

Thank you for your information Sand6.