ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Visa Health Surcharge Payment

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tbdesmond
Newly Registered
Guyana

Tier 4 Visa Health Surcharge Payment

Post by tbdesmond » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:48 pm

Hi! when i completed my tier 4 visa application, my health surcharge amounted to 0. I didnt think much of it, but now while waiting on the decision i received an email prompting to make the payment for the ihs. However, the link the they provided is not allowing me to do so. When i register and indicate that I am applying from outside the UK, im not taken to the next page but is instructed to pay through my online application. When I return to my application, I can make no edits and therefore have no access to section that directs you to pay for the surcharge.

I am desperately trying to pay before the due date. I need help!

segebaba
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Re: Tier 4 Visa Health Surcharge Payment

Post by segebaba » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:01 pm

If you need to pay IHS but the payment calculation is showing as 0, it might be that you have answered one of the questions incorrectly (for example, if you answer yes to 'are you under local authority care?' or yes to 'are you studying in the Isle of Man?'). Don't worry though, as this will not cause a refusal.

if this happens, please go ahead and pay for your Tier 4 online application as normal. Attend your visa appointment and submit your documents as normal. When your visa application is processed after the appointment, the UKVI caseworker will check if the correct payment is made and if not, you will receive an email from the UKVI with a link for top-up payment (they will usually give you 7 days to pay but obviously the earlier you pay, the earlier your application will be considered). This will mean a slight delay on your visa application processing time but hopefully only by a few days. Please make sure that you keep checking your email and its junk/spam folder as failure to pay the IHS within its due date will result in a visa rejection.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:31 am

segebaba wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:01 pm
If you need to pay IHS but the payment calculation is showing as 0, it might be that you have answered one of the questions incorrectly (for example, if you answer yes to 'are you under local authority care?' or yes to 'are you studying in the Isle of Man?'). Don't worry though, as this will not cause a refusal.

if this happens, please go ahead and pay for your Tier 4 online application as normal. Attend your visa appointment and submit your documents as normal. When your visa application is processed after the appointment, the UKVI caseworker will check if the correct payment is made and if not, you will receive an email from the UKVI with a link for top-up payment (they will usually give you 7 days to pay but obviously the earlier you pay, the earlier your application will be considered). This will mean a slight delay on your visa application processing time but hopefully only by a few days. Please make sure that you keep checking your email and its junk/spam folder as failure to pay the IHS within its due date will result in a visa rejection.
Have you actually read what the user wrote in the post??? He has already applied, he received an email with the link, the link isn't working!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:23 am

Ask the international student adviser at your university for advice about this. They have a hotline to the Home Office.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Lhepk
Newly Registered

Post by Lhepk » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:42 am

tbdesmond wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:48 pm
Hi! when i completed my tier 4 visa application, my health surcharge amounted to 0. I didnt think much of it, but now while waiting on the decision i received an email prompting to make the payment for the ihs. However, the link the they provided is not allowing me to do so. When i register and indicate that I am applying from outside the UK, im not taken to the next page but is instructed to pay through my online application. When I return to my application, I can make no edits and therefore have no access to section that directs you to pay for the surcharge.

I am desperately trying to pay before the due date. I need help!
You cannot make changes to application now. Just find link on UK gov website for IHS pay. Pay the fee & send reference to UKVI.