ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsor outside uk

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Nfss
Newly Registered

Sponsor outside uk

Post by Nfss » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:03 am

Hi,
My husband and i are considering relocating to the uk. He’s british as is our daughter. I need to apply for the spouse visa. We hope to travel to the uk together. We’ve been living abroad ever since our marriage three years ago.
I’ve gone through gov.uk and sorted out the things we need such as the proof of marriage, financial status, english speaking requirement etc. He has a job offer as well. And we can sort out accomadation if needed. Is there anything else we need to prepare before applying? Should he have any money in his uk account?
Thanks in advance

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Sponsor outside uk

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:10 pm

Will he be starting the job within 3-months of arriving in UK?
Depending on the country you are applying from TB certificate may be required.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:49 pm

Nfss wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:03 am
Should he have any money in his uk account?
Not necessary.
Nfss wrote:
And we can sort out accomadation if needed. Is there anything else we need to prepare before applying?
You will be required to provide evidence that you will have adequate accommodation in the UK. You will also need to provide evidence of a genuine and subsisting relationship (e.g. proof of cohabitation, photos together, evidence of trips together, text messages, etc.).

Also, your husband's current employment and job offer in the UK mushrooms both meet the financial requirement of £18,600 per year (assuming you will be relying on salaried employment rather than another category like cash savings).
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

Nfss
Newly Registered

Post by Nfss » Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:56 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:10 pm
Yes he will be starting within 3 months.
Regarding the TB cert, i’ll be applying from Sri Lanka so it is necessary.
Does the visa centre provide me a medical clinic to get it after i apply online
or do i have to get the cert before i apply?

Nfss
Newly Registered

Post by Nfss » Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:01 pm

geoeng wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:49 pm
Nfss wrote:
Should he have any money in his uk account?
Not necessary.
Nfss wrote:
And we can sort out accomadation if needed. Is there anything else we need to prepare before applying?
You will be required to provide evidence that you will have adequate accommodation in the UK. You will also need to provide evidence of a genuine and subsisting relationship (e.g. proof of cohabitation, photos together, evidence of trips together, text messages, etc.).

Also, your husband's current employment and job offer in the UK mushrooms both meet the financial requirement of £18,600 per year (assuming you will be relying on salaried employment rather than another category like cash savings).
Regarding the accommodation, i have a relative living in the uk. They live in a 2 double bedroom flat. They have two children, a 6 month old and a 4 year old. Would it be considered overcrowding if we were to temporarily stay there until we find a place of out own? We have a 2 year old.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:26 pm

Nfss wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:01 pm

Regarding the accommodation, i have a relative living in the uk. They live in a 2 double bedroom flat. They have two children, a 6 month old and a 4 year old. Would it be considered overcrowding if we were to temporarily stay there until we find a place of out own? We have a 2 year old.
It may hardly meet the requirement because 2 bedroom flat must have a living room too with 50 square feet of size apart of 2 bedrooms means 3 rooms can be utilized as sleeping rooms. 1 kid is less than 1 year means wont be counted and 2 kids will be counted as half means 1. So assuming your relative is living as couple(if not then its overcrowding) so 3 rooms can accomodate 5 persons. Property inspection can make things easier in that situation.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:00 pm

Nfss wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:56 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
You will need to get the TB certificate before applying as it is one of the documents to be submitted as evidence.
For Sri Lanka, below is the address

IOM Sri Lanka
No 42/1
Horton Place
Colombo 7
Tel: 011 203 1700

uktbappointmentssl@iom.int

Working hours: From 8:30am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday (except on IOM official holidays)

Nfss
Newly Registered

Post by Nfss » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:13 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:00 pm
Nfss wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:56 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
You will need to get the TB certificate before applying as it is one of the documents to be submitted as evidence.
For Sri Lanka, below is the address

IOM Sri Lanka
No 42/1
Horton Place
Colombo 7
Tel: 011 203 1700

uktbappointmentssl@iom.int

Working hours: From 8:30am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday (except on IOM official holidays)
Thanks so much! I called them. I had no idea there was a separate centre😳

Nfss
Newly Registered

Post by Nfss » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:13 am

seagul wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:26 pm
Nfss wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:01 pm

It may hardly meet the requirement because 2 bedroom flat must have a living room too with 50 square feet of size apart of 2 bedrooms means 3 rooms can be utilized as sleeping rooms. 1 kid is less than 1 year means wont be counted and 2 kids will be counted as half means 1. So assuming your relative is living as couple(if not then its overcrowding) so 3 rooms can accomodate 5 persons. Property inspection can make things easier in that situation.
Thanks. I’ll look into that.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:17 am

Nfss wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:52 am
Hi, I just wanted to check on financial eligibility for the spouse visa. Is it possible to use the joint income earned by both the applicant and sponsor to meet the 18600 limit?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:17 am

If you are both in the UK with the right to work, yes.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Nfss
Newly Registered

Post by Nfss » Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:02 am

We are both outside the UK. We want to move there together. Is the joint income way possible then?

iwolga

Post by iwolga » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:13 am

No, not for the first application/when non-Brit is living outside of UK.

The only way to qualify - sort of - jointly is savings route: you need to have gbp 62500 on your accounts jointly (or on the account of one of partners). For any other financial requirement route, only your partner’s income will be taken into consideration, as you will lose yours with your move and will be without work for some time.

Nfss
Newly Registered

Post by Nfss » Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:18 pm

Thank you.