ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wrong end date on Tier 2 General BRP, should I go through admin review?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

LC_Tier2General
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Wrong end date on Tier 2 General BRP, should I go through admin review?

Post by LC_Tier2General » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:42 am

Hi All, I hope somebody could advise me on what I need to do under the following circumstance

- I applied to extend my Tier 2 General visa (under 3 years). I paid for <3 years fee and 3 year health surcharge

- The end date on my Certificate of Sponsorship is Oct 2022. This is the date I advised my employer, with whom I have a permanent contract, to put on the CoS for me, since I have been on Tier 2 visa since Jul 2017 and by the time I will have been on Tier 2 visa for 5 years - in 2022 - I am going to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain.

- The end date on my BRP is Oct 2023. If I use it until this point - 2023 - I will have been on Tier 2 for more than 6 years which is against the law, but I'm not planning too, because I'll apply for ILR in 2022

Under this circumstance, please could you advise whether I can use the BRP card with the end date of 23 Oct 2023 or I will have to apply for a new card with an end date in Oct 2022? I wrote an email to admin review at home office and received an automated email advising me to go through the 28 day process and pay a fee. I called their helpline and received mixed responses: one told me to just leave it, another told me to go through admin review. Therefore I'd like to hear from you as well.

I have a 14 day window from 15/10/19 to make a decision, so plenty of time.

Thanks so much for reading and I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

SKJ1984
India

Re: Wrong end date on Tier 2 General BRP, should I go through admin review?

Post by SKJ1984 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:39 pm

Going through the forum I could see cases where people have got less date in BRP than expected (1/2 years instead of 3 years).

Your looks like a peculiar case where you have been granted more.

In all other cases where there is a dispute over the data, the individuals have contacted HO.

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/brp- ... 87778.html
uk-tier-1-general-dependent-visas/error ... 75-20.html

I would not pay for HomeOffice mistake.

LC_Tier2General
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Re: Wrong end date on Tier 2 General BRP, should I go through admin review?

Post by LC_Tier2General » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:12 am

Hi, thank you very much for your response. The fee will be refunded if admin review is successful. My employer has said they will check with Home Office for me to see if the end date was deliberate or a mistake. I’ll update when I hear from them.