ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Taking photos rather than using a scanner for documents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

MisterJay
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Taking photos rather than using a scanner for documents

Post by MisterJay » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:51 pm

Hello,

For spouse visa we have to scan supporting documents and upload them. Has anyone been successful in taking photos of documents and uploading them rather than using a scanner?
Many thanks.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Taking photos rather than using a scanner for documents

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:49 pm

MisterJay wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:51 pm
Hello,

For spouse visa we have to scan supporting documents and upload them. Has anyone been successful in taking photos of documents and uploading them rather than using a scanner?
Many thanks.
Although have no practical experience but these maybe fine because jpg/jpeg is an acceptable format to UKVCAS but you will have to do extra work by cropping them. Also taking pictures from mobile phone consume more space than the allowed limit of 6MB. If you have no scanner at home/office then simply go to your local library which offers free scanning.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:49 am

MisterJay wrote:
Hello,

Many thanks.
There are also several scanning apps available for mobile phones, which may or may not be useful; if nothing else they may help with file size constraints. Can't speak to how secure they might be with personal information though.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:29 pm

Regardless of how good is your camera's auto focus but it will still show other unnecessary edges/objects which might not be fixed with cropping and the document may not be considered.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

enkay
Newly Registered

Post by enkay » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:38 am

MisterJay wrote:
Hello,

Many thanks.
Yes, my husband took photos of his passport pages and other documents, and sent those to me. I did have to crop and compress some of the images to reduce the file size, and I also converted them to pdf before uploading. Just make sure that the pictures are clear and everything is legible.