ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application of Bristish PP after ceremony

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Aleezafatimah
Newly Registered

Application of Bristish PP after ceremony

Post by Aleezafatimah » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:44 am

I applied for my child (4 months old) first British Passport born in UK from London. I hold ILR for over 5 years and sent my original passport and BRP, Marriage Certificate, Original Child Birth Certificate and Child's mother Passport and BRP (Spouse Visa).

Paper Application sent through Royal Mail check and send service: 09th October 2019
Text message Received: 11th October 2019 (Unless we contact you for more information, your passport should be with you by 02/11/2019).

I did not receive any thing since then. I am not sure how to track and which passport center is dealing with it? Those who applied paper passport application, could you please guide me how to track and how long it takes? I noticed that online applications are being dealt quickly and each stage can be viewed.

I am now started to little worry about why its taking time for infant passport? Any suggestion help?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Application of Bristish PP after ceremony

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:53 pm

Aleezafatimah wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:44 am
I applied for my child (4 months old) first British Passport born in UK from London. I hold ILR for over 5 years and sent my original passport and BRP, Marriage Certificate, Original Child Birth Certificate and Child's mother Passport and BRP (Spouse Visa).

Paper Application sent through Royal Mail check and send service: 09th October 2019
Text message Received: 11th October 2019 (Unless we contact you for more information, your passport should be with you by 02/11/2019).

I did not receive any thing since then. I am not sure how to track and which passport center is dealing with it? Those who applied paper passport application, could you please guide me how to track and how long it takes? I noticed that online applications are being dealt quickly and each stage can be viewed.

I am now started to little worry about why its taking time for infant passport? Any suggestion help?
https://www.gov.uk/track-passport-application

or call HMPO helpline: 0300 222 0000

You can only track after 3 weeks.

Hopefully it will come in the next few days.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Aleezafatimah
Newly Registered

Post by Aleezafatimah » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:34 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:53 pm
Aleezafatimah wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:44 am

https://www.gov.uk/track-passport-application

or call HMPO helpline: 0300 222 0000

You can only track after 3 weeks.

Hopefully it will come in the next few days.
Thank you for your reply. I tracked it by filling online form and received following answer:

"Thank you for your email about your passport application. I can confirm that we received your
application at our Peterborough office on 11 October 2019 and it is currently still being looked at.
We do not need anything further at this stage, but, if the Passport Officer needs additional information,
they will contact you".

This reply is not helpful because it does not tell the reason of delay. How long it take usually to get first time passport application for infant. Any idea? Other people who applied online for adult or naturalization are getting quite quickly within 2 weeks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:13 pm

It can take up to 6 weeks.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.