ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surrendar Singh application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

engineerfaisee
Newly Registered

Post by engineerfaisee » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:13 am

Hi,

I am looking for a link to download new application form to apply based on Surrendar Singh route. In September, there is another decision on Surrendar singh application, in which center of life part has been removed. So , I need further information and new application form .

Regards

Fay

engineerfaisee
Newly Registered

Post by engineerfaisee » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:56 am

Hi,

In the recent case of ZA (Reg 9. EEA Regs; abuse of rights) Afghanistan [2019] UKUT 281 (IAC),
the Upper Tribunal found that there is no basis in EU law for the centre of life test, as set out in Regulation 9(3)(a) of the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2016 (the “Regulations”). It further found that it is not to be applied when Judges assess Surinder Singh cases that appear before them.
Based on above decision,I am looking for a link to download new application form to apply based on Surrendar Singh route, In which center of life part has been removed. So , I need further information and new application form .

Regards

Fay

birkeneve
Canada

Re: Surrendar Singh application

Post by birkeneve » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:51 am

Hi,

I think you need to call the resolution centre and give them details specific to you and they will mail you the application catered to your needs.

jestew
Mood:
United States of America

Post by jestew » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:46 am

engineerfaisee wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:13 am
I am looking for a link to download new application form to apply based on Surrendar Singh route. In September, there is another decision on Surrendar singh application, in which center of life part has been removed. So , I need further information and new application form .
I'm guessing you want an application for EEA Family Member? Or is it for a different one?
09/05/14 EEA FP granted
26/08/14 EEA RP granted
23/08/19 SS Application submitted
24/09/19 Biometrics submitted
06/11/19: CoA
21/11/19: Email that Settled Status granted
22/11/19: BRC by courier

engineerfaisee
Newly Registered

Post by engineerfaisee » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:35 pm

Yes , it is EEA Family member Form, and my category in the form base on Surinder Singh Case, but In the recent case, there is new decision regarding center of life - of ZA (Reg 9. EEA Regs; abuse of rights) Afghanistan [2019] UKUT 281 (IAC),
I am expecting Home office definitely has amended EE Family member form specially Surinder singh category part based on above recent decision regarding center of life.

Any body has latest form or amended form or any sort of information based on above decision of center of life.
if someone has link to download amended form based on above decision, please share

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:46 pm

engineerfaisee wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:35 pm
Any body has latest form or amended form or any sort of information based on above decision of center of life.
if someone has link to download amended form based on above decision, please share
There is no form to 'download'. You have to contact the centre and they send you a paper form, as already advised.
birkeneve wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:51 am
Hi,

I think you need to call the resolution centre and give them details specific to you and they will mail you the application catered to your needs.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

yungbuk

Post by yungbuk » Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:21 pm

engineerfaisee wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:35 pm
Yes , it is EEA Family member Form, and my category in the form base on Surinder Singh Case, but In the recent case, there is new decision regarding center of life - of ZA (Reg 9. EEA Regs; abuse of rights) Afghanistan [2019] UKUT 281 (IAC),
I am expecting Home office definitely has amended EE Family member form specially Surinder singh category part based on above recent decision regarding center of life.

Hi, were you able to get the recent form after the ruling on centre of life (COL) for SS cases. I would highly doubt that they have dispensed with COL completely as other factors questioning the genuineness of residence in an EEA state of a british citizen might be open to challenge considering they have the same weightage as COL. If so, then this essentially implies that SS cases can then be fairly easily approved once main requirements of dependency, minimum stay of 3 months etc are satisfied.