ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application ILR (SETO) form

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bidibudi
Nigeria

Job now on Shortage List

Post by bidibudi » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:09 pm

Hello House and Pros
i have this to ask as i will be applying for ILR next.
Job now moved to shortage list appendix K.
Quantity Surveying SOC Code and description 2433 “ all job in this occupation code”

The Statement of Change in immigration rules printed 9 Sept. 2019
The following sections shall take effect on 6 October 2019. However, if an applicant has made an application for entry clearance or leave to remain using a Certificate of Sponsorship that was assigned to them by their Sponsor before 6 October 2019, the application will be decided in accordance with the Immigration Rules in force on 5 October 2019. • Appendix A – Paragraphs A25, A26, A28, A29, A32 and A34 • Appendix J – Paragraphs J6 and J8 to J12 • Appendix K – Paragraphs K1 to K5

My question now is I renewed my tier2 this year April and won’t be due for ILR until 2021
will I be able to apply for ILR under shortage list rule should it still remain on the shortage list then. ie
• the minimum salary requirement for an application for Indefinite Leave to Remain (‘ILR’) for a Tier 2 worker does not apply if the role was on the shortage occupation list in the preceding six years;
• applicants (and their families) face lower visa application fees if their occupation is on the shortage occupation list.
Thanks you.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Job now on Shortage List

Post by zimba » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:49 pm

You will be able to get ILR without min salary requirement ONLY if the SOC is assigned after 6 Oct 2019
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:19 pm

Zimba wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:49 pm
Yes you will be able to get ILR without min salary requirement
Even if the latest cos the op has was issued before 6 October as a non shortage job??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:07 am

No. I assumed the SOC changes and is reassigned but it seems that the SOC remains the same. If the SOC is assigned before 6 Oct 2019, then the old rules apply
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

bidibudi
Nigeria

Post by bidibudi » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:53 am

Zimba wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:07 am
No. I assumed the SOC changes and is reassigned but it seems that the SOC remains the same. If the SOC is assigned before 6 Oct 2019, then the old rules apply
OK that's fair enough.
Then what happens to the application fee.
as it stands the the job description is already under the shortage list.
will the rule still be applicable when it comes to application fee.am i to pay fees applicable to the shortage list category or again we just have to pay the normal fees.
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
this a times doesn't add up.
Apologies for taken this long to continue my discussion on this thread.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:19 pm

As your SOC was assigned before the rule changes, all the old rules apply. This means you will pay the normal fees as your job sill will be considered NOT under shortage. I never heard about fee deductions for people under shortage list at all

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:22 pm

bidibudi wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:53 am
Zimba wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:07 am
OK that's fair enough.
Then what happens to the application fee.
as it stands the the job description is already under the shortage list.
will the rule still be applicable when it comes to application fee.am i to pay fees applicable to the shortage list category or again we just have to pay the normal fees.
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
this a times doesn't add up.
Apologies for taken this long to continue my discussion on this thread.
Note also that there is NO cheaper fee for ILR regardless of whether you are shortage occupation or not. Every single applicant for ILR pays the same fee.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bidibudi
Nigeria

Salary Threshold

Post by bidibudi » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:35 am

Good morning all,

i really commend your effort here finding time to assist as many of us that needed clarity.

i am struggling with the understanding how the salary threshold works now as i have dug in but still could not find direct answer.

Is the salary threshold still applicable for ILR applicants. as the requirement for the 2020 calendar year which i believe i fall under is 36200 ( April 6th 2019- April 5th 2020)

i intend to apply 28 days to my 5th year anniversary which will be before the 5th of April 2021, so iguess i fall under the 2020 threshold.

Again the appendix j deleted but my SOC code is 2433 and experience rate is 30400.
when applying am i using the threshold of 36200 or the experience rate on SOC code which 30400?

Secondly
i travelled out of the UK in June 2018 for a two week annual Paid holiday
i miss placed my Biometric card in transit and could not return on due date
i applied for a replacement visa to allow me entry to the UK. i spent additional two weeks + days to get a visa in total staying 30 days outside the UK
2 weeks paid
another two weeks unpaid
do i include these days as absent days in the UK in my application?
Thank you so much in anticipation to your advise

bidibudi
Nigeria

Application ILR (SETO) form

Post by bidibudi » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:17 am

Hello Everyone,

please a quick advice in the filling of SET (O) form
I will be applying by end of month for my self and two dependent
My dependent will not be applying with me by the end of the month rather they will apply close to the end date on their Tier2 dependent Visa which is in December.1 step at a time
So do i still need to fill in their details when i am filling the application form online for myself when prompt to Add another applicant?
please a quick advice will be really helpful at this time
Thank you in anticipation to your response.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Application ILR (SETO) form

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:32 am

So do i still need to fill in their details when i am filling the application form online for myself when prompt to Add another applicant?
No. You only add dependents if they are applying with you.
I will be applying by end of month for my self and two dependent
My dependent will not be applying with me by the end of the month
This doesn't make sense. You state applying for yourself with two dependents and then state dependent not applying with you?? What exactly do you mean??
Char (CR001 not Casa)

bidibudi
Nigeria

Post by bidibudi » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:43 am

Sorry if i am muddling thing up here.
i will be applying for myself by end of the month and my dependent later in the year.
do i need to fill in their details when asked to add another applicants or simply just put in my details only.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:53 am

do i need to fill in their details when asked to add another applicants
No, because they are NOT applying at the same time as you.
or simply just put in my details only.
Yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

bidibudi
Nigeria

Post by bidibudi » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:57 am

Thank you very much CR001
Really appreciate this
Regards.