ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

lost the spouse visa decision letter?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

marsupilami
Mood:
Belgium

lost the spouse visa decision letter?

Post by marsupilami » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:53 pm

Hello ,

My wife received her spouse visa, came to the UK. She went to the Post Office with her decision letter to get her BRP enveloppe letter with the card inside. That was 1.5 months ago. The problem is that we can't find the decision letter and I'm starting to wonder if the Post Office officer did not take it when he gave us the BRP enveloppe with the card inside. I'm talking here about the Home Office decision letter sent to VFS before she arrived to the UK, not the letter accompanying the BRP enveloppe given by the Post Office officer.

Anyone could let me know if the Post Officer actually takes the Home Office decision letter as exchange of giving the BRP enveloppe? Or did we actually lose it?

Will the Home Office ask for that decision letter when renewing the visa in 2 years? I'm flat-worried , no idea where that letter is... :cry:

Anyone pls help

geoeng
Canada

Re: lost the spouse visa decision letter?

Post by geoeng » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:00 pm

You won't be asked for the decision letter in future applications, the BRP is all that is needed to prove a right to live/work/enter the UK.
Last edited by geoeng on Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: lost the spouse visa decision letter?

Post by seagul » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:01 pm

Post office doesn't retain it and probably you might have misplaced it. But don't worry you won't need it but having its copy even in phone is better just for own record.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.