ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Name registed with DVLA is different

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Xterra
Newly Registered
Singapore

Question regarding the Proof of living and Proof of Freedom

Post by Xterra » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:22 am

Hi,
I have a follow on question related to above, hopefully it is ok to do it in this thread. I am applying via the ILR 5 year route. My question is regarding the stamps on passport. Do I need to scan all stamps for the past 5 years or only the most recent entry into the UK?
Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Question regarding the Proof of living and Proof of Freedom

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:14 am

1. Please don't tag onto other user topics. It is unfair and creates confusion.

2. You need to scan all stamped pages for the 5 years to prove you have not exceeded the absence limit. Nowhere does it state it is only the most recent entry.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Xterra
Newly Registered
Singapore

Name registed with DVLA is different

Post by Xterra » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:58 pm

Hi gurus,
I come from a country where there is no concept of a Surname. Even my passport does not have a section for surname. When i got my driving licence many years ago, i have for reasons i do not recall, combined my middle name and last name eg surname: "Ben Jones". In all other official use (eg Council Tax, HMRC, Banks) etc I have consistently used "Jones". For my naturalisation application, I used "Jones".
This was an oversight when i got my driving licence and not done with any malicious intent. I have always updated DVLA with my current address. My concern is, when they do a 'good character' check, they will see that the names are inconsistent. I have mentioned this on my cover letter and uploaded a scanned copy of my driving licence. Do you think this is sufficient?. Thanks