ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

After Getting the Irish Passport - Important Questions for everyone

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

M7edShin
Mood:
Ireland

After Getting the Irish Passport - Important Questions for everyone

Post by M7edShin » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:58 pm

Hello Guys,

I have questions if anyone with any information:

1- Once we receive the certificate and finish with the ceremony, how long does it take to apply for the passport until you get it?

2- Will we be able to apply for ID as well or not valid for us? I mean normal ID to be able to travel with it within EU without Passport?

3- If you have kids, they born here but did not get irish as parent were not here long enough before the birth. Will I apply for my child with same process or I can straightaway go for the form?

Thanks

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: After Getting the Irish Passport - Important Questions for everyone

Post by littlerr » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:19 pm

1. Once you have all documents (photos, Garda signed photos and application forms, proof of address etc) ready, it normally takes 4 weeks.

2. You can now apply for your first passport online if you live in Ireland. You still have to post all documents to them but it's still easier and quicker than writing up a manual form. If you apply for the passport online, you can apply to get the passport book and passport card at the same time.

3. You need to apply for naturalisation for your kids.

M7edShin
Mood:
Ireland

Re: After Getting the Irish Passport - Important Questions for everyone

Post by M7edShin » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:18 pm

littlerr wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:19 pm
1. Once you have all documents (photos, Garda signed photos and application forms, proof of address etc) ready, it normally takes 4 weeks.

2. You can now apply for your first passport online if you live in Ireland. You still have to post all documents to them but it's still easier and quicker than writing up a manual form. If you apply for the passport online, you can apply to get the passport book and passport card at the same time.

3. You need to apply for naturalisation for your kids.
Could you please help me from your knowledge what form would be suitable? because I have read that form 9 and 11 could apply to the both situation.

FORM 9 as I am being naturalised also FORM 11 applies so which one? I prefer FORM 9 as it's much easier :D :D :D