ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Statement date for cash savings

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ash210

Statement date for cash savings

Post by ash210 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:23 am

Hi everyone,
I am applying for my wife’s first extension in Jan20, I will be using the cash savings route and showing more than 62,500 in her account from last 6 months, Nationwide statements does not show the start and end date for the statement.
For example, her statement is generated on 11th of every month, the statement shows as 11th August 2019 but does not show 12th July to 11th August, should I use the July statement as well to minimise the confusion UKBA might have?
I am also facing problem showing the source of funds
We moved back to UK in 2017 and before relocating I transferred more than 100k into my UK account but after that it was transferred to various accounts of friends so it’s not straightforward that I can show the funds in her account have been transferred from my account making up the 65k she has from last 6 months, I am really nervous what to do, I can explain in the cover letter that the money she has was transferred by myself and my source has been overseas employment but I don’t know what else I can do, if I show the statements when she got the money, it will raise further doubts who those people are and why they have transferred into her account.
Could someone please advise me what is the best way to proceed? Even for the initial application we used the cash savings route.
Regards

geoeng
Canada

Re: Statement date for cash savings

Post by geoeng » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:56 pm

If you concerned the dates covered by the bank statements will not be clear then yes, including the July statement and/or including a cover letter outlining the situation probably isn't a bad idea just so there is less likely to be confusion. As far as I can tell, you are not required to provide evidence of the source of the cash savings, only the bank statements for 6 months prior to the date of application and "a declaration by the account holder(s) of the source(s) of the cash savings". The requirements that must be met for the cash savings to be considered are listed in the table on page 52 of the guidance document linked below.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -ext_1.pdf
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

ash210

Post by ash210 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:08 pm

Thanks Geoeng for your reply,

Has anyone faced any problem with source of funds? and has anyone come across this situation, where they did not show the source, only declared and the application was declined for that reason? or even UKBA asked for further documents to show how the funds were acccumulated?
Anyone please with any input, please reply.

Regards

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:02 pm

ash210 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:23 am
I can show the funds in her account have been transferred from my account making up the 65k she has from last 6 months, I am really nervous what to do, I can explain in the cover letter that the money she has was transferred by myself and my source has been overseas employment but I don’t know what else I can do,
Even without transferring these funds from your account into her account you could have met the requirement. Still shouldn't be issue as in her account the credits with your name must be appearing and if caseworker will ask its proof then you can attach your overseas payslips/employment contract & income tax documents etc.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ash210

Post by ash210 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:37 am

Has anyone faced any problem with source of funds? and has anyone come across this situation, where they did not show the source, only declared and the application was declined for that reason? or even UKBA asked for further documents to show how the funds were accumulated?

ash210

Cash savings-Further information requested?

Post by ash210 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:47 am

ash210 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:37 am
Has anyone faced any problem with source of funds? and has anyone come across this situation, where they did not show the source, only declared and the application was declined for that reason? or even UKBA asked for further documents to show how the funds were accumulated?
Can someone who has been through , please respond

Regards

geoeng
Canada

Re: Cash savings-Further information requested?

Post by geoeng » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:01 am

ash210 wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:47 am
Can someone who has been through , please respond
There's a good chance there isn't anyone who has been through the situation you described and continues returning to the forum. The number of people who apply using cash savings is a small fraction of the total applications, the number who have had applications declined for that specific reason or who had a request for further documents would be even smaller. In reading this forum, requests for additional documentation seem like they tend to come from applications where the cash savings were a gift. If you have a legitimate source declared and could conceivably provide documentation of the original source on the small chance you were asked for it, there's no reason to assume you will have issues with that particular aspect of the application as it sounds like you meet the requirements as stated in the Immigration Rules and guidance.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

ash210

Post by ash210 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:09 am

Thanks Geoeng,
You are right, makes sense.

Lets hope I wont have any issues with the application, fingers crossed.

Regards