ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT!! Tier-2 SOC code

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

EP17
Newly Registered
India

My employer got an email from HO about a wrong SOC code

Post by EP17 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:27 am

Hi,
While applying to switch from a Tier-4 to a Tier-2 visa, my employer received an email that the wrong SOC code had been put on my CoS. He then sent them an email with the correct SOC code. Does that mean my visa will be rejected or will they consider the new SOC code? I don't know the exact content of the email sent to him and I haven't heard anything from the HO.

Any input is greatly appreciated

EP17
Newly Registered
India

Re: My employer got an email from HO about a wrong SOC code

Post by EP17 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:53 am

Hi,
Please let me know if anyone has been in the same situation, I am extremely worried as blogs on immigration lawyers websites mention that the chances of the visa being rejected are high. Any information at all will be helpful. Thanks!
EP17 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:27 am
Hi,
While applying to switch from a Tier-4 to a Tier-2 visa, my employer received an email that the wrong SOC code had been put on my CoS. He then sent them an email with the correct SOC code. Does that mean my visa will be rejected or will they consider the new SOC code? I don't know the exact content of the email sent to him and I haven't heard anything from the HO.

Any input is greatly appreciated

EP17
Newly Registered
India

URGENT!! Tier-2 SOC code

Post by EP17 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:57 pm

Hi,I’ve been trying to find the right SOC code for a marketing manager but have been unable to do so. Could someone please help!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: URGENT!! Tier-2 SOC code

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:59 pm

Have you looked through Appendix J??

This is your employer's responsibility to select the correct SOC.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

EP17
Newly Registered
India

Post by EP17 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:05 pm

They had put in a wrong code earlier because of which my application has been refused, I now need to reapply with the correct code (that’s why I want to be sure and check the code myself) but appendix J only covers Marketing directors and sales managers. There is no code for the marketing manager

EP17
Newly Registered
India

Post by EP17 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:13 pm

Would the code for sales manager be applicable?

srsw

Post by srsw » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:34 pm

In your initial post you said "He then sent them an email with the correct SOC code." Is he = case worker?

Occupation codes
11. The Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) codes are based on the SOC 2010 system designed by the Office for National Statistics, except where otherwise stated. This system is designed to cover all possible jobs.

12. References to “job” refer to the most appropriate match for the job in question, as it appears in the tables in this Appendix. The job description must correlate with the most appropriate match, according to the SOC 2010 system. The example job tasks and related job titles listed in Tables 1 to 4 are taken from guidance published by the Office for National Statistics. Further guidance on jobs in Tables 5 and 6 is available from the guidance published on the Office for National Statistics website. The Home Office will apply the most appropriate match based on the job description in an application, even if this is not the match stated by the applicant or their Sponsor.

Source:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... illed-work

Check the last sentence... HO will apply the most appropriate match based on the job description, so I assume the case worker has clarified about the right soc code? If that's the case, you need to reapply with suggested soc code and make sure the salary, etc. requirements are met.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.