ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizenship after ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

myuser
Newly Registered
Sudan

British citizenship after ILR

Post by myuser » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:00 pm

Hi,

I am wondering if someone can guide me in the right direction, me my wife ( both none British and none European ) and my Son( was born outside the UK and before we get the ILR ).

We all had the ILR , 2 months ago after 5 years on visa and thinking of going for the Citizenship after a year, i am wondering what forms do i need to use i believe for us it is AN but i am confused which one should i use for my son is it MN1 ?

The other question, can we apply as a family online or we need to do three separate applications ?

Many Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: British citizenship after ILR

Post by zimba » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:53 am

All of you can apply online using one application (form AN)
In your application, you can also include family members. Each person included in the application will be assessed against the statutory requirements in their own right.
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... onality-an
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

myuser
Newly Registered
Sudan

Post by myuser » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:33 pm

Thanks Zimba,

So i will use the AN application online myself then i add my wife and son after completing mine, is that right?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:18 pm

Yes.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

myuser
Newly Registered
Sudan

Post by myuser » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:38 am

Many Thanks for your help and advise.

myuser
Newly Registered
Sudan

Post by myuser » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:18 pm

one last thing, do you know what papers we need when we apply, i know the English Knowledge and life in the UK and the passports and payslips from work and bank statements and 2 references.

But do they ask for a birth certificates, other documents that we need to get from back home for me,my wife and my son all of us where not born in the UK ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:21 pm

payslips from work and bank statements

NOT required.
But do they ask for a birth certificates, other documents that we need to get from back home for me,my wife and my son all of us where not born in the UK ?
Likely only childs birth cert. Yours/wifes NOT required.

Don't overthink the process and do not submit unnecessary documents you think are relevant.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

myuser
Newly Registered
Sudan

Post by myuser » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:09 pm

many thanks for your reply, i will see how it goes when the time comes and if anything i will post it here.