ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (Protection) Route applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hoods24

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by hoods24 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:13 pm

Congratulations Imtiaz15

Great to read positive outcomes.

max7
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by max7 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:59 pm

Coolstuff wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:43 pm
Hello Everyone
I was waiting to get my Visa and then share the timeline but it seems like a never ending wait so my timeline so far is :

5 years limited leave expiry: 14/08/2019
Applied online for SET(P) ILR: 15/07/2019
Documents submit online uploads: 15/07/2019
Bio metric done: 18/07/2019
Acknowledgement email: Only received Application submission email.
Status progress emails: - None ( As they stopped it after June 2019 i guess )
Approval letter: - Waiting
BRP received: - Waiting

It is quite frustrating as most of us has got it under or just over in three months but its been 4 months and 6 days since i applied...but its well under their 6 months time frame so staying positive.

Also i included a dependent ( my 15 months old daughter ) on my application who was obviously not part of my original application 5 years ago. So could be the reason that they are taking long ?

& my ex wife was dependent on my actual application she applied separately on 1st August 2019..didher bio metric on 12 august 2019..received her ILR on 15th November 2019 which was dated 12 November 2019.

So that means they are taking long because i added my daughter in my application , do they normally take long if you have dependent in your application ?

Sorry for the long post, all the best to everyone.

Your help is much appreciated thanks in advance :)
Hi Coolstuff ,

I think that's the case. Don't worry at all, you'll receive it within the 6 months period.
I had also applied with dependants on 02 May 2019 and still waiting, it's 7 months already! I received a complex letter on last day of my 6 months time frame.

Regards,
Max

nuno1
Newly Registered

Post by nuno1 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:44 pm

Good evening,
I hope someone can help me with this question. I will have to apply for IRL in February and at the moment I have my full time job which I don't want to lose. From what I can see the awaiting time is 3 months at least. Do you think it will affect my employment? How did you prove your right to work to your employer? Does anyone lose their job during this awaiting time? I am so scared.

Thank you in advance.

hoods24

Post by hoods24 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:21 pm

your employer will need to use the employee checking service on gov website. The link is below

https://www.gov.uk/employee-immigration ... ent-status

If you make your application within 28 days before the expiry date of your visa, the home office will send your employer the positive notification allowing you to work whilst your application is pending.
No need to be scared or worried.

Hope this helps. All the best.

AB84
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by AB84 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:54 am

Hi and congratulations all. I just want to ask if you had a solicitor? i will submit my application next week, and i am not sure if i should have a solicitor. the fee is very expensive at least £1200. can yo please advise me. also what documents did you need? please let me know.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:57 am

AB84 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:54 am
Hi and congratulations all. I just want to ask if you had a solicitor? i will submit my application next week, and i am not sure if i should have a solicitor. the fee is very expensive at least £1200. can yo please advise me. also what documents did you need? please let me know.
Can you please stop spamming the forum with multiple duplicate posts. You only need to post ONCE!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AB84
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by AB84 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:59 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:57 am
AB84 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:54 am
Can you please stop spamming the forum with multiple duplicate posts. You only need to post ONCE!!!

I am sorry, i am new with the site. please accept my apologies.

AB84
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by AB84 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:07 am

Hi all.

First of all, please forgive me for my many post, i am new with the site.

I just want to ask if it is mandatory to have a solicitor for my SET P application? i will submit my application next week 10 Dec 2019, and i am not sure if i should have a solicitor. i have my application ready, and i've been to a solicitor for advise. I was told it is ok my application. but the fee is very expensive at least £1200. can someone please advise me. also what documents did you need to submit with your application? i only have the BRP and the travelling documents. what else i should submit to support my application or my case?

please advise me.

Hasan1983
Sudan

Post by Hasan1983 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:39 pm

Hi 👋 everyone, I would like to share my application for ILR timeline so far with you.

5 years leave to remain expiry: 16/09/2019
Applied online for SET(P) ILR: 06/08/2019
Documents submit online uploads: 10/08/2019
Bio metric taken: 03/09/2019
Acknowledgement email: received Application submission email.
Status progress emails: - None
Approval letter: - Pending
BRP received: - Pending

lovelife
Newly Registered

Post by lovelife » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:44 pm

hi all, i was checking right to work and it says
Do not give this page to your employer – it is not proof of your right to work.

is everyone getting this message ?

many thanks

Miladkorkis
Newly Registered

Post by Miladkorkis » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:49 pm

lovelife wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:44 pm
hi all, i was checking right to work and it says
Do not give this page to your employer – it is not proof of your right to work.

is everyone getting this message ?

many thanks
Your employer can check this as well as they know your DOB BUT ALL THEY NEED IS YOU PROVIDING THEM YOUR SHARE CODE.

Ali18
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Ali18 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:48 am

applied for set p ilr here is my timeline start

Applied via online.....10-09-19
Application Received email from ukvi.....10-09-19.
First biometric appointment UKVCAS cancel due to technical issues there....16-09-19
2nd biometric appointment ...taken biometric and scan documents ....20-09-19
Acknowledge letter....no
Status email progress ...no
Decision .....confirmed approval
Email received from DX ....06-12-2019
Total timeline is 2 month and 7 days

Good luck to everyone

hoods24

Post by hoods24 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:55 pm

That’s brilliant news! Congratulations

I want to share my timeline

Applied: 1/09/2019
Biometrics: 09/09/2019
Approval: waiting

AB84
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by AB84 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:04 pm

Coolstuff wrote:
Hello Everyone
I was waiting to get my Visa and then share the timeline but it seems like a never ending wait so my timeline so far is :

It is quite frustrating as most of us has got it under or just over in three months but its been 4 months and 6 days since i applied...but its well under their 6 months time frame so staying positive.

Also i included a dependent ( my 15 months old daughter ) on my application who was obviously not part of my original application 5 years ago. So could be the reason that they are taking long ?

& my ex wife was dependent on my actual application she applied separately on 1st August 2019..didher bio metric on 12 august 2019..received her ILR on 15th November 2019 which was dated 12 November 2019.

So that means they are taking long because i added my daughter in my application , do they normally take long if you have dependent in your application ?

Have you applied through a solicitor??

AB84
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by AB84 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:08 pm

Mass wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:52 pm
Hi everyone
Got my letter today thought ill share my side of story.

This is my timeline :

5 years limited leave expiry: 09/09/2019
Applied online for SET(P) ILR: 10/08/2019
Documents submit online uploads: 15/11/2019
Bio metric done: 14/08/2019
Acknowledgement email: Only received Application submission email instantly.
Status progress emails: - None
Approval letter: - 26/11/2019
BRP received: - 27/11/2019

All the best to everybody else whose waiting.
Peace.

Congrats, did you need to have a solicitor?

AB84
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by AB84 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:20 pm

Ninazara wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:34 pm
sopra steria did the same with me. Just scanned my travel documents and biometric, fingerprints that’s all.
They said HO will contact you if they need anything else.
I was worried sick but now it’s seems like that’s the new process.
They probably take information from your old file and that’s all.
Still waiting for my decision. All the best to all of you.

any news or updates?

lovelife
Newly Registered

Post by lovelife » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:48 pm

hi Hoods24,

did you check online right to work, is it saying <<Do not give this page to your employer – it is not proof of your right to work>>

many thanks and good luck.

Coolstuff
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Coolstuff » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:05 pm

AB84 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:04 pm
Coolstuff wrote:
Hello Everyone

@AB84 no Applied on my own, just want to add to this that my ex-wife was a dependent on my original claim and she has got it and myself who is the main applicant is still waiting...the only reason i could think of is because i applied/ added on my application my 15 months old daughter as a new dependent. That is why they are taking long.

@Max7 yeah that could be the reason but its strange that the old dependent got the visa processed already before the main applicant where we both had the same HO reference number too.
I have written a letter to home office but its highly unlikely that they ll ever reply.

@Ali18 many Congrats please keep us in your prayers too all the best :)

AB84
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by AB84 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:14 pm

Coolstuff wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:05 pm
AB84 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:04 pm
Coolstuff wrote:
Hello Everyone

@AB84 no Applied on my own, just want to add to this that my ex-wife was a dependent on my original claim and she has got it and myself who is the main applicant is still waiting...the only reason i could think of is because i applied/ added on my application my 15 months old daughter as a new dependent. That is why they are taking long.

@Max7 yeah that could be the reason but its strange that the old dependent got the visa processed already before the main applicant where we both had the same HO reference number too.
I have written a letter to home office but its highly unlikely that they ll ever reply.

@Ali18 many Congrats please keep us in your prayers too all the best :)

Well, I think it's a good news as your wife got it. soon you will receive it for you and for your child. May I ask if you can let me know what sort of documents you added to your application to support it? I mean did you need to add bank statement or tenancy contracts or any P60 slips, or employee letters or ...?? that would be very helpful for me as i will submit mine on the 10 Dec and i need to be ready with any requirement.

Coolstuff
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Coolstuff » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:27 pm

AB84 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:14 pm

Well, I think it's a good news as your wife got it. soon you will receive it for you and for your child. May I ask if you can let me know what sort of documents you added to your application to support it? I mean did you need to add bank statement or tenancy contracts or any P60 slips, or employee letters or ...?? that would be very helpful for me as i will submit mine on the 10 Dec and i need to be ready with any requirement.
YES I HOPE SO STAYING POSITIVE ABOUT IT, ITS ALMOST A MONTH SINCE MY EX WIFE GOT HERS.
No you dont need any P60 , payslips bank statements, or any tenancy agreement for ILR set (p). but as a proof of address you can provide them with any of the above (though its not required).
other than that you dont need to provide any thing just your Travel Document and BRP which they ll scan and return it to you. All the best :)

AB84
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by AB84 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:40 pm

Coolstuff wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:27 pm
AB84 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:14 pm

YES I HOPE SO STAYING POSITIVE ABOUT IT, ITS ALMOST A MONTH SINCE MY EX WIFE GOT HERS.
No you dont need any P60 , payslips bank statements, or any tenancy agreement for ILR set (p). but as a proof of address you can provide them with any of the above (though its not required).
other than that you dont need to provide any thing just your Travel Document and BRP which they ll scan and return it to you. All the best :)

Thank you so much. I wish you all the best, and keep us updated. best of luck mate.

hoods24

Post by hoods24 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:20 pm

Lovelife

I’m not sure. But for employers they will need to go on gov.uk website to use employee checking service so they can get a notification from home office allowing the employee to work while application in progress. It’s an online form which says start now at the beginning. I didn’t see Anything What you’ve explained on that page.

Employer will need to wait for home office’s reply which takes 5 working days I think.

Mass
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Mass » Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:41 pm

Hi everyone,

I am unsure if its relevant to this platform or not but based on refugee iIr Set P, do you qualify for citizenship after the period of 12 months if you have overstayed in the last 10 years?
Refugees can excercise the discretion on this or anyone can recommend the revelant forum?? Any information anything will be really helpful.
Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:51 pm

Mass wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:41 pm
Hi everyone,

I am unsure if its relevant to this platform or not but based on refugee iIr Set P, do you qualify for citizenship after the period of 12 months if you have overstayed in the last 10 years?
Refugees can excercise the discretion on this or anyone can recommend the revelant forum?? Any information anything will be really helpful.
Thanks.
It is not the correct place to ask citizen. Please ask citizenship questions in the British citizenship sub forum!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

TempUser
Newly Registered

Post by TempUser » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:05 pm

Morning everyone
For those who received their BRP, did you get an email from the delivery company in advance?