ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

USA to UK - URGENT PLEASE HELP - DOCUMENT QUESTION

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sobiquet
Newly Registered
Mood:

USA to UK - URGENT PLEASE HELP - DOCUMENT QUESTION

Post by sobiquet » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:32 pm

Hi all,

For the life of me, me and my wife can't work this out;

Her appointment is Friday in the USA (I am in the UK) and her checklist is as follows;

Proof of relationship to your partner - for example, marriage or civil
partnership certificates

The passport or travel document for X from United States of America

Copy of the bio data page of the passport or travel document for Y from British Citizen

One proof of British citizenship for Y (such as a passport or UK citizenship certificate)

For the last one, highlighted, we are very confused - it does not specify that it is a hard copy nor would you think it would be expected as obviously I have my passport with me in the UK - but the fact they specify the passport bio page as a different Doc has me confused - my bio page states British Citizen. I'm assuming they can use a copy for both but it is separated as not everyone's states British Citizenship i.e. they may have applied for citizenship after being granted a passport from a different country.

it also states this below 'If we require passports, you must take the originals to your appointment. If you have self-uploaded copies on our commercial partner's website you must still take your original passports, but will not be charged for scanning.' - I am assuming this is linked to the applicant's passport. It is very confusing but obviously not feasible that applicants in different countries would not have their sponsor's passports themselves.

I phoned UK visa and immigration who were very vague and just said bring a copy and a cover letter explaining but I just don't want my wife to be turned away at the appointment.

Can anyone please clarify? Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: USA to UK - URGENT PLEASE HELP - DOCUMENT QUESTION

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:42 pm

A scanned copy of the British passport is sufficient. No need to send your original.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sobiquet
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by sobiquet » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:50 pm

Thank you! So the scanned page serves both purposes, great.

This doesn't have to be certified, right?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:54 pm

No need to be certified no.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sobiquet
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by sobiquet » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:27 pm

Many thanks for your help.

Wife just attended biometrics, was all fine - they didn’t even look at any of the docs.

Now she’s preparing the pack to send off to VFS. I have uploaded all supporting docs online. Just wondering, our doc checklist specifies marriage certs. Do we send originals to VFS with my wife’s passport and stamped biometric form or copies or will copies that I have uploaded suffice? ?

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:08 pm

sobiquet wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:27 pm
Many thanks for your help.

Wife just attended biometrics, was all fine - they didn’t even look at any of the docs.

Now she’s preparing the pack to send off to VFS. I have uploaded all supporting docs online. Just wondering, our doc checklist specifies marriage certs. Do we send originals to VFS with my wife’s passport and stamped biometric form or copies or will copies that I have uploaded suffice? ?

Thanks
If all supporting documents uploaded online then What docs/pack is wife preparing to send to VFS?