ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

alka
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 ICT visa

Post by alka » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:31 pm

Hello,

I am at UK currently on Tier 2 ICT visa. I will be completing 5 yrs with Tier ICT by May 2021.

I am planning to do MBA from UK on Tier 4 visa from September 2020. So i will switch from Tier 2 ICT to Tier 4 visa at UK.

Can my company sponsor me again on Tier 2 ICT at UK after completing my MBA? Do I need o return back to Home country again?

Please advise.

Thanks

sachinis100

Re: Tier 2 ICT visa

Post by sachinis100 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:43 pm

Yes but Tier 2 General not ICT.

alka
Newly Registered
India

Post by alka » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:16 pm

I will be doing MBA since my company will allow leave without pay for an year.

My company doesn't sponsor Tier 2 General Visa.

My company is saying that they will file my Tier 2 ICT again once I complete my MBA.

I have following questions: please clarify

1) Do I return back to home country for applying the Tier 2 ICT again?
2) if the above question answer is yes, how long do I need to stay in my home country to apply Tier 2 ICT visa again?
2) Can I apply for ILR after 10 yrs as below

5 yrs Tier 2 ICT + 1 yr Study ( Tier4) + 5 yrs Tier 2 ICT

Please advise.

Thanks
Santanu

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:26 pm

I will be doing MBA since my company will allow leave without pay for an year.
Your tier 2 ICT visa will be cancelled when your Tier 4 visa is granted.
My company doesn't sponsor Tier 2 General Visa.

My company is saying that they will file my Tier 2 ICT again once I complete my MBA.
You are required to have evidence of working for your employer for 12 months immediately prior to applying.

https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-intracompany- ... orker-visa
Long-term Staff
Apply for this visa if you’re transferring into a role that requires you to have had previous experience working for the company.

You’ll need to have worked for your company for more than 12 months, unless they’re going to pay you £73,900 or more a year to work in the UK.
1) Do I return back to home country for applying the Tier 2 ICT again?
Yes, but unlikely you will qualify for an ICT visa.
2) if the above question answer is yes, how long do I need to stay in my home country to apply Tier 2 ICT visa again?
However long it takes to get a visa approved that you qualify for.
2) Can I apply for ILR after 10 yrs as below

5 yrs Tier 2 ICT + 1 yr Study ( Tier4) + 5 yrs Tier 2 ICT
All visas count for ILR LR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

alka
Newly Registered
India

Post by alka » Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:37 am

I am working for my company for last 12 years. I have worked many years outside of UK with this company.

When I will do my MBA, my company will give me leave and they will not pay me for that year since I will not be working for that year but I am not leaving this company.

So my question is:

1) Can my company sponsor me Tier 2 ICT again once I complete my MBA at UK?

There is no where mentioned at (https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-intracompany- ... orker-visa) that

I am required to show evidence of working for your employer for 12 months immediately prior to applying.

Also I am not sure there is no where mentioned that '12 months immediate prior to apply'. Please advise.

katanayi
Mood:

Post by katanayi » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:14 am

That is one of the main requirements for ICT visa.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:29 am

alka wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:37 am
I am working for my company for last 12 years. I have worked many years outside of UK with this company.

When I will do my MBA, my company will give me leave and they will not pay me for that year since I will not be working for that year but I am not leaving this company.

So my question is:

1) Can my company sponsor me Tier 2 ICT again once I complete my MBA at UK?

There is no where mentioned at (https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-intracompany- ... orker-visa) that

I am required to show evidence of working for your employer for 12 months immediately prior to applying. You also cannot switch to Tier 2 ICT within the UK.

Also I am not sure there is no where mentioned that '12 months immediate prior to apply'. Please advise.
Perhaps you should read the Tier 2 Policy Guidance, where it is clearly mentioned.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... FINAL1.pdf
Scoring Points for Sponsorship
Long Term Staff
26. You will be awarded 30 points if you have been working for your sponsoring organisation for
at least 12 months outside the UK. You do not need to meet this requirement if your salary
in the UK will be £73,900 or more per year.

27. The 12 months’ company experience will normally be the 12 months immediately before the
date of your application. However, it can be any 12 month period, providing you have
worked continuously and lawfully for your sponsoring organisation ever since the start of the
period. For example, if you have worked for the company overseas for 12 months, before
working for the company in the UK as a Tier 2 dependant, you can use the 12 months’
experience overseas. Alternatively, if you have worked for the company overseas for 6
months, followed by a period working for the company in the UK, then you returned and
worked for the company overseas for a further 6 months, we will allow you to add the two 6
month periods together.

28. If you have been absent from work for any of the reasons listed in paragraph 234 of this
guidance that lasted for one month or longer during the last 12 months, we will count any
work undertaken in the last 24 months towards the 12 month company experience

29. For example, if you worked for 9 months, took 12 months’ maternity leave and then
returned to work for 3 months before applying, we will allow you to add together the 2
periods of work, making 12 months in total.

30. This exception applies for a maximum of 12 months’ for any of the reasons listed in
paragraph 234 of this guidance . It does not apply to other breaks in your working, for
example, a period of study or a career break.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

alka
Newly Registered
India

Post by alka » Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:44 pm

Thanks for the quick response.

One more question

1) Can my company sponsor me Tier 2 ICT again once I complete my MBA at UK if they are okay to pay a salary of more than GBP 73,900 ?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:48 pm

Possibly yes, you have to apply from your home country and it has to be a genuine salary, not just one on paper so you can circumvent the immigration rules to suit you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

alka
Newly Registered
India

Post by alka » Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:48 pm

Ok. My current salary itself more than £74 k. So it will be genuine only.

Can I apply for an ILR after the below:

5 yrs on Tier 2 ICT + 1 yr on Tier 4 + 5 yrs on Tier 2 ICT

Please advise.
Thanks