ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need some help please!

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Evo14
Newly Registered
Algeria

Need some help please!

Post by Evo14 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:08 am

Hi all,
Just recently discovered this brilliant forum,

Need some help with some information as im about to give up.

My story is quite long so i will ask just for important questions.

Im non EU, my wife she is EU citizen living and working in ireland for past 6 years, i recently applied for EUfam1 in November, my wife was on maternity benefit and due to go back work mid December, unfortunately she developed an illness and unable to go back to work for at least a month or so.

She got letter for her GP to give her time off work and she applied for illness benefit for month of work. I wasn't aware of health insurance thing!! So im wondering what will we do now, will the illness application affect my EuFam application? Should we cancel it or should she go back to work if she is enable to, or get health insurance!!

Any help will be appreciated

Obie
Ireland

Re: Need some help please!

Post by Obie » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:54 pm

In the circumstances of your wife, a medical insurance is not required as she is involuntarily unemployed due to illness. The period of her maternity covers her as a worker under EU law.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors