ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Noshr67
Mood:

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by Noshr67 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:31 pm

SNK wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:02 pm
I know it’s a joke. Nothing more annoying than seeing someone not pay for priority and then get a response / visa before you. :oops: not sure how the HO works or the systems but doesn’t make any sense to me.
What is your time line plz?

Noshr67
Mood:

Post by Noshr67 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:31 am

Also I'm very worried about the decision as the email I recieved had a VAF number on it and I've read online alot that emails like that usually mean visa is rejected

Ms1993 or pawson did your not straight forward emails have VAF numbers? Plz reply soon

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:18 am

Noshr67 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:31 am
Also I'm very worried about the decision as the email I recieved had a VAF number on it and I've read online alot that emails like that usually mean visa is rejected

Ms1993 or pawson did your not straight forward emails have VAF numbers? Plz reply soon
Hi Nosh

Yes we both received VAF numbers. Look I know how heartbreaking this is because I’m in the exact same position as you.

My best advice to you is that if you have not heard anything then be happy that it has not been rejected yet. Maybe it will. Maybe it won’t. You just don’t know. I’ve now accepted this and will await and place faith in Allah as to the answer.

Re the VAF number - I’ve done a lot of research to understand what this means and frankly, no one knows. I have a friend who is a solicitor who suggested it is just an internal number - no value. But you will only be able to correspond it once you receive your decision to know if it matched anything.

ElizaK

Post by ElizaK » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:12 am

ms1993 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:45 pm
ElizaK wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:34 am
Hey guys, does anyone know what date the holidays start? And when do offices re-open?
Hi Eliza

I believe the standard U.K. bank holidays only
I’ve been following your post since before I submitted my application, I’m sorry to hear your app is delayed

Do you have Any complicated circumstances that would result in this?
I can't think of any reason for this delay😣 I thought that the maxium processing times were 3 months, it has been 80+ working days for us now. So far, myself and my workplace have recieved no phonecalls and no emails have been recieved from them.

I phoned UKVI twice now to escalate but there has been no contact from them. I just wasted £40 on two pointless phonecalls.

I'm losing hope now after reading peoples timelines who have applied after me and have recieved a response. Situations like this require alot patience which I am beginning to lose. It is extremely frustrating and this stress drives you up the wall. I shall possibly give it a few more weeks and then maybe see what else can be done from there. Just praying it is done by then and so is everyone elses. May god help us.

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:33 am

ElizaK wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:12 am
ms1993 wrote:
ElizaK wrote:
Hey guys, does anyone know what date the holidays start? And when do offices re-open?
Hi Eliza

I’ve been following your post since before I submitted my application, I’m sorry to hear your app is delayed

I can't think of any reason for this delay😣 I thought that the maxium processing times were 3 months, it has been 80+ working days for us now. So far, myself and my workplace have recieved no phonecalls and no emails have been recieved from them.

I phoned UKVI twice now to escalate but there has been no contact from them. I just wasted £40 on two pointless phonecalls.

I'm losing hope now after reading peoples timelines who have applied after me and have recieved a response. Situations like this require alot patience which I am beginning to lose. It is extremely frustrating and this stress drives you up the wall. I shall possibly give it a few more weeks and then maybe see what else can be done from there. Just praying it is done by then and so is everyone elses. May god help us.
Hi Eliza

I’m so sorry to hear this and completely understand your frustration. We’ve reached 65 days today and 14 days since our interview.

I feel the same seeing other people’s responses being received when they applied around my time or even after and on priority!

What I can tell you is that the general advice they give is 60 days / 12 working weeks when in actual fact their customer service standard is 6 months from date of biometrics - the gov website states that 100% of those from ISB are decided within 6 months however these timescales and figs were last updated in May 2019

Have you tried escalating via MP?

Noshr67
Mood:

Post by Noshr67 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:43 am

ms1993 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:33 am
ElizaK wrote:
ms1993 wrote:
ElizaK wrote:
Hi Eliza

Hi Eliza

I’m so sorry to hear this and completely understand your frustration. We’ve reached 65 days today and 14 days since our interview.

I feel the same seeing other people’s responses being received when they applied around my time or even after and on priority!

What I can tell you is that the general advice they give is 60 days / 12 working weeks when in actual fact their customer service standard is 6 months from date of biometrics - the gov website states that 100% of those from ISB are decided within 6 months however these timescales and figs were last updated in May 2019

I read on another forum once we recieve not straight forward email we are automatically taken out of the service standard time.. many I've read are waiting 8 months plus aswell
Nothing seems to work for anyone
Escalating or getting mp involved does nothing

And thank u ms1993
Sorry if i sound like a whining baby
I paid over 600 pounds 4 priority
Extra on top for a walk in session rather than wait 4 an appointment date
The whole reason to do so was so he can be here before new yrs
I can't sleep eat n feeling depressed

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:48 am

Noshr67 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:43 am
ms1993 wrote:
ElizaK wrote:
ms1993 wrote:

Hi Eliza

Hi Eliza

I read on another forum once we recieve not straight forward email we are automatically taken out of the service standard time.. many I've read are waiting 8 months plus aswell
Nothing seems to work for anyone
Escalating or getting mp involved does nothing

And thank u ms1993
Sorry if i sound like a whining baby
I paid over 600 pounds 4 priority
Extra on top for a walk in session rather than wait 4 an appointment date
The whole reason to do so was so he can be here before new yrs
I can't sleep eat n feeling depressed
Trust me when I say Nosh, I know exactly how you feel!! My husband and I had a very important date next week, our first and then New Year followed by another important date and I really wanted to be with him to celebrate. Even planned my annual leave around a potential decision but sadly it’s all out of the window.

Don’t lose heart. We’re all in the same position as you.

I’ve had my whiny moments and now I think let it be and deal with it when it happens

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:14 am

Noshr67 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:31 am

These numbers have no bearing on the decision on an application.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

Yazy lat
Algeria

Post by Yazy lat » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:22 am

125 WORKING DAYS OR MORE AND STILL WAITNG. ESCALATED 3 TIMES. KEEP GETTING THE SAME RESPONSE... HOPE WE ALL HEAR GOOD NEWS SOON!!!

Has anyone got this email after they have escalated?

Thank you for your enquiry.

As we have previously advised, the processing of this application has not been straightforward. We are continuing to work on the application and will make a decision as soon as we are able to.

We cannot give a timescale for when a decision will be made.

However, I have sent this to the appropriate Entry Clearance team so that it can be progressed as quickly as possible.

Remti

Post by Remti » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:24 am

Hii. Ive rang them up a few days ago and they said ok their system it says a decision has been made. Howeveelr i havent recieved any email claiming that. Does anyone know what it means?

Yazy lat
Algeria

Post by Yazy lat » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:12 am

That means your passport will be ready to collect very soon. They wouldn't email you to say decision has been made. They will email you to collect it straight away. It can take 15 working days to arrive at the office TLS centre or where ever you've done your biometric.

Noshr67
Mood:

Post by Noshr67 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:57 am

Remti wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:24 am
Hii. Ive rang them up a few days ago and they said ok their system it says a decision has been made. Howeveelr i havent recieved any email claiming that. Does anyone know what it means?
What is your time line? And did u get not straight forward email too?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:00 am

Noshr67 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:57 am
Remti wrote:
Instead of asking multiple members to REPOST information that has ALREADY been posted, why not simply READ through the last few pages of the topic to get the information!!!!
Remti wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:03 pm
Hi guys. I found this website and to be honest its helped me calm down and know that im not the only one going through this game of waiting.
I basically submitted on the 25th October 2019.
My husband is from kenya so im not sure about the processing time.
He went to the biometric on the 28th.
Same day he received an email stating prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.
It will be 7 weeks this Friday and nothing yet.
Its non priority btw. Im just dreading this. Please pray for us and everyone going through this
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:01 am

Noshr67 wrote:
Remti wrote:
Why are you posting under TWO different usernames??? This is strictly NOT permitted on the forum!!

member/Nosh25/

announcements/multiple-member-id-s-t11811.html
Administrator wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:46 pm

This is forbidden activity.

You may have one member ID here and only one. We make exceptions only under specific cases, and only when we can monitor all such activity.

Members activating and/or posting from multiple ID's (without specific, written previous arrangements) will be banned from the forum.

The Admin
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Noshr67
Mood:

Post by Noshr67 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:09 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:01 am
Noshr67 wrote:
Remti wrote:
Why are you posting under TWO different usernames??? This is strictly NOT permitted on the forum!!

member/Nosh25/

Administrator wrote:

You may have one member ID here and only one. We make exceptions only under specific cases, and only when we can monitor all such activity.

Members activating and/or posting from multiple ID's (without specific, written previous arrangements) will be banned from the forum.

The Admin
I cant access the other one.. says I'm typing incorrect password when I know its right. I've tried password reset 100 times and even emailed yourselves to sort the issue out to have no response back at all so I thought the other one is gone so I'll make a new one

Noshr67
Mood:

Post by Noshr67 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:10 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:00 am
Noshr67 wrote:
Remti wrote:
Instead of asking multiple members to REPOST information that has ALREADY been posted, why not simply READ through the last few pages of the topic to get the information!!!!
Remti wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:03 pm
Hi guys. I found this website and to be honest its helped me calm down and know that im not the only one going through this game of waiting.
I basically submitted on the 25th October 2019.
My husband is from kenya so im not sure about the processing time.
He went to the biometric on the 28th.
Same day he received an email stating prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.
It will be 7 weeks this Friday and nothing yet.
Its non priority btw. Im just dreading this. Please pray for us and everyone going through this
No need to be so rude... looking up certain members timelines isnt as straight forward as just going back a few pages... ☹

ElizaK

Post by ElizaK » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:44 am

ms1993 wrote:
ElizaK wrote:
ms1993 wrote:
ElizaK wrote:
Hi Eliza

Hi Eliza

All friends/ family who have applied for spouse visas from Pakistan recieved a response within 10 weeks even with standard! I was expecting a similar time frame but I guess you just never know.

And no, we haven't contacted the MP yet. I was thinking of just waiting another 4 weeks max and then hopefully.

Did you also apply from Pakistan?

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:45 am

ElizaK wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:44 am
ms1993 wrote:
ElizaK wrote:
ms1993 wrote:

Hi Eliza

Hi Eliza

All friends/ family who have applied for spouse visas from Pakistan recieved a response within 10 weeks even with standard! I was expecting a similar time frame but I guess you just never know.

And no, we haven't contacted the MP yet. I was thinking of just waiting another 4 weeks max and then hopefully.

Yes, Islamabad.

ElizaK

Post by ElizaK » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:53 am

ms1993 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:45 am
ElizaK wrote:
ms1993 wrote:
ElizaK wrote:

Hi Eliza

Yes, Islamabad.
Hopefully, you recieve a response soon and so does everyone else who is waiting. There's not much we can do in situations like this except wait and wait and more wait.

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:58 am

ElizaK wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:53 am
ms1993 wrote:
ElizaK wrote:
ms1993 wrote:

Hi Eliza

Yes, Islamabad.
Hopefully, you recieve a response soon and so does everyone else who is waiting. There's not much we can do in situations like this except wait and wait and more wait.
Thanks Eliza
Please continue to update with any actions you take

ElizaK

Post by ElizaK » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:10 pm

ms1993 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:58 am
ElizaK wrote:
ms1993 wrote:
ElizaK wrote:

Yes, Islamabad.
Thanks Eliza
I'm hoping to get abit of time off work to go visit my husband as it's been 2years we haven't met!

I keep thinking maybe that's why we haven't recieved a response yet. Maybe, they think our relationship isn't genuine. I did send in alot of evidence, phonelogs, over 500+screenshots of messages, pictures, and also screenshots from video call with our daughter.

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:13 pm

ElizaK wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:10 pm
ms1993 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:58 am
ElizaK wrote:
ms1993 wrote:

Yes, Islamabad.
Thanks Eliza
I'm hoping to get abit of time off work to go visit my husband as it's been 2years we haven't met!

I keep thinking maybe that's why we haven't recieved a response yet. Maybe, they think our relationship isn't genuine. I did send in alot of evidence, phonelogs, over 500+screenshots of messages, pictures, and also screenshots from video call with our daughter.
I think for the sake of maintaining your relationship, that’s a great shout.

I’ve been told however that any information submitted after the application is not considered

Similarly I went to see my husband after the application and we had a telephone interview (as I think they didn’t think our relationship was genuine) and I mentioned when I last saw him but whether they take that into consideration is their choice

If you haven’t heard anything, re relationship doubts etc, I would assume all Ok until you hear otherwise

Remti

Post by Remti » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:19 pm

CR001 wrote:
Noshr67 wrote:
Remti wrote:

member/Nosh25/

Administrator wrote:

The Admin
What do you mean under two usernames??? I posted it twice by accident. I tried to delete the first one as it had a spelling error.

Noshr67
Mood:

Post by Noshr67 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:21 pm

Remti wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:19 pm
CR001 wrote:
Noshr67 wrote:
Remti wrote:

member/Nosh25/

Administrator wrote:

The Admin
What do you mean under two usernames??? I posted it twice by accident. I tried to delete the first one as it had a spelling error.
They mean me

Noshr67
Mood:

Post by Noshr67 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:29 pm

One of my family members an MP of ours... I'm going tomorrow to speak to them regarding my case... let's see what they say or can help with... better than wasting money on these premium number n emails I suppose