ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Moving address before spouse visa extension application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nishanthsinghgurung
Newly Registered
India

UK spouse visa extension english language requirements query

Post by nishanthsinghgurung » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:47 pm

Hello All,

My UK spouse visa(2.5 years duration) expires on march 16, 2020. I need to apply for my UK spouse visa extension but have a question around english language requirements.

I am an Indian citizen but have a masters degree from USA university. When applying for my UK spouse visa, I have taken IELTS A1 test to pass the english language requirements criteria. When applying for spouse visa extension, I read carefully the english language requirements and it looks like if I submit my USA master's degree documents and get a medium of instruction letter from my USA university, I can get an 'ELPS' certificate from UK NARIC that should validate my english proficiency. I don't have to take IELTS A2.

1. Please let me know if my understanding about the english language requirements is correct.
2. Are the list of documents for spouse visa extension same as that of spouse visa ? If not, it would be great if someone can point me to the forum thread that has such list.

Kind Regards,
Nishanth

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: UK spouse visa extension english language requirements query

Post by seagul » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:22 pm

1. Yes. Also naric assessment and taking test might cost you same.
https://www.naric.org.uk/visas%20and%20 ... Apply.aspx

2. Financial requirements will remain same, evidences for subsisting relationships will be replaced with 2 years of cohabitation, TB test won't be needed, accomodation requirement will be almost same and regarding English requirement you are already aware.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

nishanthsinghgurung
Newly Registered
India

Re: UK spouse visa extension english language requirements query

Post by nishanthsinghgurung » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:32 pm

Was quite worried about not having enough time to take IELTS A2 exam to pass english language requirements for spouse visa extension. Will try to apply to get 'ELPS' certificate and/or 'Academic Qualification Level Statement (AQUALS)' from UK NARIC. Thank you so much for the response @seagul.

Are there anyone else with similar immigration status as mine successful in getting spouse visa(or extension) by using 'ELPS' certificate as english language requirement ?

nishanthsinghgurung
Newly Registered
India

Moving address before spouse visa extension application

Post by nishanthsinghgurung » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:20 am

Hello All,

I have been living at a specific address in the rented property since past 2.5 years(july 2017 to jan 2020). I have bought a new house and am schedule to move into the new house in the end of jan 2020. I will apply for the spouse visa extension application in the second week of feb 2020 as my current spouse visa expires in the second week of march 2020. Since, I have been living in my old house for a long time, all of my documents for the spouse visa extension application are from that house.

Questions:
1. Do I need to submit any documents from the new house ? If yes, what should they be.

2. If I submit all my documents from my old house. Will there be any impact to my spouse visa extension application as i am no more living there.

Please help!!!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Moving address before spouse visa extension application

Post by seagul » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:43 pm

nishanthsinghgurung wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:20 am
Hello All,

I have been living at a specific address in the rented property since past 2.5 years(july 2017 to jan 2020). I have bought a new house and am schedule to move into the new house in the end of jan 2020. I will apply for the spouse visa extension application in the second week of feb 2020 as my current spouse visa expires in the second week of march 2020. Since, I have been living in my old house for a long time, all of my documents for the spouse visa extension application are from that house.

Questions:
1. Do I need to submit any documents from the new house ? If yes, what should they be.

2. If I submit all my documents from my old house. Will there be any impact to my spouse visa extension application as i am no more living there.

Please help!!!
1. Mortgage statement, title deed, council tax bill etc.

2. No issue
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

nishanthsinghgurung
Newly Registered
India

Post by nishanthsinghgurung » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:35 pm

Thank you so much for the reply seagul. Any idea from where/whom can i get these documents from?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:37 pm

nishanthsinghgurung wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:35 pm
Thank you so much for the reply seagul. Any idea from where/whom can i get these documents from?
Bank issues mortgage statement, relevant council issues council tax and title deed can be downloaded or ordered from govt website.
https://www.gov.uk/get-information-abou ... e-register

nishanthsinghgurung
Newly Registered
India

Post by nishanthsinghgurung » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:44 pm

Thank you so much for the reply Seagul. Appreciate it !!!

nishanthsinghgurung
Newly Registered
India

Post by nishanthsinghgurung » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:16 pm

I have read online the land registration could take upto 16 weeks to be completed. I will get the keys of this new house at the end of jan. I need to apply for my spouse visa extension by feb 2nd week. I am worried that the title deed might not be available during my visa application. Same goes for the council tax bill as it is normally send in april.

I am thinking to write a cover letter explaining my current situation and submit any documents i can get from my new house builder about the purchase of the new house and submit them for the visa application along with the mortgage statement. Do you think that would be enough ? If not please suggest me what else can be done.