ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing surname

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sharmee2u
Newly Registered

Changing surname

Post by Sharmee2u » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:27 pm

Hi

I'm in the uk for 6 years holding permanent residence. My Indian passport, home office documents and residence permit has got my maiden surname. Whereas, my uk utility Bill's, bank proof, driving licence has got my married surname.

Is there any way to change my married surname. If I renew my Indian passport with married surname, then will it affect my residence permit. And how to change the surname in my residence permit? All mixed up making so much mess. Pls provide some suggestions to change my maiden surname.

Thanks
Sharmila

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Changing surname

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:47 pm

You have to change your Indian passport and then apply for a new brp card as a change of name apllication.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.