ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Justintime
Newly Registered

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by Justintime » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:04 pm

3years discretionary leave x2 since 2009
Indefinite leave to remain in 2016
10yrs +2months (Married to a British citizen and 3 British children)
Previous naturalization refusal in 2018 on good character (not crime related)based on 10yrs immigration from first discretionary leave.
Case worker advised to reply from Nov 2019.
Re-applied through a solicitor now.
Application submitted 22/1/2020
Biometric done on 1/2/2020.
I decided to use a solicitor in Case am not aware of any recent changes to immigration rules which was
the mistake I made the last time ..
I have a debt relief order which has been settled since 2015 and I declared in my application .
Anyone else in the same situation?
I really hope I get a good news from the HO soon and I don't have to wait too long.
Thanx for reading

Moa7

Post by Moa7 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:19 pm

Hi, I have submitted and made the payment for my online naturalisation application only yesterday. I am still uploading the documents to the UKVCAS website and have a few documents left to upload. The earliest biometrics appointment I got is for 25 February.

Today I got this email from the the Home Office as below:

"Dear customer,

Case ID: XXXXX

Thank you for your application to the Home Office. Your application has been received and is being considered.

It may take up to six months to make a decision on your case. If we are unable to process your application within six months we will tell you as soon as possible.

Our web page contains further information on our service standards and other information which may relate to your application.

Please note that this is an automated response confirming receipt of your application and does not accept responses. Please do not reply to this email.

If there is a change in your circumstances, we kindly ask that you only contact us using this link: https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances-visa-brp

Permanent migration team"

Does this mean any documents I upload now to the UKVCAS will not count? Also my biometrics appointment is nearly three weeks later. How is my full application been received then?

Moa7

Post by Moa7 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:21 pm

Also some facebook groups for British naturalisation preach that you can't travel outside the CTA whilst your application is in process otherwise your application will be considered withdrawn.

I haven't read any proof of this anywhere in the guidance. Can anyone here shed some light please?

Justintime
Newly Registered

Post by Justintime » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:26 pm

I also recieved the email a week before I uploaded my documents and did my biometric.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:27 pm

Moa7 wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:21 pm
Also some facebook groups for British naturalisation preach that you can't travel outside the CTA whilst your application is in process otherwise your application will be considered withdrawn.

I haven't read any proof of this anywhere in the guidance. Can anyone here shed some light please?
You are free to travel.

The travel restriction applies to visa and ilr applications, ie UK immigration appkicarions and NOT to British citizenship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

albanian33
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by albanian33 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:21 pm

I received following email one 8 days after I asked for progress. Any idea if the process of decision is starting.

Thank you for your email.

We can confirm that you have successfully enrolled your biometrics.

Your application will now continue to progress until a decision is made.

We will contact you if we require any further information from you throughout the course of the application process. Please note; we will not contact you to provide regular updates and cannot provide a definitive application processing timescale.

If you require any further information throughout the application process, please refer to our website:

www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration

If you require any further information regarding our new UKVCAS service, please refer to the linked webpage:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/ukvis-new-f ... ed-to-know

Kind Regards

UK Visas and Immigration
PBS & Citizenship
Home Office
Capital Building, New Hall Place, Liverpool, L3 9PP

Mikebe
Newly Registered

Post by Mikebe » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:00 am

Mama26 wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:46 pm
MoIQ wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:30 pm
Mikebe wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:13 am
MoIQ wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:37 pm

This exact e-mail has received to my friend who applied in June 2019 a few days after me. We both are waiting and both of us are on the refugee route. I don't know but somebody or any moderator of this forum has experienced better in this type of e-mail. Let's see who contributes to our steadfast patience.
I have received the same email last week as well, I will keep you updated please update us if you get a decision 👍
My friend who recieved the above e-mail has recieved another e-mail today. HO confirms his post in 21 days. I am waiting for the response and good news will be on the way for me also.
Thanks for the update mate hopefully this will bring good news very soon for all of us
I just received this email today.

We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Following our assessment of your case, unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within the 6 month target. We expect to make a decision on your application as soon as possible, but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible.

bhai86
Pakistan

Post by bhai86 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:50 am

Moa7 wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:19 pm
Hi, I have submitted and made the payment for my online naturalisation application only yesterday. I am still uploading the documents to the UKVCAS website and have a few documents left to upload. The earliest biometrics appointment I got is for 25 February.

Today I got this email from the the Home Office as below:

"Dear customer,

Case ID: XXXXX

Thank you for your application to the Home Office. Your application has been received and is being considered.

It may take up to six months to make a decision on your case. If we are unable to process your application within six months we will tell you as soon as possible.

Our web page contains further information on our service standards and other information which may relate to your application.

Please note that this is an automated response confirming receipt of your application and does not accept responses. Please do not reply to this email.

If there is a change in your circumstances, we kindly ask that you only contact us using this link: https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances-visa-brp

Permanent migration team"

Does this mean any documents I upload now to the UKVCAS will not count? Also my biometrics appointment is nearly three weeks later. How is my full application been received then?

Don't worry about it, this is a general email automatic generated after you make the payment to UKVI. Keep the case ID safe.

Mems02
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by Mems02 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:06 pm

Mama26 wrote:
MoIQ wrote:
Mikebe wrote:
MoIQ wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:37 pm

This exact e-mail has received to my friend who applied in June 2019 a few days after me. We both are waiting and both of us are on the refugee route. I don't know but somebody or any moderator of this forum has experienced better in this type of e-mail. Let's see who contributes to our steadfast patience.
I have received the same email last week as well, I will keep you updated please update us if you get a decision 👍
My friend who recieved the above e-mail has recieved another e-mail today. HO confirms his post in 21 days. I am waiting for the response and good news will be on the way for me also.

We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Following our assessment of your case, unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within the 6 month target. We expect to make a decision on your application as soon as possible, but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible.
I received that email too. I did you email them. How long have you submitted your application?

Mama26
Newly Registered
Mood:
Congo Democratic Republic

Post by Mama26 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:38 pm

Mems02 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:06 pm
Mama26 wrote:
MoIQ wrote:
Mikebe wrote:

I received that email too. I did you email them. How long have you submitted your application?
I applied on 18/07/2019. I hope we will hear good news soon

Jamesdk32
Newly Registered

Post by Jamesdk32 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:50 pm

Does anyone know the average waiting time for refugee applicants?
Thanks

Post2
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Post2 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:13 pm

I've submitted my (3yr British Spouse+Msc Degree+Life in the Uk test+ILR/got it in August 2019)application last month.

I work full time in the UK and have now got a job abroad. I have accepted the job and going to work from the UK until I get the approval and then move, but I'm intending to live in the UK eventually (we have a house/mortgage etc).

Do you think if I receive an overseas income/obviously have to let HMRC know, does HMRC passes the info to the Home office or vers visa?

It's a hectic situation! :lol:

Many thanks

Sous49
Mood:

Post by Sous49 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:32 pm

Jamesdk32 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:50 pm
Thanks
Hello their

I have been waiting since almost 6 months now. But some didn't need to wait that long though .. mu daughter got it in 4 and a half months for instance

Good luck

Jamesdk32
Newly Registered

Post by Jamesdk32 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:58 pm

Sous49 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:32 pm
Jamesdk32 wrote:
Thanks
Hello their

I have been waiting since almost 6 months now. But some didn't need to wait that long though .. mu daughter got it in 4 and a half months for instance

Good luck
Thanks
Do you know refugees who applied other than your daughter? And if so how long did they wait

MoIQ
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MoIQ » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:04 pm

Jamesdk32 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:58 pm
Sous49 wrote:
Jamesdk32 wrote:
Thanks
Hello their

Good luck
Thanks
Do you know refugees who applied other than your daughter? And if so how long did they wait
Hi, Yes I applied through refugee route on 21st May 2019. It has been more than 8 months now with No News. My friend who applied on 2nd June 2019 got 21 days waiting for e-mail of approval. He has the same case as me. We both were together in 2011. Another friend who applied in the same case got his approval in 6 weeks only. He also has a refugee route.
Now looking at different posts here from the last 6 months, I conclude that refugees are on 8+ months time scale. The quickest is Tier 1 people. Let's see when I will get approval. This 21st Fab, I will complete for 9 months. I believe the good news will arrive before this date.

Sous49
Mood:

Post by Sous49 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:38 pm

Jamesdk32 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:58 pm
Sous49 wrote:
Jamesdk32 wrote:
Thanks
Hello their

Good luck
Thanks
To be honest you can't really fugure out .but I do know peoplehey who took between 2_6 months .one is still waiting for more than a year. So I couldn't really fully judge as also some spouses of British Citizens are also waiting for more than 7 months.

bhai86
Pakistan

Post by bhai86 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:47 pm

Post2 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:13 pm
I've submitted my (3yr British Spouse+Msc Degree+Life in the Uk test+ILR/got it in August 2019)application last month.

I work full time in the UK and have now got a job abroad. I have accepted the job and going to work from the UK until I get the approval and then move, but I'm intending to live in the UK eventually (we have a house/mortgage etc).

Do you think if I receive an overseas income/obviously have to let HMRC know, does HMRC passes the info to the Home office or vers visa?

It's a hectic situation! :lol:

Many thanks
I think as long as you are physically living in UK, it should be fine. Receiving income from overseas should not be an issue. At the end you are paying tax in UK, aren't you? 8)

Sous49
Mood:

Post by Sous49 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

Hello there

Today my MP Office Manager contacted the HO for un update about my application and they told her check is still ongoing .. ( submitted on the 23of August 2019)
The HO told the same person on first week of November that it is allocated to a case worker.
So HO are giving contradicting information even to the MP office manager

Amazing

Post2
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Post2 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:02 pm

Guys, do you know how long usually it takes for a case worker to make a decision on a case? I got a reply from HO that my application will be with a case worker next week, however, on the same day, I got an email from HO asking for my husband's passport. His job title was CT7! whatever it means!

So is this guy who sent me an email the same guy as my case worker? Why cant the bloody HO be clear with their bloody applications when they charge so much money!

maxoid76
Newly Registered
Latvia

Post by maxoid76 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:39 pm

Dear forum readers,

I wanted to share my experience dealing with Home Office. I have applied 8.5 months ago on 20 May 2020 and sent a number of requests asking for update. Please find email addresses I used and the replies I received.

August 2019 - FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk

I can only comment that your application is ongoing in the application process. As you may be aware, our service standard is that we will complete 100% of workable and straightforward cases within six months from the date the application is received in the Home Office.....

17 October 2019 - FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide you with a progress update as our records show that your nationality application is still within the service standard. Decisions on nationality applications are usually made within 6 months of submission, although some applications can take longer. You will be told if you need to provide more information to help with your application.....

23 October 2019 - NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk

All applications are dealt with in application receipt date order. As you application was received on 20 May 2019, It will take a while longer for your application to be considered. Once your application is decided, you will be contacted by your caseworker....

November 2019 - NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk

The preparatory enquiries on this application are currently ongoing. This means that the application cannot yet be allocated. Hopefully it will not take too much longer before the application to considered. You do not need to contact us as once the application is decided, you will be contacted by a caseworker.

December 2019 - NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk

Unfortunately, your application is taking longer than usual, to be processed. As you may be aware, naturalisation is not an automatic process, and we have to make a number of enquiries to ensure that applicants can satisfy the statutory requirements. Some of these enquiries are carried out by external agencies on our behalf and can sometimes take longer than six months to complete.

15 January 2019 - NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk

I can only confirm that the status of your application remains the same as per our update of 29 November.
You do not need to contact us. Once your application is decided, you will be contacted by your caseworker.
The preparatory enquiries on this application are currently ongoing. This means that the application cannot yet be allocated. Hopefully it will not take too much longer before the application to considered. You do not need to contact us as once the application is decided, you will be contacted by a caseworker.
Thank you for your patience

And finally I have got approval letter today.

Thank you to this forum as posts here gave me important information about the whole process and expectations about it.
I wish good luck to all who is still waiting!

maxoid76
Newly Registered
Latvia

Post by maxoid76 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:23 pm

Correction to my previous post:

I have applied 8.5 months ago on 20 May 2019

Sous49
Mood:

Post by Sous49 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:20 pm

maxoid76 wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:23 pm
Correction to my previous post:

I have applied 8.5 months ago on 20 May 2019
C9ngratulations for your approval later
Reading your emails just prove what I experienced and what I think.i also communicated with them many times and I didn't get the same answer twice. This includes telling me that I should be contacted by post within 21 days and 3 weeks after that it is with a case worker and they will pass my email..
And finally that it is under background checks

So I think that I can not really do anything rather than waiting

Post2
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Post2 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:13 pm

Post2 wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:02 pm
Guys, do you know how long usually it takes for a case worker to make a decision on a case? I got a reply from HO that my application will be with a case worker next week, however, on the same day, I got an email from HO asking for my husband's passport. His job title was CT7! whatever it means!

So is this guy who sent me an email the same guy as my case worker? Why cant the bloody HO be clear with their bloody applications when they charge so much money!
Does anybody know how long it takes for an application to be processed once it's with a caseworker?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:13 pm

Post2 wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:13 pm
Post2 wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:02 pm

Does anybody know how long it takes for an application to be processed once it's with a caseworker?
No- it's not something the general public (i.e. us) would know. There is no rule about this.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Luna149

Post by Luna149 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:48 pm

I applied on 18/12/19
Still no response
Tried email HO two times
They reply ( I can confirm that your application is in the process and that decisions on applications are usually made within six months.

Unfortunately, your application is taking longer than usual, to be processed. As you may be aware, naturalisation is not an automatic process, and we have to make a number of enquiries to ensure that applicants can satisfy the statutory requirements. Some of these enquiries are carried out by external agencies on our behalf and can sometimes take longer than six months to complete.)

Please help me
This reply make me so worry
I am so stress
Is this normal reply or not
Any ideas?!