ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) Extension - UK University Degree from an overseas campus

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Aida_Kr
Newly Registered
Mood:
Kazakhstan

FLR (M) Extension - UK University Degree from an overseas campus

Post by Aida_Kr » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:33 pm

Hi,

I am applying for a 2.5 year extension to my FLR (M) Spouse visa. For my original application, to satisfy the English language requirement, I used the IELTS Life Skills A1 test. I can not use that anymore, as there is a 2 year limit on those tests as far as I understand. However, since then I received my Bachelors Degree, which is from a Greenwich University, but from its Malaysian partner University Campus. The graduation certificate looks exactly the same as it would for a student who studied at the Greenwich campus, however the academic transcript does show that the degree was studied in Malaysia.

The question I have is this: Do I need a certificate from UK NARIC for this degree, considering it is from a UK university?

Appreciate if anyone knows an answer to this!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: FLR (M) Extension - UK University Degree from an overseas campus

Post by seagul » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:28 pm

Aida_Kr wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:33 pm
Hi,

I am applying for a 2.5 year extension to my FLR (M) Spouse visa. For my original application, to satisfy the English language requirement, I used the IELTS Life Skills A1 test. I can not use that anymore, as there is a 2 year limit on those tests as far as I understand. However, since then I received my Bachelors Degree, which is from a Greenwich University, but from its Malaysian partner University Campus. The graduation certificate looks exactly the same as it would for a student who studied at the Greenwich campus, however the academic transcript does show that the degree was studied in Malaysia.

The question I have is this: Do I need a certificate from UK NARIC for this degree, considering it is from a UK university?

Appreciate if anyone knows an answer to this!
Where actually you have studied it, UK/Malaysia?
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.