ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 form Referee signed document with photo

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cooloz
Newly Registered
India

Citizenship for kid born in UK

Post by cooloz » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:04 pm

Hi,

My situation is I received ILR last week through 5 year T2G visa route. My wife is still on PBS dependent visa. Our son was born in the UK and holds a PBS dependant visa. He has an Indian passport. I was on T2G visa when he was born.

My questions are:

1. Do I need to apply for an ILR for my son as well first or he is eligible for citizenship?

2. My spouse needs to get her ILR first before we apply for our son or they can apply independently?

3. What all documents I need for my son's application - Does UK Birth Certificate, India Passport, and current Biometric card is sufficient or any other documents are needed?

4. What all documents I need to submit for his application i.e. bank statements, salary slips, etc. Please, can you advise the full list of docs?

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Citizenship for kid born in UK

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:11 pm

1. He doesn't need ilr. UK born children have an entitlement to register as British once either parent gets ILR.

2. See #1 above. Wife doesn't need ilr first.

3. The online checklist will tell you what you need. You also need to provide proof of your ilr.

4. You don't need bank statements and payslips, you are not applying for a visa. Read the mn1 guide and look at the checklist the online gives you at the end.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cooloz
Newly Registered
India

Re: Citizenship for kid born in UK

Post by cooloz » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:12 pm

Many Thanks CR001. This helps!

cooloz
Newly Registered
India

Application and documents needed for kid's naturalisation

Post by cooloz » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:34 pm

Hi,

Our present status is I and my spouse are granted ILR in Aug 2019 and Nov 2019 respectively. We both are granted ILR through 5 year Tier 2 General route, I as main applicant and spouse as a dependent.

Our son was born in September 2015 within the UK. He currently holds an Indian passport with PBS dependant visa. His BRP end date is Sept 2020 (same end date as mine when in Tier2 General category)

Query 1: Given both the parents are now in settled status and kid was born in the UK, I presume I can directly go for his naturalization bypassing the application for ILR?

Query 2: What is the application name through which I can proceed. Is it online or paper-based? The online form asks about all sort of questions like Life in the UK, English language, exemptions, etc, etc, which are not applicable for a 4-year-old. I am not sure which form to fill online and how to get to that form? Can you please guide?

Query 3: I believe the documents needed are passports, biometric cards - for parents and kid, full English Birth Certificate for kid? Do I also need any financial documents from either parent like bank statements, salary slips etc?

I am sure this is a straight forward process with many folks gone through this route. Please can you help in answering the above queries? I seem to be a little lost in the online form (came with a link 'Naturalisation' in an email after registration) with all sorts of non-relevant questions in kid's context.
Please help with the queries.

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Application and documents needed for kid's naturalisation

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:44 pm

Topics merged!!!!
Query 1: Given both the parents are now in settled status and kid was born in the UK, I presume I can directly go for his naturalization bypassing the application for ILR?
Already answered when you asked in August last year (point 1 above)!!
Query 2: What is the application name through which I can proceed. Is it online or paper-based? The online form asks about all sort of questions like Life in the UK, English language, exemptions, etc, etc, which are not applicable for a 4-year-old. I am not sure which form to fill online and how to get to that form? Can you please guide?
There is only one form for children, form MN1, as already answered last year when you asked (point 4 above).
Query 3: I believe the documents needed are passports, biometric cards - for parents and kid, full English Birth Certificate for kid? Do I also need any financial documents from either parent like bank statements, salary slips etc?
Already answered last year. Answer remains exactly the same!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cooloz
Newly Registered
India

MN1 form Referee signed document with photo

Post by cooloz » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:08 am

Hi,

Can I please get some advice on scan and upload of the referee documents and other documents for MN1 application.

1. Do we need to scan the signed document - both photo page with the photo attached and signature page and upload in UKVCAAS as one single document or scan the picture page without a picture and then insert the digital picture of the application in the photo area and then upload in the UKVCAS portal?

2. Is there any need for the referee to sign on the picture as well?

3. In the list of documents they are asking for the following:
a) proof of mother and father parental responsibility - Presume this is the long Birth certificate of the kid? Is there any other document that proves the parental responsibility?

b) Letter of consent for Mxxx parent(s) or legal guardians(s) - Is there any separate letter that both me and my wife need to write and sign apart from 'Parents_consent' form that is downloadable during the application process?

Thanks for the help

Regards

cooloz
Newly Registered
India

Re: MN1 form Referee signed document with photo

Post by cooloz » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:52 am

Hi, Can you please help in responding to the above query. Please let me know your views for queries 3 and 4. I need to upload the documents urgently (Monday appointment).

In the consent form, if both parents have signed first page, is there any need to sign the guardian page as well?

Thanks