ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Time to get the CoA or final decision as first time BRC applicant in new system

Poll ended at Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:30 pm

Within 2 weeks of biometrics appointment
41%
Within 1 month of biometrics appointment
23%
Within 3 months of biometrics appointment
4%
Have not received anything yet (2 weeks not up)
15%
Have not received anything for more than 3 months.
16%
Received after 3 months.
1%

Total votes: 93

Alijee786
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by Alijee786 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:34 pm

timme wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:48 pm
Makicaks wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:50 pm
Hi,

I found this forum very helpful, thank you very much for all the information that you share.
I applied as a family member and with EEA family permit and these are my timelines:
Application submitted: 16th of January
Biometrics: 20th of January (paid 60 pounds to do it asap)
COA: 28th of February - I called them 3 times and sent an email because it has been more than a month since I submitted biometrics and I did not even have COA. Eventually, they sent it.
Decision: Waiting

So how long approximately takes for them to make a decision for pre-settled status? My Family permit will expire in late April, what should I do if they do not make a decision by then?

When I wrote an email to them, I indicated that the official documents of the government state that it takes 5 days up to a month to complete the whole process and that in my case this timeline was not respected and they responded that that is an indicative timeline and not a service standard. They are misleading people, which is honestly horrendous.

Thank you in advance!

M.
don't worry about your visa is gong to be expired, you have your coa now, you won't be treated as a overstay even you don't get a result after your current visa is expired, this process does take long than they said.
I read somwhere that coa is valid for 6 months. What if decision takes longer than 6 months ??
Like in above case the visa expires

Alijee786
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Alijee786 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:39 pm

Have contacted my local MP today. But his office seems to be leaning towards home Office. As he used the same words that cases are treated individual basis so can take longer than expected. So all you can do is wait for the decision. If its not the case and home office cannot give certain time line they should not be telling everywhere that “ most cases take 5 days and can take upto a month where further info is required “. Clearly in most cases we have seen at this forum took more than a month which is totally opposite what home office claims.

timme
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by timme » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:04 pm

Alijee786 wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:34 pm
timme wrote:
Makicaks wrote:
Hi,

I found this forum very helpful, thank you very much for all the information that you share.
I applied as a family member and with EEA family permit and these are my timelines:
COA: 28th of February - I called them 3 times and sent an email because it has been more than a month since I submitted biometrics and I did not even have COA. Eventually, they sent it.

So how long approximately takes for them to make a decision for pre-settled status? My Family permit will expire in late April, what should I do if they do not make a decision by then?

When I wrote an email to them, I indicated that the official documents of the government state that it takes 5 days up to a month to complete the whole process and that in my case this timeline was not respected and they responded that that is an indicative timeline and not a service standard. They are misleading people, which is honestly horrendous.

Thank you in advance!

M.
don't worry about your visa is gong to be expired, you have your coa now, you won't be treated as a overstay even you don't get a result after your current visa is expired, this process does take long than they said.
I read somwhere that coa is valid for 6 months. What if decision takes longer than 6 months ??
Based on the UK law, for any kind of visa in uk, once you submit your new application successfully before the expired date on your visa, you automatically under the protection of uk government, you can wait as long as you can to get a result for your new visa and without been treated as a overstayer, until you get a pass or reject.
and also there is another good thing for EU settlement visa, it is also under the protection of EU, so even you are overstay in uk you still have the right to apply for EU settlement visa, so if you get a reject after your visa is expired, you still have the right to reapply again.
COA is just a recipe to tell you that your application is in processing now, for some people they want to use it as a proof to work, it is not extramly important, some people don't even have one in their whole process, even you hold your coa more than 6 months and you still don't get a result, that just means you can't use your coa to work anymore, it doesn't mean you are a overstayer.
in conclusion, if you are not in a hurry to find a job, holding a long-time-wait application won't effect your right to stay in uk, (but waiting is soooo annoying)
hope this answer would help you a bit, thank you.

Alijee786
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Alijee786 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:22 pm

timme wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:04 pm
Alijee786 wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:34 pm
timme wrote:
Makicaks wrote:
Hi,

Thank you in advance!

M.
Based on the UK law, for any kind of visa in uk, once you submit your new application successfully before the expired date on your visa, you automatically under the protection of uk government, you can wait as long as you can to get a result for your new visa and without been treated as a overstayer, until you get a pass or reject.
and also there is another good thing for EU settlement visa, it is also under the protection of EU, so even you are overstay in uk you still have the right to apply for EU settlement visa, so if you get a reject after your visa is expired, you still have the right to reapply again.
COA is just a recipe to tell you that your application is in processing now, for some people they want to use it as a proof to work, it is not extramly important, some people don't even have one in their whole process, even you hold your coa more than 6 months and you still don't get a result, that just means you can't use your coa to work anymore, it doesn't mean you are a overstayer.
in conclusion, if you are not in a hurry to find a job, holding a long-time-wait application won't effect your right to stay in uk, (but waiting is soooo annoying)
hope this answer would help you a bit, thank you.
Thanx explained alot !!!

hamzakhan
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Post by hamzakhan » Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:34 am

strawbea wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:01 am
hamzakhan wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:44 am
Hi everyone.

i applied as non eu family member.
my timeline is
2 sep 2019
coa 4 sep
my partner already get his decision settled status January 2020

but i still waiting for my decision since then its 6 months now.

they did not ask any additional documents.
whenever i called to eu resultion center they always give me the same answer its with caseworker everything is look good but still.no reply from caseworker.

can someone tell me what i can i do now?

do i need to contact my Mp?
because i am really worried about it.
thanks
Hi, you should contact your MP. It's worth a try as I got the decision one week after I contacted the MP.
They will help to raise the case to Home Office.
Hi strawbea i recived my status today

best of luck and best wishes.

my case took 6+ months but finally i recived it.

IMuhammad
Newly Registered

Post by IMuhammad » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:59 pm

Hi to everyone, I’ve been following this forum for a few months now and it’s very helpful. I submitted my Eu Settlement Scheme application as a Non Eu Family Member for pre settled status nearly 4 months ago and still waiting for decision.

Here is my timeline;

Application Submitted: 03/11/2019
Biometric Submission: 05/11/2019
Received COA: 07/11/2019
Contacted MP: 25/02/2020
Decision: Pending...

Good luck to everyone with their applications!

Saa123
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Saa123 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:08 pm

IMuhammad wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:59 pm
Hi to everyone, I’ve been following this forum for a few months now and it’s very helpful. I submitted my Eu Settlement Scheme application as a Non Eu Family Member for pre settled status nearly 4 months ago and still waiting for decision.

Here is my timeline;

Application Submitted: 03/11/2019
Biometric Submission: 05/11/2019
Received COA: 07/11/2019
Contacted MP: 25/02/2020
Decision: Pending...

Good luck to everyone with their applications!

Same here bro all the best we get answer this week

Zohaibkhan
Newly Registered

Post by Zohaibkhan » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:51 am

Hello members i have applied for Euss
I am a non eu citizen.and extended family member of my uncle(Never issued residence card before)
My timeline is
Application submitted: 16 December 2019
Biometrics done : 20 jan 2020
COA received by email : 29 feb 2020

My question is

Is COA means my application will be successful?

Thanks in advance

Alijee786
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Alijee786 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:54 am

Zohaibkhan wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:51 am
Hello members i have applied for EU Settlement Scheme
I am a non eu citizen.and extended family member of my uncle(Never issued residence card before)
My timeline is

My question is

Thanks in advance
I dont think so!. It means application is valid and case worker will make a decision on it. Also they can ask for further evidence after submission and after you have received coa

docado

Post by docado » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:43 am

Zohaibkhan wrote:
My timeline is

My question is

Thanks in advance
Hi,
Do you hold valid 6 months Family Permit? If yes, is it still valid?

Zohaibkhan
Newly Registered

Post by Zohaibkhan » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:04 pm

docado wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:43 am
Zohaibkhan wrote:
My timeline is

My question is

Thanks in advance
Hi,
Do you hold valid 6 months Family Permit? If yes, is it still valid?
No o don’t have any valid family permit.my case is in upper tribunal for hearing

Zohaibkhan
Newly Registered

Post by Zohaibkhan » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:07 pm

Alijee786 wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:54 am
Zohaibkhan wrote:
My timeline is

My question is

Thanks in advance
I dont think so!. It means application is valid and case worker will make a decision on it. Also they can ask for further evidence after submission and after you have received coa
But is there anyone who got COA.but after that they refuse to give status under Euss?

docado

Post by docado » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:20 pm

Zohaibkhan wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:07 pm
Alijee786 wrote:
Zohaibkhan wrote:
My timeline is

My question is

Thanks in advance
But is there anyone who got COA.but after that they refuse to give status under EU Settlement Scheme?
Hi Zohaib,
It is pretty sure that everything varies case to case however I am strongly hopeful if your application under EU Settlement case is valid, i.e. COA. then you will get get either of the statuses. I wish you good luck..

Zohaibkhan
Newly Registered

Post by Zohaibkhan » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:40 pm

docado wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:20 pm
Zohaibkhan wrote:
Alijee786 wrote:
Zohaibkhan wrote:
My timeline is

My question is

Thanks in advance
But is there anyone who got COA.but after that they refuse to give status under EU Settlement Scheme?
Hi Zohaib,
It is pretty sure that everything varies case to case however I am strongly hopeful if your application under EU Settlement case is valid, i.e. COA. then you will get get either of the statuses. I wish you good luck..
Thanks so much😊

Alijee786
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Alijee786 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:49 pm

Zohaibkhan wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:40 pm
docado wrote:
Zohaibkhan wrote:
Alijee786 wrote:

Hi Zohaib,
Thanks so much😊
Haven’t heard anything like this unless you have criminal record

docado

Post by docado » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:53 pm

Alijee786 wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:49 pm
Zohaibkhan wrote:
docado wrote:
Zohaibkhan wrote:

Hi Zohaib,
Thanks so much😊
Alijee786 is absolutely right

Zohaibkhan
Newly Registered

Post by Zohaibkhan » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:44 am

docado wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:53 pm
Alijee786 wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:49 pm
Zohaibkhan wrote:
docado wrote:

Hi Zohaib,
Thanks so much😊
Alijee786 is absolutely right
But i heard that its difficult for extended family member to get status under EU Settlement Scheme

lichzz
Taiwan

Post by lichzz » Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:12 pm

I got a refusal letter today.
I applied as a civil partnership of an Eu member.
They said it is not a valid proof as I'm applying as a durable partner.
But I checked the website and guideline state family member is spouse and civil partner.
I also called the resolution centre when I made the application and they say it's ok.
In the letter, they ask me to apply for a residence card.

This is my timeline
Application 28, Oct 2019
COA 06, Nov 2019
My original tier 4 visa expired Jan 2020
ask to upload contract of civil partnership 27, Feb 2020
Refusal 04, March 2020

I don't know what to do now, should I apply for administration review?
Now without a valid visa can I apply for RC?
Can I Still work?

OptimisticNow
Mood:
Cyprus

Post by OptimisticNow » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:09 pm

Hello guys. I did my biometrics on the 7th of Feb and haven’t received anything yet. It’s almost a month. Do you think I should call them? If they require additional info, do they call or email?

eke123
Nigeria

Post by eke123 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:33 pm

lichzz wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:12 pm
I got a refusal letter today.
I applied as a civil partnership of an Eu member.
They said it is not a valid proof as I'm applying as a durable partner.
But I checked the website and guideline state family member is spouse and civil partner.
I also called the resolution centre when I made the application and they say it's ok.
In the letter, they ask me to apply for a residence card.

This is my timeline
Application 28, Oct 2019
COA 06, Nov 2019
My original tier 4 visa expired Jan 2020
ask to upload contract of civil partnership 27, Feb 2020
Refusal 04, March 2020

I don't know what to do now, should I apply for administration review?
Now without a valid visa can I apply for RC?
Can I Still work?
So sorry to hear this
Please don't loose hope
Its gonna be good news someday trust me.
As long as there's life there's hope
All the best

Mando
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Mando » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:41 am

OptimisticNow wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:09 pm
Hello guys. I did my biometrics on the 7th of Feb and haven’t received anything yet. It’s almost a month. Do you think I should call them? If they require additional info, do they call or email?
I am in similar situation with roughly same dates. My biometrics was done on the 3th of Feb. Also have not heard anything yet. I will try to call them and let you know and please do update if you have an updates. Best of luck.

OptimisticNow
Mood:
Cyprus

Post by OptimisticNow » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:24 am

Mando wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:41 am
OptimisticNow wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:09 pm
I am in similar situation with roughly same dates. My biometrics was done on the 3th of Feb. Also have not heard anything yet. I will try to call them and let you know and please do update if you have an updates. Best of luck.
No problem. Pls let me know. I will wait maybe till tomorrow lunch time, and if nothing happens, call them.

Tiktok
Morocco

Post by Tiktok » Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:13 am

I just want to share my family timeline
He's an overstayed his visit visa his 27 years old

He applied to the eu settlement scheme on the 13/02/2020
He applied on the basis of his cousin his French with settled status he translated his cousin birth certificate and his and family link and then applied to the eu settlement and gess what on the 28/02/202 he received his pre settled status.

murmurka
Newly Registered

Post by murmurka » Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:46 am

My timeline so far:

Application: 16 Jan 2020
Biometrics: 20 Jan 2020
COA: 5 March 2020
Decision: waiting

docado

Post by docado » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:46 am