ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR as global talent by switching from Tier 2 general

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nidaluk
Newly Registered
Mood:
Wales

ILR as global talent by switching from Tier 2 general

Post by nidaluk » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:37 pm

I have been on Tier 2 general for 3 years and 3 months. I got my Tier 1 Global Talent visa today 11th March.
technically I should be eligible to apply for ILR from day one. However the rules say I should provide evidence to show I have earned money in the UK linked to your expert field under that visa.

how long should I wait to apply for ILR? can I apply this month? or should I wait till early April? or even early May.

please advice if you know someone with similar situation?

Nagrawal
Newly Registered
India

Re: ILR as global talent by switching from Tier 2 general

Post by Nagrawal » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:53 pm

Hi,

Do you mind sharing your contact, I would like to discuss about the process you have experienced.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:22 am

Nagrawal wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:53 pm
Hi,

Do you mind sharing your contact, I would like to discuss about the process you have experienced.
Members are not permitted to post any form of personal contact information on the forum. It seems you have only joined the forum specifically to ask for members contact information!! Please desist from doing this.

If you need information about the visas, read the official ukvi website and guidance notes!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Nagrawal
Newly Registered
India

Post by Nagrawal » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:56 am

Apologies!

@naishru, could you tell me in what category you have applied? And what documents were required.

navishru2018
Newly Registered
India

Post by navishru2018 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:09 am

Hi, I applied in Exceptional talent promise. However, was fortunate enough to be endorsed in Exceptional Talent (leader). It looks like they have counted my PhD also towards my experience.
Thanks!

Nagrawal
Newly Registered
India

Post by Nagrawal » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:16 am

As, I understood you were on Tier 2 general. So by switching this Visa, does clock starts again or you are eligible for ILR in 2 years time considering 5 years rule. I have recently extended my tier 2 general for remaining 2 years and due in jan 2022. So, what do you suggest I should do in this case. Somehow blocked with sponsorer, whereas if this Visa will give me more opportunities to look into.

navishru2018
Newly Registered
India

Post by navishru2018 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:34 pm

Hi Nagarwal, I do not think the clock resets when switching from T2 general to T1 (global talent). The time spent on T2 is used towards T1 (global talent leader) which is only 3 years and not five years.
Hope this helps.

Nagrawal
Newly Registered
India

Post by Nagrawal » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:58 pm

Hi Navishru2018,

Thanks for your reply. I understood the time spent will not be wasted. But, here I have a different situation. Where, I was working as a business analyst somewhat closure to technical side of the business and with that I have started learning and working on python and DEVOPS due to my interest.

So, if I apply for promising leader showing my interest and get the endorsement letter.

So, will they consider my previous stay in 5 years time. As my fields will be different in last 5 years. Or they will ask me to complete 5 years on this particular field.

Thanks!

navishru2018
Newly Registered
India

Post by navishru2018 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:33 pm

Hi Nagarwal,
My understanding would be they will include the time you have spent in Tier 2 General. However, you should spend at least 2 months in GT and then apply for ILR because your recent leave should be in GT. But I wonder why you would want to do it in first place if you have spent 5 years in Tier 2 General already, you should straight away apply to ILR right?
I am a bit lost here.

Nagrawal
Newly Registered
India

Post by Nagrawal » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:28 am

Hi Navishru,

Let me explain you again.

I am on TIER 2 General working as BUSINESS ANALYST and have remaining 2 years for my ILR. As, I would like to work in different field due to my interest and also GLOBAL TALENT VISA gives more flexibility in work wise.

So, If I switch to GTV promising leader, will they consider my previous field after 2 years Or they will ask me to spend time on field for which I got endorsed for. Which means I have to spend 5 years.

So, switching at this stage, will completing 5 years will have more precedence or the field of talent.

Hope you understood this time.

Thanks!