ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switch from tier 4 to tier 2 child dependent visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sharo12
Newly Registered

Switch from tier 4 to tier 2 child dependent visa

Post by sharo12 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:39 pm

Hi,
I would like to change my visa from a tier 4 to tier 2 child dependent. My father is on a tier 2 visa, so is it possible for me to become his dependent. I am over 18, and I am pursuing a masters degree. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Switch from tier 4 to tier 2 child dependent visa

Post by sah10406 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:16 pm

sharo12 wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:39 pm
I would like to change my visa from a tier 4 to tier 2 child dependent. My father is on a tier 2 visa, so is it possible for me to become his dependent. I am over 18, and I am pursuing a masters degree.
No. See paragraph 131 of the PBS Dependants Policy Guidance:

131. Children aged 18 or over who have not previously been granted leave as the family member of
the Main Applicant cannot be granted leave as the family member of a Main Applicant.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

sharo12
Newly Registered

Post by sharo12 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:35 pm

Is there any way around this rule because on there(gov.uk) website it states this:"If your child is over 18 they cannot apply if they are outside the UK. They can apply from inside the UK if they are already here as your dependant". Could you please explain. Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:38 pm

sharo12 wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:35 pm
Is there any way around this rule because on there(gov.uk) website it states this:"If your child is over 18 they cannot apply if they are outside the UK. They can apply from inside the UK if they are already here as your dependant". Could you please explain. Thank you.
It clearly states you can only apply if you are over 18 and already in the UK on a dependent visa. You are not on a dependent visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.