ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Genuine Mistake

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

SLUK
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Genuine Mistake

Post by SLUK » Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:04 pm

Hello,

I submitted my Tier 2 (general - changes of employment - ISC exempt) application on 10th March 2020 and attended the appointment with UKVCAS on March 16th 2020. UKVCAS confirmed via text the same day that my information was passed on to UKVI.

Normally, I would wait to hear from UKVI. Given the current situation, I am preparing for multiple eventualities so please tell me to wait if I am being paranoid.

My question: I received a penalty charge notice (PCN) and paid £35 for a £70 penalty as I paid within 21 days. I disclosed this to be on the safe side. In my description, I used the word "fine" twice instead of "penalty". I know PCNs are not usually problematic, especially if one has had just the one with no further penalties/complications. However, I am worried if the caseworker could treat this as a fine and not a penalty. What are the chances of this being the case?

Any advice would help put my mind at ease.

Stay safe!

M

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Genuine Mistake

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:38 pm

please tell me to wait if I am being paranoid.
Yes, overthinking.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

SLUK
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Re: Genuine Mistake

Post by SLUK » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:06 pm

Thank you!