ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of Living in the UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

PJUKVIS
Newly Registered

Proof of Living in the UK

Post by PJUKVIS » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:52 am

Hi all,

My wife is American and is applying for naturalisation after being granted indefinite leave to remain last month. The application states she needs to provide:

Proof of living in the UK for 5 years if applying in your own right or 3 years if applying as the spouse of a British Citizen....

If you are a Non-EEA National, you need to include your passport to prove you have lived in the UK for the relevant 3- or 5-year period.

If you do not have your passport or it was not stamped when you entered the UK, you need to include letters (for example, from your employer or government department) as proof.

Bank statements or household bills are not suitable proof you have been living in the UK”

My wife has been on 5 trips back to the USA in the last 3 years totalling 83 days absence. However for three of these trips she did not get her passport stamped when she entered the USA. She has all 5 stamps when she returned back to the UK from each trip.

1. Will this be an issue as the passport does not prove when she left the UK for 3 of the trips?

2. Does she need to provide additional evidence beyond her passport? The guidance only states that additional evidence is required if the passport was not stamped when you ENTERED the UK.

Any advice would be gratefully received :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Proof of Living in the UK

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:01 am

Passports only.

Simply complete the absences in the form as required. HO have other means to check her travel.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.