ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

docs for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shohjura

ILR eligibility

Post by shohjura » Wed May 13, 2020 1:05 pm

Hi guys,
Hope everyone is well.

I am about to apply for ILR long residence soon, would be great if you guys could have a look and tell me if I am not missing anything:
-So, I entered the UK on a student visa Dec 2009, finished my student visa (BSc&MSc) on Jan 2016 without any gaps in visa;
-Granted graduate entrepreneur visa Feb 2016 until Feb 2017;
-applied for Entrepreneur visa on Feb 2017, got rejection in April 2017 due to absence of 1 doc, reapplied before 28 days passed and granted T1 Ent in Oct 2017 until Oct 2020;
-And I think now I can apply for ILR long residence since it has been more than 10 years I have been living in this country even before my current visa expires.

Also, I assume outcome of business success during T1 Ent doesn't matter as long as I fulfilled 10 year long residence requirement by living lawfully during this 10 years (for info, I spent £50k during T1 Ent period, had successful business even though we couldn't raise investment to take the business further yet)
And I didn't leave the uk for more than 1.5 month at any one time and not more than 1 year totally.

One last thing, I have a new passport and my old expired passport has been submitted to the government of my country even tho I have a copy of details page and vignette from my old passport (don't have entry exit&exit stamps)-can I just apply for letter explaining the situation?

Many thanks for your help.

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR eligibility

Post by zimba » Wed May 13, 2020 2:42 pm

Did you apply within 14 days or 28 days in 2017 for the new application ?? The 28 days concession in the rules was removed in Nov 2016 :!: Business success does not matter at all. Your passport situation is fine.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

shohjura

Post by shohjura » Wed May 13, 2020 3:00 pm

Hey Zimba,
I appealed the decision in April 2017 then when I got rejection to that appeal as well, applied within 28 days of appeal rejection-as long as I remember at that time 28 days rule was still a law and I remember complying with everything hence getting visa extension in Oct 2017.

I guess I am all clear to apply for ILR straight away when HO opens again?

Thank you

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed May 13, 2020 3:03 pm

shohjura wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 3:00 pm
Hey Zimba,
I appealed the decision in April 2017 then when I got rejection to that appeal as well, applied within 28 days of appeal rejection-as long as I remember at that time 28 days rule was still a law and I remember complying with everything hence getting visa extension in Oct 2017.

I guess I am all clear to apply for ILR straight away when HO opens again?

Thank you
Appeal ??! Appeal rights were removed in 2015. Do you mean AR ?!!!
You are also incorrect that in 2017 the 28 days rule was part of the rules. I covered the rule changes in 2016 affecting all applications made after 24 Nov 2016: uk-tier-1-entrepreneur-visas/changes-to ... 19351.html
Because you were granted visa does not mean you necessarily maintained your continuous stay. That is not how things work
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

shohjura

Post by shohjura » Wed May 13, 2020 3:10 pm

oh yeah, sorry my mistake, I checked my emails again and I made the new application after 14 days of receiving AR decision

please let me know if there is anything else
thanks

shohjura

Post by shohjura » Wed May 13, 2020 3:32 pm

sorry, I checked what happened back then so here is the details

I got rejection for first application 3/4/17, applied for AR within 14 days on 16/4/17, got rejection on 12/5/17 by post which I received after 3-4 days and sent fresh 2nd application on 30/5/17 by post-there looks like 2-3 days lag for 14 day period when I made the 2nd application but that was due to receiving the rejection letter by post which left less than 14 days, then getting new docs which were difficult- if I explain this, will HO accept 2-3 days lag?
thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed May 13, 2020 4:49 pm

shohjura wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 3:32 pm
sorry, I checked what happened back then so here is the details

I got rejection for first application 3/4/17, applied for AR within 14 days on 16/4/17, got rejection on 12/5/17 by post which I received after 3-4 days and sent fresh 2nd application on 30/5/17 by post-there looks like 2-3 days lag for 14 day period when I made the 2nd application but that was due to receiving the rejection letter by post which left less than 14 days, then getting new docs which were difficult- if I explain this, will HO accept 2-3 days lag?
thanks
It might be marginal. Try to request SAR

shohjura

Post by shohjura » Wed May 13, 2020 4:53 pm

sorry, you mean subject access request (SAR)? Do I get it from the lawyer who helped me apply?

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Wed May 13, 2020 4:55 pm

Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

shohjura

Post by shohjura » Wed May 13, 2020 5:14 pm

ok thanks guys

shohjura

docs for ILR

Post by shohjura » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:41 pm

hi guys,
hope everyone is well.
Booked my LIUT for early September and hope to apply for ILR long residence on super priority service soon after. Do we know if they are likely to proceed with super priority applications around that time considering the backlog they have now?

Do we need to submit police registration certificate as part of other docs for ILR? My BRP doesn't say register with the police as condition and the letter I received from HO about approval of my visa back then said I will receive another letter if I am required to register with the police which I didn't get.

Do we need to submit any other docs apart from passport, brp, UK degree for proof of English?

Many thanks!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: docs for ILR

Post by seagul » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:44 pm

shohjura wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:41 pm

Do we need to submit police registration certificate as part of other docs for ILR?
No if you are not required to register with them.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

shohjura

Post by shohjura » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:55 pm

Hi guys,
Today I submitted my application for ILR and paid the fee for a standard service.
When I go to UKVCAS site to book an appointment, none of the centres have any available appointments-am I missing something or I need to wait for them to send email first to be able to book an appoinment?

Many thanks

shohjura

Post by shohjura » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:36 pm

and do I upload a cover letter together with other docs in UKVCAS site explaining the 3 day lag for my last visa mentioned above?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:12 pm

shohjura wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:55 pm
Hi guys,
Today I submitted my application for ILR and paid the fee for a standard service.
When I go to UKVCAS site to book an appointment, none of the centres have any available appointments-am I missing something or I need to wait for them to send email first to be able to book an appoinment?

Many thanks
There is a LONG running post pinned at top of this forum :!: :!:

shohjura

Post by shohjura » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:24 pm

Hi guys,
I submitted my bio in croydon last week, but now I am changing my address. is there any way to get my address changed with ukvi so they send new brp once approved to the new address?
thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:35 pm

shohjura wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:24 pm
Hi guys,
I submitted my bio in croydon last week, but now I am changing my address. is there any way to get my address changed with ukvi so they send new brp once approved to the new address?
thanks
Use following form but still keep contact with new residents at old address.

https://visa-address-update.service.gov.uk/
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

shohjura

Post by shohjura » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:51 am

Hi guys,
I just received my ILR.
I wanted to thank everyone in this forum for their help and great work they are doing.
Thank you!

Happydays11

Post by Happydays11 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:03 am

Good news ,

as i am running post some of the letter after AR decision wrote apply within 14 days of receiving letter .

it might be lapsing (instructed timeframe on the letter) seems all legal, otherwise this leads to mislead.

and you got 2nd application successful ,my thinking if they accept your second application and granted .. there should not be an issue of timeline.

if you can post letter which you have explain of delay making second application would help others.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:08 am

shohjura wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:51 am
Hi guys,
I just received my ILR.
I wanted to thank everyone in this forum for their help and great work they are doing.
Thank you!
Congratulations shohjura.
Could you please enter your timelines in the below:

indefinite-leave-to-remain/lond-residen ... 4-460.html
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

shohjura

Post by shohjura » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:09 am

Hey
I put this in cover letter:
“..during my last visa renewal, my application was rejected for the first time due to a missing information in a bank statement which I appealed by applying for Administrative Review that was rejected as well. However, I got the rejection letter for AR dated 12/5/17 by post 4 days later on 16th of May which left me with little time to find new documents to reapply. I made a fresh application on 30th of May by post to comply with a new 14 day rule. I hope you accept this small postal delay”

Good luck

shohjura

Post by shohjura » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:10 am

@poper Sure will do now.
Good luck with your application as well

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:08 pm

Thank you for your wishes. I hope it comes through within 6 months of applying

TaherLy

Post by TaherLy » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:32 pm

Hi Shohjura

Congratulations on your ILR
I am in similar position in terms of passport as my previous passport was withdrawn and I don’t have copies of stamps . Did they require the passports? How did you address this issue?

Happydays11

Post by Happydays11 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:34 pm

So many people in this dilemma see what i found.

Time will start when you receive the decision not the date of decision. normally they assume applicant receive next day, but if they receive any other day after that time will start from there.

If they are accepting your application "good reason" its seems ok. otherwise they will invalid the application

below points from following link

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-ext.pdf

page starting from 18

When was the decision served?

If the eligible decision is sent by post to an address in the UK, it is regarded as having been received on the second working day after the day on which it was posted, unless there is evidence to prove it was received on a different date.

If the eligible decision is sent by courier to an address in the UK, it is regarded as having been received on the day on which it was delivered unless there is evidence to prove it was received on a different date. The delivery date is the date on which the person signed for the package.

and this is the evidence they will reject the application (exception to Good reason behind the delay) if deadline has passed.

Applications submitted after the deadline has expired must normally be rejected. The only exception to this is where the Secretary of State is satisfied that it would be unjust not to waive the time limit and the application was made as soon as reasonably practicable.

:D