ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

VikasMandal

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by VikasMandal » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:02 pm

Congratulations...
Can you please specify what date you booked your original appointment before lockdown?
Also, when it says from 22nd June they will start the next phase, does it mean it will give option to book new appointments for those who didn’t previously booked any appointment?

thecomptroller
Mood:
China

Post by thecomptroller » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:20 pm

Yes. SET M submitted on 17 March with premium service and Biometrics booked that day for 11 April. It was cancelled and moved twice by UKVCAS. Our third appointment was cancelled without notification or refund and I heard nothing further until today.

I guess the current phase is to allow those with cancelled appointments to book and the next phase may be for those who filed SET M but couldn’t book.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:23 pm

thecomptroller wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:20 pm
Yes. SET M submitted on 17 March with premium service and Biometrics booked that day for 11 April. It was cancelled and moved twice by UKVCAS. Our third appointment was cancelled without notification or refund and I heard nothing further until today.

I guess the current phase is to allow those with cancelled appointments to book and the next phase may be for those who filed SET M but couldn’t book.
There are many routes to ilr, not only set m and there are also many different visa category applications, all waitingting to book appointments who have submitted applications after lockdown. It has nothing to do with only being Set M.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

VikasMandal

Post by VikasMandal » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:28 pm

Thanks CR001 for clarifying that as it must be generic for all applications types and not specific to a category

AnILRApplicant
Mood:

Post by AnILRApplicant » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:30 pm

Appointments will be bookable from the 22nd of June. I’m very happy to hear!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:39 pm

Update:

Updated: 12 June 2020

UKVCAS, in conjunction with UKVI, is pleased to confirm that following the successful phased piloting of services across a reduced number of sites that we will shortly be announcing the next phase of UKVCAS service resumption across an expanded number of sites. UKVCAS has taken a steady and phased approach to ensure we can safely and effectively deliver services. We are committed to providing a safe and secure environment for all service users and staff and appreciate your ongoing patience as we work with UKVI to fully resume our service safely. We look forward to announcing the dates of our next phase within the next week.

This week, we are pleased to announce that from 22 June 2020 UKVCAS will be opening service points in Belfast, Cardiff Bay, Edinburgh and Glasgow.

The government’s response to COVID-19 meant that many customers who had an existing appointment, prior to the suspension of the service, had their appointments postponed. All customers whose application postcode is in Northern Ireland, Scotland or Wales and who previously had an appointment before the UKVCAS service was suspended, will be the first to be offered the opportunity to book an appointment and will receive email confirmation of this by 13 June 2020.

We are also releasing additional appointments meaning that customers who currently have access to the booking system will now have be able to book an appointment up to the 26 July. These customers will have access to the booking system until 20 June.

If you have access to the booking system please note that no appointment prices will be displayed when you rebook your new appointment at any available location. Your postponed appointment will no longer show on your account, to allow you to rebook for a new date and time at one of our open Service Points.

Our priority remains the safety of customers and staff and to ensure we deliver an effective service that meets public health guidelines. This means that initially we can still only offer our service at a reduced number of locations, and at a lower capacity than usual and unfortunately, if you did not have an existing appointment prior to the suspension of the service, you will not be able to book an appointment at this time.

Please be assured that UKVCAS and UKVI are planning the next phase of releases to accommodate customers who previously did not have a booked appointment. From 22 June 2020, UKVCAS will revert to offering a mix of free and chargeable appointments. Please check your registered email and this UKVCAS page for the latest information.

Visa Implications

For the latest information on implications for your Visa application, please check UKVI’s Immigration Guidance at GOV.UK

If your circumstances/contact details have changed or are urgent, since you applied for your UK visa, please contact UKVI’s Coronavirus Immigration Help Centre.

Coronavirus Immigration Help Centre
Email: CIH@homeoffice.gov.uk
Telephone: 0800 678 1767
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Find out about call charges

Whilst we will operate as efficiently as possible, there may be slight delays as we work within new COVID-19 safety guidelines.

Thank you for your continued patience during these unprecedented times.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Dekedaba
Newly Registered

Post by Dekedaba » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:43 pm

I'm guessing super priority too will be back on the 22nd?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:29 pm

Priority visa processing service is a VISA SERVICE offered by UKVI. You choose this during application submission.

This is NOT related to the appointment booking services offered by UKVCAS or their operations.

Priority visa processing services are NOT offered by UKVI for now, possibly due to a large existing backlog of applications. You should continue with your application using the Standard service for now

If you already applied and you're looking to book your appointment with UKVCAS, note the following:
Zimba wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:15 pm
The slots are not still open to applicants who applied after the closure of centres. So you must remain patient. They are prioritising people who booked their appointments before lockdown but could not attend due to closures
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

VikasMandal

Post by VikasMandal » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:21 am

Does that mean they will start taking new appointments bookings from 22nd June?

AnILRApplicant
Mood:

Post by AnILRApplicant » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:35 am

Yes. They will accept new applicants from the 22nd. They’re giving early access now to people who had had their appointments cancelled prior to the lockdown and that access will end on the 20th of June.

« We are also releasing additional appointments meaning that customers who currently have access to the booking system will now have be able to book an appointment up to the 26 July. These customers will have access to the booking system until 20 June. »

and then

« Please be assured that UKVCAS and UKVI are planning the next phase of releases to accommodate customers who previously did not have a booked appointment. From 22 June 2020, UKVCAS will revert to offering a mix of free and chargeable appointments. Please check your registered email and this UKVCAS page for the latest information. »

moal11

Post by moal11 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:23 pm

Could I ask, if this will include new bookings priority and super priority services as well?

Paul99

Post by Paul99 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:27 pm

Hi All,
Looks there is no update for opening priority service for new application yet .Only STD route is Avl.

Iam also waiting -if you guys got any update -pls share in this forum.

thanks,
Paul

VikasMandal

Post by VikasMandal » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:45 pm

On 22nd June is UKVCAS going the provide appointment booking slots based on application submitted to UKVI?
OR
From 22nd June it will be open to all irrespective of when the UKVI application was submitted?

For new appointments, will the UKVCAS biometric appointment dates be only after 26th July or it can be before that as well based on availability?

What kind of paid services will be available by UKVCAS after 22nd June?

Daided
Mexico

Post by Daided » Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:00 pm

I applied for ILR SET(O) on 05/Jun/2020.
Applied through Standard Service as nothing else was offered.
I’ve just received an email from HO saying they may take longer than 6 months to decide my application due to COVID-19.

For those that have applied to ILR in these last few weeks, have you received a similar email?

Shaaz2029

Post by Shaaz2029 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:02 am

Yes I have received the similar email. Applied on 1st June 2020.

Whizart

Post by Whizart » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:42 am

Daided wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:00 pm
I applied for ILR SET(O) on 05/Jun/2020.
Applied through Standard Service as nothing else was offered.
I’ve just received an email from HO saying they may take longer than 6 months to decide my application due to COVID-19.

For those that have applied to ILR in these last few weeks, have you received a similar email?
Hi, I submitted my SET(LR) application on 15th May 2020 via Standard route (As super-priority service was suspended) . I didn't receive such email. The only email I received was UK Visa application:Payment Confirmation. Like others I am also waiting for the availability of appointments.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:14 pm

Priority visa processing service is a VISA SERVICE offered by UKVI. You choose this during application submission.

This is NOT related to the appointment booking services offered by UKVCAS or their operations.

Priority visa processing services are NOT offered by UKVI for now, possibly due to a large existing backlog of applications. You should continue with your application using the Standard service for now

If you already applied and you're looking to book your appointment with UKVCAS, note the following:
Zimba wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:15 pm
The slots are not still open to applicants who applied after the closure of centres. So you must remain patient. They are prioritising people who booked their appointments before lockdown but could not attend due to closures
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Paul99

Post by Paul99 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:35 pm

Hi Zimba & team
Just a quick question , If i submit STD service now -when they open appointment can i upgrade to premium further or i have to go in STD route only .

Thanks,
Paul

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:37 pm

Paul99 wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:35 pm
Hi Zimba & team
Just a quick question , If i submit STD service now -when they open appointment can i upgrade to premium further or i have to go in STD route only .

Thanks,
Paul
No you can't. There is no 'service upgrade' function or facility anymore. If you have submitted and paid with standard service, you only have the standard service.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Paul99

Post by Paul99 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:55 pm

Thank You CR001 for the information .

Ehd1202
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Ehd1202 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:47 pm

The UKVCAS free and paid appointments only references time of day you go in for your biometrics (peak hours, etc). It doesn’t indicate that you can choose priority service as this is a UKVI service.

They haven’t specifically said what’s happening on 22 June but since those with previous appointments only have access till 20 June you would hope they have something planned for the next phase.

Normally you can’t upgrade from standard service but these are not normal times, let’s hope they work something out for us all being forced to apply as standard.

Daided
Mexico

Post by Daided » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:36 pm

Dear all,
Would somebody confirmed whether this email address is genuine?
WandSContingencyCaseworkDocumentReturn@homeoffice.gov.uk

I have received email from them requesting me to send documents via email.
Granted, the email contains my application number, but I found it strange since I have already submitted the requested documents via UKVCAS.
When I google the email address, the first result is from gov.uk website titled "Fraud, tricks and scams: guidance"

Are people receiving emails from this address after applying?
It's simply signed as:

Administrative Officer

Tier 2&5 TMT 15
Visas & Citizenship Operations – PBS & Citizenship
North East, Yorkshire & The Humberside Region
UK Visa's & Immigration
Level 2 Vulcan House (Iron)
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8NU

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:47 pm

Daided wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:36 pm
Dear all,
Would somebody confirmed whether this email address is genuine?
WandSContingencyCaseworkDocumentReturn@homeoffice.gov.uk

I have received email from them requesting me to send documents via email.
Granted, the email contains my application number, but I found it strange since I have already submitted the requested documents via UKVCAS.
When I google the email address, the first result is from gov.uk website titled "Fraud, tricks and scams: guidance"

Are people receiving emails from this address after applying?
It's simply signed as:

Administrative Officer

Tier 2&5 TMT 15
Visas & Citizenship Operations – PBS & Citizenship
North East, Yorkshire & The Humberside Region
UK Visa's & Immigration
Level 2 Vulcan House (Iron)
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8NU
Yes, it is genuine. Go read the posts in this thread. This is covered many times.

VikasMandal

Post by VikasMandal » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:10 pm

On 22nd June is UKVCAS going the provide appointment booking slots based on application submitted to UKVI?
OR
From 22nd June it will be open to all irrespective of when the UKVI application was submitted?

For new appointments, will the UKVCAS biometric appointment dates be only after 26th July or it can be before that as well based on availability?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:26 pm

VikasMandal wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:10 pm
OR

No one knows the answer to this yet. More clarity may come on 22nd June.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.