ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation and Citizenships

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Shikdar130
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Naturalisation and Citizenships

Post by Shikdar130 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:05 pm

Hi all,

I applied for the naturalisation application for my wife on 27/02/2020. 3/4 times the Bio matrix appointment has been cancelled due to COVID-19. At last we got one appointment on 09/06/2020 on Birmingham and she has done her bio matric . Now how long it takes to get the decision? Does anybody has any idea? I know because of COVID-19 it takes bit long than normal.but nearly 4 months gone. If anybody can help me about it .

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation and Citizenships

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:11 pm

Now how long it takes to get the decision? Does anybody has any idea?
Once biometrics have been enrolled, it can take up to 6 months.
Does anybody has any idea? I know because of COVID-19 it takes bit long than normal.but nearly 4 months gone. If anybody can help me about it .
Her application and supporting documents are only sent to UKVI by UKCVAS once she has attended her biometrics and had her identity check.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Shikdar130
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Shikdar130 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:14 am

Hi all,

Many thanks for the reply. Last 27/02/2020 application was made, 02/03/2020 all necessary documents was scanned and uploaded, after 3/4 times bio matric appointment changed at last we hardly managed one 09/06/2020 at Birmingham(90miles from home) so nearly 4 months gone. Now if it takes another upto 6months, then all together (4+6)=10months. It’s a long process. All necessary documents was been uploaded, Bio matric , identity check is been done. So we can expect that it will be faster than normal time.

Many thanks

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:18 am

You can't have any control over the time it takes. As long as your application is complete and you attended the biometrics, you just have to wait until they take a decision and respond to you.

Shikdar130
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Shikdar130 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:04 pm

Hi all,

Many thanks for the reply. I know we have no control over the time it takes. Just as a soft reminder, as we all are affected by COVID-19.UKVI will have their kind consideration as they did before and they will do it again. I am sure they understand the problem of others

Many thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:43 pm

I wouldn't try second guessing UKVI in terms of naturalisation application. They have taken steps to address the issues faced by visa holders where timings are important and many people were/are facing deadlines for renewals. That's immigration regulations, rather than nationality law where normally you wait until decisions are made, in the meantime applicants still have their ILR, PR/Settled Status, so do not face expiry of their status. Just my two penny worth.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Ukcitizenapp
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Ukcitizenapp » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:41 pm

I am afraid you are looking at 6 months.

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:21 pm

It could be anything from 6 months to a year, lately, people have been receiving decision on the same day after enrolling bio metrics as they have been processing applications and then only waiting for biometrics. Good luck.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:07 pm

bruteforce wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:21 pm
It could be anything from 6 months to a year, lately, people have been receiving decision on the same day after enrolling bio metrics as they have been processing applications and then only waiting for biometrics. Good luck.
This is only for visa or ilr application and not British citizenship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.