ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British getting married in Venezuela, what docs do I need?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Rainbowc
Newly Registered

Spouse visa and self-employment - when can I apply?

Post by Rainbowc » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:09 pm

Hi, I am a British citizen just returned to the UK. I'm planning to marry my spouse at some point this year (depending on covid situation). I have the opportunity of a self-employed position as a live-in carer. If I start work in July 2020, by April 2021 I will have reached the financial requirements to sponsor my spouse for his visa. My question is in two parts: 1) I will have only been working 9-10 months of the year. Does this still count as the "full" financial year (since I will have reached the threshold)? 2) Can I submit a self-assessment for the tax year 2020 - 2021 at the beginning of April? And can I use that self assessment straight away in order to apply for the spouse visa? (i.e. do I have to wait for it to be approved/processed or anything?)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse visa and self-employment - when can I apply?

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:29 pm

I suggest you read Section 9 (page 58 onwards) of the Appendix 1.7 document link below to understand what is required for self employment evidence. It is harder than being a normal PAYE employee.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -ext_1.pdf
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Re: Spouse visa and self-employment - when can I apply?

Post by TODMATT » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:04 am

Rainbowc wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:09 pm
Hi, I am a British citizen just returned to the UK. I'm planning to marry my spouse at some point this year (depending on covid situation). I have the opportunity of a self-employed position as a live-in carer. If I start work in July 2020, by April 2021 I will have reached the financial requirements to sponsor my spouse for his visa. My question is in two parts: 1) I will have only been working 9-10 months of the year. Does this still count as the "full" financial year (since I will have reached the threshold)? 2) Can I submit a self-assessment for the tax year 2020 - 2021 at the beginning of April? And can I use that self assessment straight away in order to apply for the spouse visa? (i.e. do I have to wait for it to be approved/processed or anything?)
Your most recent financial year will be April 20-April 2021 and as long as you have earned the required amount during those financial year then you should be fine. You must have evidence on going self employment at the date of the application.

You can apply after file for your self assessment tax return probably May 2021.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

Rainbowc
Newly Registered

British getting married in Venezuela, what docs do I need?

Post by Rainbowc » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:09 pm

Hi, I'm a British woman planning to marry my Venezuelan fiance in November in Venezuela. As far as I know I need a copy of my birth certificate apostled here in the UK, a certificate of no impediment apostled. Do I need them both translated too? Do I have to do this in Venezuela or can I do it here? If here, where can I go to get this done?

Do we also need to announce the engagement /wedding with the newspapers? Wasn't really clear on that bit.

Apart from my passport, is there anything else I need?

geoeng
Canada

Re: British getting married in Venezuela, what docs do I need?

Post by geoeng » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:39 am

If you're asking about what documents you will need to get married in another country, I have absolutely no idea and this will likely depend on the country. Might be the wrong forum for that.

If you're asking about what documents you will need to get a spouse visa having gotten married in Venezuela, you will need to provide evidence you’re in a civil partnership or marriage that’s recognised in the UK (typically a marriage certificate) and a certified translation of any document that is not in English or Welsh as well as details any people you or your partner were previously married to, in a civil partnership with or had children with and evidence of marriages ending, for example a divorce certificate.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/provide-information
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.