ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what are the requirements for RLMT excemptions?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

limali

Curtailment tier 2 visa

Post by limali » Sun May 31, 2020 11:48 am

I recently became redundant and I am waiting for my curtailment letter. I was wondering how long it took you to receive your curtailment letter.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Curtailment tier 2 visa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 31, 2020 12:07 pm

Curtailment letters can take a few months to get sent out.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

limali

Post by limali » Sun May 31, 2020 8:52 pm

According to a comment by picu in May 6 some people received it in couple of weeks which can be worrying. uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/tier ... 00176.html

limali

Obtaining sponsorship license in short time

Post by limali » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:33 pm

I have limited time due to being redundant and I have an offer company that don’t have the sponsorship license. Never had. They are willing to sponsor me but I am not sure about the timeline. Is there a priority service for Tier 2 sponsorship license just like for Tier 2 visa application? Can I be hopeful to this position if I have 2 month left in my visa?

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Obtaining sponsorship license in short time

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:40 pm

Hello

2 months seems too short to me. They won't get their license overnight. The process is explained here:

https://www.gov.uk/uk-visa-sponsorship- ... sibilities

It will take the company some time to prepare all the documentation and define the key roles then they need to apply. The Home Office indicates a processing time around 8 weeks. I am not aware about any rush service for that.

GodSaveTheQueen
Newly Registered
India

Post by GodSaveTheQueen » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:48 pm

Every immigrant has immunity from curtailment or deportation as per ukvi website till Jul 31 2020

limali

Post by limali » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:23 pm

what if you dont have covid symptoms after 2 weeks and your home country is fully operating? (no lock-down?)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:25 pm

limali wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:23 pm
what if you dont have covid symptoms after 2 weeks and your home country is fully operating? (no lock-down?)
Not sure what the previous user is claiming about immunity. There is no such thing.

If your visa expires or is curtailed, you must leave the UK by the relevant date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

limali

what are the requirements for RLMT excemptions?

Post by limali » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:55 pm

I lost my Tier 2 job a few weeks ago and I am looking for new positions. I know that my job is in the shortage list and my salary range is more than 33k per annum. I checked and it seems to me that since I am in the UK and have all the mentioned criteria, I am exempt from RLMT but a company that I am interviewing with told me they had experienced in the past and they need to run RLMT for two months. I do not have that much time so I am just wondering if I am exempt from RLMT or not?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: what are the requirements for RLMT excemptions?

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:10 pm

Rlmt is NOT required for a shortage occupation SOC.

When does your current visa expire?

Why don't you have time to wait if they want to rlmt?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

limali

Post by limali » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:55 pm

I have around 60 days on my visa. The thing is if they advertise the role, I think in this situation, it is very unlikely for them to prove no one was qualified especially given the job market at the moment and the fact that I don't have many years of experience. what if you are younger than 26? Do you think that can be helpful for exemption?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:58 pm

Your age is irrelevant.

A shortage occupation has no rlmt requirment.

Perhaps it is the company themselves that want assurance if advertising for the best possible candidate before employing someone, as they might have had a bad experience in the past with a potential tier 2 migrant.

If this is the case, then there isn't anything you can do to convince them otherwise.
Char (CR001 not Casa)